IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

On 6/26/2022 at 6:00 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

BEC: I can't believe for all that money she couldn't find a better place to shop than Ms. Renee's. I'm also not impressed with the dress, but maybe it looks better when she stands up. The dress looks busy, and hot. 

I'm being petty. Usually I try not to snark too much on clothes, but these people have so much money and advantages to a lot of the fundies we normally follow. 

Can you post a pic please or point me to It?

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My parents put more into me that I will probably ever give back, although we have a very close relationship.  I intend to put a lot into raising my daughter with no expectation of return.  I hope we're lucky enough to one day enjoy a similar relationship to the one I have with my parents and my husband has with his, but nothing material.

Lovely, just lovely 😊 

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Can you post a pic please or point me to It?

I was going off the picture Jermajesty posted. It looks like a winter dress.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Thank You 1

I agree that maybe I would like Olivia’s dress better if it had been a winter wedding. The material does look heavy. And the sparkle would look good in snow pictures. But she got married in very hot weather and some of the reception was outdoors. I bet she was really hot in that heavy dress. I think I also would have liked the sleeves slightly longer or slightly shorter. 

• Upvote 1

Any James chicky babe courting speculation from this pic? I don’t know the family dynamics well enough to know if there is an eligible maiden amongst them… 20172019-39A3-4054-AB91-AA7E6455A120.thumb.png.9f65e35bba2cf21e9b4c9e5ec555c300.png

• Thank You 2

On 7/7/2022 at 7:42 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Any James chicky babe courting speculation from this pic? I don’t know the family dynamics well enough to know if there is an eligible maiden amongst them… 20172019-39A3-4054-AB91-AA7E6455A120.thumb.png.9f65e35bba2cf21e9b4c9e5ec555c300.png

That's one of the Andregg girls.  I think someone said Kiersten? If the AMA over on Duggar Snark is accurate, the girl that knew Madyson's name and announced Lauren's pregnancy, said the Andregg girls have been trying to snag a Duggar male for a long time.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

I always kind of figured one of the Duggar boys would court an Andregg girl since they families seem to hang out together a lot. 

• Upvote 3

It amazes me the freedoms the Howlers are getting compared to their older brothers - John, Joe and Josiah.  Those 3 kept a low profile and were always officially working or with the family.  You would never have seen them on jollies with a mixed sex group and no adults.  And even worse, the freedom they are getting compared to Jana now.  Jana posts pretty pics of her in her garden or doing family related construction projects or on visits to family or at weddings.  Not on jollies, like the Howlers.

I'm not just referencing this pic, I'm also referencing the shirtless boat pic and various treehouse pics and other pics coming from these boys.

I'd be shocked if we saw Hannie and Jenny start to join with these sort of pics in the next couple of years when they reach Howlers current ages.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

As far as TV goes, the Duggars are a busted flush, so there’s no need to curate an image anymore. Also, there wasn’t as much social media when the oldest kids were that age, so they may have done stuff, people just didn’t know about it.  
A lot of what they built their brand on appears to be undermined by the older kids- Jill and Joy both speak of ‘dating’ their respective spouses whereas the Duggars always claimed their kids didn’t date. They also claim to have watched TV.

I hope the younger daughters do get some freedoms- they deserve something for putting up with this shit show all their lives.

• Upvote 15

I’ve been a member here for a few year and have heard mention of but never learned about the Howlers. Are they they same as the Lost Boys? Where’s the cut-off line between not-Howlers and Howlers? How did the Howler description come about? Anything else about em I should know?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Cam said:

I’ve been a member here for a few year and have heard mention of but never learned about the Howlers. Are they they same as the Lost Boys? Where’s the cut-off line between not-Howlers and Howlers? How did the Howler description come about? Anything else about em I should know?

In my entirely non-official capacity - here is my recollection of Howler lore:

* Howler refers to Howler monkeys because they ran around like a mass of chaotic screaming monkeys. I believe generally they were initially broken down into Howlers ( boys) and the little girls were called the Lost Girls. Not sure when/how Lost Boys came about. 
* I think initially the cut-off with Howlers included all the boys except Josh and JD . When they were all little and Joy was a girl Howler squeezed in with a pack of brothers. As they got older people seemed to move the cut-off to the twins and younger.  Joy got quite awkwardly moved up to “big girl/sister helper” status. Jackson was always grouped in with the little girls by the family, so not quite a howler. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

In my entirely non-official capacity - here is my recollection of Howler lore:

* Howler refers to Howler monkeys because they ran around like a mass of chaotic screaming monkeys. I believe generally they were initially broken down into Howlers ( boys) and the little girls were called the Lost Girls. Not sure when/how Lost Boys came about. 
* I think initially the cut-off with Howlers included all the boys except Josh and JD . When they were all little and Joy was a girl Howler squeezed in with a pack of brothers. As they got older people seemed to move the cut-off to the twins and younger.  Joy got quite awkwardly moved up to “big girl/sister helper” status. Jackson was always grouped in with the little girls by the family, so not quite a howler. 

Thanks so much for the informative explanation! I had no clue Howler was a type of monkey. A quick google says their scream makes them the loudest land animal. 

About your mention of Joy being moved up to being one of the big girls, it always seemed an odd maneuver to me. I still don’t see her as truly belonging to the “original” group of four big sisters. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Cam said:

Thanks so much for the informative explanation! I had no clue Howler was a type of monkey. A quick google says their scream makes them the loudest land animal. 

About your mention of Joy being moved up to being one of the big girls, it always seemed an odd maneuver to me. I still don’t see her as truly belonging to the “original” group of four big sisters. 

SO awkward. She clearly wasn’t suited to it. They even had episodes where they were trying to get poor tomboy Joy to act more feminine, with her big sisters sighing over how tough a job that was. At the same time butching up Josiah. They were the cutest little kid friends.  That’s always made me so sad about the Duggar’s - they seem to genuinely let pre-puberty kids have as much play and personality freedom as your typical family (honestly, more than many! ) boys play with kitchen stuff, the girls all learn construction. Jackson played mostly with the girls etc —- but then puberty comes and they just slam them into stereotyped gender boxes . 
Although I sure didn’t think Joy would marry so young, I’m glad she has a husband who shares her outdoorsy interests, and seems to appreciate her being herself. 

• Upvote 9

Does anyone know what Jackson does for work? I know he just finished up Alert but was curious if anyone had seen/heard what he did for work 

49 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Does anyone know what Jackson does for work? I know he just finished up Alert but was curious if anyone had seen/heard what he did for work 

Jackson just turned 18. I think I’ve seen a photo or video of him on a riding mower, but I’m not sure if he was just working on family property or out on a job. Jason and James seem to have their own construction businesses and could probably use Jackson as an employee.

Jackson has been working with Jason and James for quite a few months. He worked on Jessa’s house at the beginning stages. 

Just now, Guanabana said:

Jackson has been working with Jason and James for quite a few months. He worked on Jessa’s house at the beginning stages. 

Mods please delete the comment above. I didn’t realize we were talking about photo bomb Jackson, not band boy Jackson Bates. 

• Haha 2

Mods don't delete comments unless they're something majorly egregious.  I think your correction is fine, and given the list of approved jobs for this crew it'll probably be true if we wait a while anyway.

Incidentally, I loved guanabana when I visited Ecuador in 2010.  I'd never heard of it before and had since forgotten it, but it was delicious!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• 3 weeks later...

The EAA Airventure fly-in was this week. I wonder if any Duggars went this year? They've gone in the past, but maybe they decided to lay low in light of Josh's conviction?

But maybe they didn't. It's not like one of them's a pilot, after all...

• Upvote 4

I think the only Duggars that should be laying low are Michelle, Jim Bob, Josh, and to a lesser extent Anna. None of the rest of them did anything wrong.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I think the only Duggars that should be laying low are Michelle, Jim Bob, Josh, and to a lesser extent Anna. None of the rest of them did anything wrong.

well, maybe whichever howler it was who gave the thumbs-up sign outside court

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

The EAA Airventure fly-in was this week. I wonder if any Duggars went this year? They've gone in the past, but maybe they decided to lay low in light of Josh's conviction?

But maybe they didn't. It's not like one of them's a pilot, after all...

Is that the air show in Wisconsin? Michelle was spotted a couple of days ago (as recently as Friday) in St. Louis. I didn't see any other family members with her. 

I’ve heard howler monkeys through a YouTube video (no footage). Notice that the caption says that they woke up to this noise. I’d be bloody terrified if I heard this noise at 4:30am!!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Is that the air show in Wisconsin? Michelle was spotted a couple of days ago (as recently as Friday) in St. Louis. I didn't see any other family members with her. 

Maybe she's in STL to help clean up after the flooding🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, patsymae said:

Agreed!

16 hours ago, patsymae said:

That was Justin I believe. 

• I Agree 1

On 7/31/2022 at 2:06 PM, mango_fandango said:

That was Justin I believe.