IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

Josie said in her stories today that she had to recover physically and mentally from her high risk pregnancy with Hazel. She loves where they are at with their girls but she is starting to get a little bit of baby fever. She also said that she doesn't do Effortless Beauty at the BSB cash and carry because she is usually working weddings on Saturdays. She said that on her off Saturdays from work, she likes to have family days. I found that interesting because people like to pin Carlin and Josie against each other and I think it is seriously just more that they both own businesses and are busy. 

I also noticed how she said she was working on being so detail orientated or task orientated ( i think that is what she said) and taking time to just be with and enjoy her children. I took it to mean not such a perfectionist at the expense of her children. I do think her and Alyssa are similar same same personality but I like that Josie is aware of it and taking steps to address it. I can believe that some trauma of being raised in a 19 kid chaotic household may lead to some serious OCD tendencies which can have a serious impact on family life and mental health.  

• Upvote 9

Absolutely! I am sure that several of them have OCD cleaning routines now that they are outside the big house. I can't imagine growing up with that amount of STUFF and people everywhere! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, gobucks said:

Josie said in her stories today that she had to recover physically and mentally from her high risk pregnancy with Hazel. She loves where they are at with their girls but she is starting to get a little bit of baby fever. She also said that she doesn't do Effortless Beauty at the BSB cash and carry because she is usually working weddings on Saturdays. She said that on her off Saturdays from work, she likes to have family days. I found that interesting because people like to pin Carlin and Josie against each other and I think it is seriously just more that they both own businesses and are busy. 

I do think there was some frost there for awhile. Josie very, very rarely liked any of Zach/Whitney's or Carlin's posts on Insta and they rarely interacted. I do notice more likes, comments and Josie even went to Carlin's when Katie visited the last time.

However, I also do agree they're both very busy with their own children and lives, but, I doubt that's the first time that question was asked, especially as Michaela and even Lawson have been there to sell their wares.

I also don't think she carries as much inventory as the boutique. I went to her website once and a lot of her items were sold out. She also frequently mentions something is back in stock, so it may be she has very little sell off merchandise available too.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 2

In terms of mental health maintenance, we all control the areas of our lives that we find the easiest to control. Growing up in a likely very messy, loud zoo, it seems several of the Bates’ women have made their own homes quite organized and aesthetically pleasing to them. It makes sense to me. I’ve mentioned my own life and family experiences. My mom is very tall with large hands and feet. She has always hated those physical traits that she can not control, so she strictly controls her food intake and has always been very thin. I grew up in a house where the mom at home was always late and fairly disorganized. Late for everything. So I am very focused on never, ever being late or needing “reminders” about things. My own daughter, who is more like my mom, refers to me being “OCD.” I am far from being OCD, but to her, I am too focused on organization and preparation. My dad could be a combination of NASA engineer and neurosurgeon. He has a schematic for his outside Christmas lights that he rotates year to year. How he and my mom ever married and stayed married for nearly 70 years is a miracle -

• Upvote 10

• 4 weeks later...

I think Josie is pregnant. I am calling it right now. She has been getting sno cones multiple times a week and that is what she craved when she was pregnant with Hazel. 

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I think Josie is pregnant. I am calling it right now. She has been getting sno cones multiple times a week and that is what she craved when she was pregnant with Hazel. 

I think she is too. 

• Upvote 1

Hasn't she recently send her girls to ask Kelton for a sibling? 

I think she is pregnant too, maybe is still early but I think she will announce #3 soon 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, Smoochie said:

I do think there was some frost there for awhile. Josie very, very rarely liked any of Zach/Whitney's or Carlin's posts on Insta and they rarely interacted. I do notice more likes, comments and Josie even went to Carlin's when Katie visited the last time.

I think you are reading way, way too much in this.

Not liking an insta post? Too busy, too apathetic, didn't see it.

Rarely intereact? You mean rarely post pictures of them interacting on insta. There's the other 99.9% of their lives, when they could be interacting plenty. Unless you have a webcam following them around,we really dont' know if they interact or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...

They might have a "special announcement" 🤔? these are new 

Editing to add that the photographer posted these and not Josie

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_46pm.thumb.png.04c7a8921f210cfe2af2585edd211d96.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_35pm.thumb.png.76200776a45f4e04bee62c70af6ad928.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_26pm.thumb.png.a689b1cd27dd873e9c40f111533778d3.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_54pm.thumb.png.5bb6d1a4b043f5c43dd39ba89a19369e.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_02pm.thumb.png.4fefe03fc12c70931a2bf31226013dcf.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_15pm.thumb.png.7ca0285b86fb355c09c0fd8e3174cbfa.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_28pm.thumb.png.3ba531f172e9d4603bd09b0b57dbbb55.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_31pm.thumb.png.0c49bd0737d94901c94b694953d7b6d3.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_36pm.thumb.png.588b56b6bbbb3355db76cb0fa30bb058.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_42pm.thumb.png.d5e36792032ed829f48883e6d5c32f5c.png

Edited by Dbm
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

Josie did mention that when they were in Arizona they were going to have professional family photos taken. For a photogenic family, I don’t really find these very good.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Josie did mention that when they were in Arizona they were going to have professional family photos taken. For a photogenic family, I don’t really find these very good.

I can see what you mean, when I had a second look 

I can also see she will think they are amazing because she has the emotional attachment to them that we do not and I think that is the lenses I looked at them through the first glance 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Dbm said:

They might have a "special announcement" 🤔? these are new 

Editing to add that the photographer posted these and not Josie

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_46pm.thumb.png.04c7a8921f210cfe2af2585edd211d96.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_35pm.thumb.png.76200776a45f4e04bee62c70af6ad928.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_26pm.thumb.png.a689b1cd27dd873e9c40f111533778d3.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_54_54pm.thumb.png.5bb6d1a4b043f5c43dd39ba89a19369e.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_02pm.thumb.png.4fefe03fc12c70931a2bf31226013dcf.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_15pm.thumb.png.7ca0285b86fb355c09c0fd8e3174cbfa.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_28pm.thumb.png.3ba531f172e9d4603bd09b0b57dbbb55.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_31pm.thumb.png.0c49bd0737d94901c94b694953d7b6d3.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_36pm.thumb.png.588b56b6bbbb3355db76cb0fa30bb058.png

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-06-05at11_55_42pm.thumb.png.d5e36792032ed829f48883e6d5c32f5c.png

Sad beige kids.  Sad beige husband.  And then whatever velvet contraption Josie is wearing,

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

14 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Sad beige kids.  Sad beige husband.  And then whatever velvet contraption Josie is wearing,

I looked through the photographer instagram and it seems like she uses this theme a lot, in few years people will regret not adding any colours, like this beige trend is really really boring

• Upvote 6

The fundie trend of taking pics in evening wear in a field/around some rocks is even weirder when only the wife is dressed up and everyone else is in tshirts 😂

It seems like they really don’t get enough glamor in their lives. I wonder why they don’t get dressed up and go to the symphony or the opera or something. You’d think the fully clothed people, lack of a “back beat,” and old-timey romance would be right up their alley, but no. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

51 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

The fundie trend of taking pics in evening wear in a field/around some rocks is even weirder when only the wife is dressed up and everyone else is in tshirts 😂

It seems like they really don’t get enough glamor in their lives. I wonder why they don’t get dressed up and go to the symphony or the opera or something. You’d think the fully clothed people, lack of a “back beat,” and old-timey romance would be right up their alley, but no. 

I bet the Bates girls were especially jealous of their cousins and other acquaintances that got to go to homecoming and prom. Now they are living their homecoming picture dreams as a fundie influencer. 

• Upvote 7

The bottom of that velvet robe is covered with sandburrs now, isn't it?😃

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

To each their own, maybe it's a thing but I also find it weird. I think it's dumb to be dressed in formal wear in a field around rocks, but if you must, then all in the group should be dressed as such, or all should be dressed casually. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The bottom of that velvet robe is covered with sandburrs now, isn't it?😃

That's what I thought! I was out west in 2021 and the thought of trying to wear that contraption hurts my brain. I thought it was more challenging to navigate that type of terrain and when I went it was sooooo hot. The dirt, the potential for crawly things to get at your legs, the fabric dragging and tripping you. The dark color. I think SNL needs to make a skit of these types of photo shoots. 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

That's what I thought! I was out west in 2021 and the thought of trying to wear that contraption hurts my brain. I thought it was more challenging to navigate that type of terrain and when I went it was sooooo hot. The dirt, the potential for crawly things to get at your legs, the fabric dragging and tripping you. The dark color. I think SNL needs to make a skit of these types of photo shoots. 😂

All I could think of were rattlesnakes, who love to sun themselves on rocks like the ones they were climbing through.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 4

Josie will regret the way she dresses her children. Hazel's outfit is ill-fitting and she looks half dressed... She reminds me a depression era toddler, photographed with a movie star. Kelton and Willlow look like average dad and daughter (which is fine!).

I think that photoshot is unfortunate, nothing matches and Josie is so overdressed that gives selfish vibes.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

33 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Josie will regret the way she dresses her children. Hazel's outfit is ill-fitting and she looks half dressed... She reminds me a depression era toddler, photographed with a movie star. Kelton and Willlow look like average dad and daughter (which is fine!).

I think that photoshot is unfortunate, nothing matches and Josie is so overdressed that gives selfish vibes.

Reminds me of how Carlin used to dress Layla when Layla was younger.

• Upvote 5

I guess I kind of get the vibes... It's very trendy/country music, where the guy is understated and the girl is glam. The dark jeans are dressed up in a way that I don't know a cotton dress of the same length and color would compliment. It would make Josie look dowdy. I think the velvet dress works.

As for Hazel's attire... Yeah, that's a head scratcher, but it's mostly the length I'm having issues with -if it was knee length or so, I think it would be fine.

As for getting to the location... I assume that there's a parking lot nearby and they didn't have to walk very far.

Oh well. Most families have early "blunder years" pics like these... Even if these are made Extra by the fact that they flew across the country for them.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Reminds me of how Carlin used to dress Layla when Layla was younger.

Yes! That looks like a hand-me-down from Carlin's half-naked hippy baby collection. 

I was more perplexed by the fact that Josie and the two girls were all wearing sandals while wandering among the rocks. I could only hope the photographer was holding their athletic shoes and they changed into more practical footwear immediately after taking the pictures. 

In another context, I would like Josie's dress. But floor-length velvet? In Arizona? Among rocks and hilly terrain? She must have been covered with dust and dripping with sweat by the time they finished. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Yes! That looks like a hand-me-down from Carlin's half-naked hippy baby collection. 

I was more perplexed by the fact that Josie and the two girls were all wearing sandals while wandering among the rocks. I could only hope the photographer was holding their athletic shoes and they changed into more practical footwear immediately after taking the pictures. 

In another context, I would like Josie's dress. But floor-length velvet? In Arizona? Among rocks and hilly terrain? She must have been covered with dust and dripping with sweat by the time they finished. 

I love the green dress. But I would love it more indoors at a Christmas photo shoot in front of a fireplace. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic