IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

31 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Well, Josie posted that story if Willow singing the Obedience Song. It's especially cringey. And religious. Let me see if I can find it so everyone can judge for themselves.

Found it! 

I do think that would be a clue to their fundieness. However that’s just one post out of many many posts she makes. Erin and Chad are ridiculously obvious in their fundieness. It oozes out of every damn post. However Josie posts constantly and many of the posts do not contain any clues to her fundieness. And that’s why I said I would think just looking over her instagram without knowing who she is would make me think she was a mainstream Christian. She keeps her extreme religion out of her job for the most part. She just makes it seem like she’s a Christian. I think she’s likely doing it on purpose. Plus I also think she is very different from Erin or Michael. Who can’t stop spewing all their religion all over their social media. I think she doesn’t have to evangelize like so many of her family members. 

• Upvote 7

Oh, I agree that Josie's SM is curated to the nth degree. I was surprised that she posted Willow singing.THAT song. Does this mean she doesn't know Baby Shark, which would have been much more in line with her other posts? Or does Willow only know songs she learns at church (or even worse, at home)?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Oh, I agree that Josie's SM is curated to the nth degree. I was surprised that she posted Willow singing.THAT song. Does this mean she doesn't know Baby Shark, which would have been much more in line with her other posts? Or does Willow only know songs she learns at church (or even worse, at home)?

I think she’s shown Willow watching videos like that online. So she probably knows both. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she’s shown Willow watching videos like that online. So she probably knows both. 

I certainly hope they're not limiting her to just fundie bullshit. 

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

During my work at a respite group home, one kid would come in with a bagful of videos.  He would usually play just one , “Baby Beluga,” until I was on my last nerve.  Another kid had parents who were bona fide fundies.   We had strict instructions to put him in his room away from any music that they had not approved,   I had bleeding ears at shifts end quite often, but I miss all the kids to this day.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, marmalade said:

Well, Josie posted that story if Willow singing the Obedience Song. It's especially cringey. And religious. Let me see if I can find it so everyone can judge for themselves.

Found it! 

Dang, never heard that song before. The lyrics are on another level of creepy!!

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

I bet a lot of fundies allow a few cocomelon youtube videos here and there just so their toddlers will sit still for 5 minutes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Josie posted a Monday morning routine video at IG. It starts with the alarm clock showing 5.24. Shortly thereafter she and Kelton do workout. Sometime after the workout she wakes the girls up. I’m like do people really wake up that early to exercise? Do people with small children do that? It’s nothing wrong with it of course, but I could never pull that off. Granted, I’m not a morning person and I’m glad if I make it to work by 8 o’clock. When our kids were small I definitely did not have the energy to wake up earlier than the kids. Workout was done (if it was done at all) later in the day.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I used to go to a fitness class studio and the 5 am and 6 am classes were always full as soon as they were open for booking. I always went after work, but I could see sold out classes and waitlists in the app, and those early morning classes were by far the most popular. I, for one, am nowhere near coordinated at 5 am to lift weights or row. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

It would be very do able if you go to sleep at 8 or  , but  do people really go to bed that early ?? I can't imagine  that even as it is so far from my own reality.

• I Agree 1

Braggie (M is for Mama) loved loved loved to brag about how early she got up to teach a fitness class while having a ridiculous amount of kids. I think it was the 5am class and I swear it was her entire identity for awhile. It was cringe. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Josie posted a Monday morning routine video at IG. It starts with the alarm clock showing 5.24. Shortly thereafter she and Kelton do workout. Sometime after the workout she wakes the girls up. I’m like do people really wake up that early to exercise? Do people with small children do that? It’s nothing wrong with it of course, but I could never pull that off. Granted, I’m not a morning person and I’m glad if I make it to work by 8 o’clock. When our kids were small I definitely did not have the energy to wake up earlier than the kids. Workout was done (if it was done at all) later in the day.

Yes, when my kids were little and I worked PT, I would go to a 5:00 class on the days I worked. My husband did the 5 AM class on the days I was home. I started work at 0700 and had about a 30 minute drive, so it all worked. Admittedly, I am a morning person and would never go to an after work class. After working, commuting  and picking up the kids I wouldn’t even go to the grocery store. It was home, dinner, clean up and bed when those kids were little.

4 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

She is what 23? When I was that age, I was partying until 3 a.m and working at 8 a.m. I am exhausted just remembering but I kept that pace for a couple of years.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie (M is for Mama) loved loved loved to brag about how early she got up to teach a fitness class while having a ridiculous amount of kids. I think it was the 5am class and I swear it was her entire identity for awhile. It was cringe. 

Braggie is made up of 100% cringe. There is nothing she does, says, writes, or probably thinks that isn't cringe.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I'm not really a morning person but I've always been quick to wake up and be functional.  My husband takes about half an hour to get there.  I used to prefer going to the gym at 5:30 or 6am because then it'd be done for the day and I was always tired at night.

My kid is sucking the life out of my (in a loving way) and I'm more tired now than I ever used to be.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 1/15/2023 at 5:28 AM, marmalade said:

I certainly hope they're not limiting her to just fundie bullshit. 

Most (all?) Bates grandkids, plus Jeb and Judson, watch mainstream tv shows like Paw Patrol. 

Balkas and Websters definitely watch Disney movies and know the songs.

On 1/14/2023 at 11:12 PM, Granwych said:

During my work at a respite group home, one kid would come in with a bagful of videos.  He would usually play just one , “Baby Beluga,” until I was on my last nerve.  Another kid had parents who were bona fide fundies.   We had strict instructions to put him in his room away from any music that they had not approved,   I had bleeding ears at shifts end quite often, but I miss all the kids to this day.

Baby Beluga is still one of my favorites. The chords are comforting. I totally understand being driven crazy by it, but I don't blame the kid in the slightest for having an audio attachment to it and I still love listening to songs on repeat.

• I Agree 1

14 hours ago, ven said:

It would be very do able if you go to sleep at 8 or  , but  do people really go to bed that early ?? I can't imagine  that even as it is so far from my own reality.

This. 
Now, I do have anxiety and ADHD and both get worse the less sleep I've had, and both also make that I usually don't sleep well, which sucks. On weekdays I go to bed around 10 pm, and then waking up at 7:15 in the morning is already incredibly hard . But even when I've slept well, I just don't have the strength and stamina before 7 in the morning to work out. The earliest I've been able to work out was 6:45 in the morning last summer during a heatwave. But, that was on a day I didn't have to go to work, and I didn't do a lot during that day because of the heat.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, ven said:

I go to bed around 10.30-11.30 and usually wake up at 6.30. At weekends I usually stay up to 12 or 1 and wake up somewhere around 8, 9 depending on how late I stayed up. I know I shouldn’t stay up that late during the week, but it’s difficult. Going to bed doesn’t mean I fall asleep immediately cause there are distractions like teenagers wanting to stay up later/not coming home or cats that need to be fed or laundry that needs to be hanged or whatever.

• Upvote 1

You know what drives me nuts? On school days, I have to wake my kids up so they won’t be late for school and they are grouchy about it. Then on the weekends, the get up even earlier than on school days! And they wake me up and make me get up with them! Crazy kids. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know what drives me nuts? On school days, I have to wake my kids up so they won’t be late for school and they are grouchy about it. Then on the weekends, the get up even earlier than on school days! And they wake me up and make me get up with them! Crazy kids. 

The part about school days sounds familiar. But the older they’ve gotten the later they want to sleep on the weekends. And stay up late. Our kids are 15, 13 and almost 10. The 15-year old would easily sleep until 1 or even 2 in the afternoon if we’d let him.
Sometimes I wonder when people that have teenagers AND babies/toddlers have sex. Teenagers stay up late and small kids wake up early (usually). 

• Upvote 5

On 1/14/2023 at 6:24 PM, marmalade said:

Found it! 

I have to admit, I prefer this banger 

My cousins all sing this at each other when we’re mad😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, purple_summer said:

I have to admit, I prefer this banger 

My cousins all sing this at each other when we’re mad😂

That donut man Christian show was cringy as fuck. I’m glad you and your cousins can laugh about it. I guess that little donut puppet was kind of cute. But the rest of that show is cringe. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That donut man Christian show was cringy as fuck. I’m glad you and your cousins can laugh about it. I guess that little donut puppet was kind of cute. But the rest of that show is cringe. 

Cringe is better than traumatic. 
I saw the donut man live SEVERAL times as a kid. A lot of church environments push kids to grow up too early (I was in second grade when columbine happened and that’s when I first heard a “be ready to take bullets for Jesus” talk) so I appreciate the bits that let kids be kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

13 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

Cringe is better than traumatic. 
I saw the donut man live SEVERAL times as a kid. A lot of church environments push kids to grow up too early (I was in second grade when columbine happened and that’s when I first heard a “be ready to take bullets for Jesus” talk) so I appreciate the bits that let kids be kids. 

I was in high school when Columbine happened. I’m similar in age to the shooters. In my school far away from CO, were no longer allowed to wear back packs or trench coats. Everyone was afraid of copycat attacks. It sucked. 

• Sad 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic