IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

The impression was given that she flew there to provide support to Joy as one of her closest friends.  She did hair/makeup for the photos, but that's not actually why she went.  Don't get me wrong, I think they're all very shallow but I think her friendship with Joy is probably my favorite thing about both of them.  Pretty low bar.

• Upvote 8

52 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

The impression was given that she flew there to provide support to Joy as one of her closest friends.  She did hair/makeup for the photos, but that's not actually why she went.  Don't get me wrong, I think they're all very shallow but I think her friendship with Joy is probably my favorite thing about both of them.  Pretty low bar.

Yes very low bar but I give Carlin kudos for this too, it was a lovely thing for her do and they are both very "blessed" (why have fundies ruined that word for me?) that Carlin was in the financial and time wise position to be able to do it. It was one of the last times I really saw Joy lean on Jill too. I remember there was quite a touching photo of Jill leaning over the baby tending to her. Sad time, makes me teary thinking about the agony people in that position go through. 

• Upvote 10

I think Carlin and Joy can relate. Though they live far away and have different interests, they both grew up very similarly. They were right in the middle of a huge family with 18 siblings. They were both in the same cult and had the same strict rules. They were both likely lost in the shuffle a lot. I get why they are friends and I’m glad they have someone who understands.

• I Agree 5

Ok I just realized Joy and Carlin are both number 9 in their family. Which is smack dab in the middle. Born 6 months apart. So yeah, they probably understand each other like no one else 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I just realized Joy and Carlin are both number 9 in their family. Which is smack dab in the middle. Born 6 months apart. So yeah, they probably understand each other like no one else 

The former math teacher in me can’t let this go. #10 is the one in the middle of 19 kids, not #9.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The former math teacher in me can’t let this go. #10 is the one in the middle of 19 kids, not #9.

If you want to get that technical, there is no child smack dab in the the middle of the Duggar family since 10 and 11 came into the family at the same time. They went from 9 kids to 11 in one day.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you want to get that technical, there is no child smack dab in the the middle of the Duggar family since 10 and 11 came into the family at the same time. They went from 9 kids to 11 in one day.

I’m betting either Jed or Jer, whoever was born first, pulled rank as older brother many times during their childhood!

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone check trace's video at 8:15 what did you hear Kelly say to Josie ?

I might be wrong and It might be her accent, but I heard her say " love you sweetie, we have one more baby coming" 😅

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Dbm said:

I might be wrong and It might be her accent, but I heard her say " love you sweetie, we have one more baby coming" 😅

It does kinda sound like that. She is also napping, both Lydia and Erin were caught napping in videos before they announced. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Dbm said:

Ugh, 3 children aren't enough for Josie?

4 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Ugh, 3 children aren't enough for Josie?

Josie only has two kids. I think wanting 3 or 4 is pretty normal. I don't see the Balka's having more than 4. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

49 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Josie only has two kids. I think wanting 3 or 4 is pretty normal. I don't see the Balka's having more than 4. 

Pretty “normal” for fundies, maybe. By most people’s (western, developed world’s standards, 3-4 is a large family. Even more so when we are talking about a woman under 25.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Pretty “normal” for fundies, maybe. By most people’s (western, developed world’s standards, 3-4 is a large family. Even more so when we are talking about a woman under 25.

Under 25 yes, but as I have said before almost everyone I know has 3 or 4 kids. The friends with only two are the rarity. Even growing up all my friends came from 3 kid families and so did all my cousins. 5+ kids is when I start questioning it. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Under 25 yes, but as I have said before almost everyone I know has 3 or 4 kids. The friends with only two are the rarity. Even growing up all my friends came from 3 kid families and so did all my cousins. 5+ kids is when I start questioning it. 

I don't think your friend group is typical for Canada though. Our fertility rate is 1.4 children/woman. (This includes women with no children.)

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
lookup stat
  • Upvote 7

Ohhh.... my statistics-loving mind is enjoying this! 

Just mentally went through my friend and family.... 3-4 or none for my group. German average is 1.3 I think.... 

• Upvote 1

I find the number of kids families has to be very regional. Currently live in the Southwestern US, and almost all our neighbors and coworkers have 3-5 kids. Quite a few families with 7+ too, but only one that we know personally. When we lived in the Northeast, 1-3 was far more common, as well as more childless couples. I grew up in California (Bay Area), and in my family, most of my aunts/uncles/cousins have/had larger families of 3-4 kids, but most of the people I went to high school with have 1 or 2. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I don't think your friend group is typical for Canada though. Our fertility rate is 1.4 children/woman. (This includes women with no children.)

I am sure there are definite factors. I imagine location factors in. I live in and grew up in a semi-rural area (town surrounded by farms) about 2 hours from Toronto. The area is definitely middle/upper middle class. I was an only child and it was incredibly unusual.  

I feel like in the city, there are smaller families. That location and income factor in. But I don't think 3 kids could ever be considered unusual. 

But I also know more childfree women than ones with one or two kids 😂, so I think that definitely impacts numbers. 

I asked my kids and they said "2 or 3 kids is normal and 5 is a lot". But they also go to a catholic school, so that may also skew towards the larger family sizes (I did not gtoeq up catholic). 

• Upvote 2

2 kids per family is super common where I live. I’m urban not rural. So many families have 2 kids. But there are also some that have 1, 3, or 4. But if I looked at the orthodox Jewish folks, their families are more like 3-5 kids average. I guess it mostly depends on religion/culture/SES. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Sorry, I was including Kelton lol. I should have been clearer.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

27 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

That is understandable! Those fundie Men never really grow up, do they? 

• I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

2 kids per family is super common where I live. I’m urban not rural. So many families have 2 kids. But there are also some that have 1, 3, or 4. But if I looked at the orthodox Jewish folks, their families are more like 3-5 kids average. I guess it mostly depends on religion/culture/SES. 

I do think space and religion play a big role. Where we live now there are a lot of Mormon and Catholic families and a lot of really big home (3,500 sqft and bigger). We live smack in the middle of suburbia and while my husband works in an urban area almost all his coworkers live near us. 

• Upvote 4

Josie posted a TikTok video about her hormonal acne, she got her IUD taken out, and she also mentioned that she didn't want to take medication and preferred topical medications, so there is a chance that we heard Kelly correctly 😂😅

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Kiki03910 said:

Oh I knew exactly what you were saying 😜

• Haha 2

Aside from his political views and gross thoughts on his daughters’ “purity,” I don’t find Kelton to be a bad fundie spouse. He is the one Bates son or son-in-law who runs his own legitimate business and appears to go to work regular daily hours (although with plenty of vacation time). He encourages Josie in her business ventures that seem to require that he steps up with childcare. When he was choosing a hobby, he was deciding between golf and cooking. He chose cooking because he knew that would be really helpful to their family. For the most part, the Bates sons seem super lazy compared to Kelton.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic