IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

Just like with everything that even mentions Morgan Freeman I hear it in his voice. There’s a meme about this too. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

This was the ad I just got on this thread. No prison ministry for me, thanks!

Screenshot_20220524-195246_Chrome.jpg

Aw, we're not going to see you on the next season of Love During Lockup or Love After Lockup?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

I did a screen cap of Jason statement about josh’s sentencing. It was buried in his Instagram stories.

Spoiler

0B2826DB-4AD1-4D80-BD5E-5C7D93693D77.thumb.png.218827234be8b727588084b6c6edd691.png

• Thank You 4

1 hour ago, moreorlessnu said:

The word "encourage" is ruined for me.

Same with me. I heard it on an old episode of a TV show I was watching & I cringed. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, moreorlessnu said:

The word "encourage" is ruined for me.

I felt this about a variety of words Anna & Michelle used in their letters. They’re so out of touch with “the world” that they don’t comprehend how “off” certain phrases are to non-fundies. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

I did a screen cap of Jason statement about josh’s sentencing. It was buried in his Instagram stories.

Hide contents

0B2826DB-4AD1-4D80-BD5E-5C7D93693D77.thumb.png.218827234be8b727588084b6c6edd691.png

I think it’s a really good statement. I believe he’s the brother who shared Jeremy’s statement after the guilty verdict, which has a very similar feel ( minus the loving Josh part) . Some people seem to be making a lot of him saying he still loves Josh, but for all we know they had some kind of good relationship - maybe that’s the brother who taught him to ride a bike, or always brought him his favorite snacks, or told him jokes, or something. Family feelings can be a big mixture - even in horrible circumstances. 
The distance/disappointing  God thing seems to be a really big deal and harsh condemnation in their belief system. So good for him for going there. And as someone somewhere pointed out - he almost certainly meant “maximum” not “median” - which makes a lot more sense.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Some people seem to be making a lot of him saying he still loves Josh, but for all we know they had some kind of good relationship - maybe that’s the brother who taught him to ride a bike, or always brought him his favorite snacks, or told him jokes, or something.

My oldest and youngest get along like oil and vinegar. Quite literally they can't stand the sight of each other (there's a lot of baggage behind that). However, both will say they love their sibling. It is possible to love someone and not condone their actions or literally can't stand the sight of them. It doesn't mean you want anything bad to happen to them, you just discovered they're a toxic person and having a relationship with them is impossible. (I feel this way about my parents and some other family members)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

I'm impressed by Jason's statement considering he's single and the J-boys seem to be under Jim Bob's headship until marriage. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My oldest and youngest get along like oil and vinegar. Quite literally they can't stand the sight of each other (there's a lot of baggage behind that). However, both will say they love their sibling. It is possible to love someone and not condone their actions or literally can't stand the sight of them. It doesn't mean you want anything bad to happen to them, you just discovered they're a toxic person and having a relationship with them is impossible. (I feel this way about my parents and some other family members)

"I love you but I don't like you."

Can't stand my grandma, but would literally drive five hours at 2am if there was an emergency. It almost happened a few years ago, but she insisted that she would be served better if I had a full night's sleep. Got the full night's sleep, called out of work, and then caravanned with my parents so we would have two cars available.

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
riffles
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Just now, CaptainFunderpants said:

Can't stand my grandma, but would literally drive five hours at 2am if there was an emergency. It almost happened a few years ago, but she insisted that she would be served better if I had a full night's sleep. Got the full night's sleep, called out of work, and then caravanned with my parents tso we would have two cars available.

Precisely. I can't stand the sight of my MIL. She lied, connived, tried to break up my marriage with lies and spread all kinds of bullshit. Last time I saw her was at the funeral. Do I want to see her again? Hell no. Would I take off to VA if something horrible happened? Probably. Tolerated my mother's existence on the same planet I was on, Took care of her for 7 years. Was she a lying, conniving, bitter, self-pitying bitch? Oh yeah. BUT...she was my mother and at some level I felt I had a responsibility towards her. Was I crushed when she died? Nope. Celebrated my freedom from her. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 15

I’m glad Hannie and Jenny got out of the house for awhile. But damn. The Bontragers are so awful. They are not only fundie as hell, but they are conspiracy theory believers. They suck and it’s sad that Hannie seems to be best friends with Liz. I just wish Hannie could find a friend from another family. She’s going to end up marrying into the Bowers or Bontragers. I just know it. 

07C4BA59-DEF9-49D9-B38C-E38A6348457F.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m glad Hannie and Jenny got out of the house for awhile. But damn. The Bontragers are so awful. They are not only fundie as hell, but they are conspiracy theory believers. They suck and it’s sad that Hannie seems to be best friends with Liz. I just wish Hannie could find a friend from another family. She’s going to end up marrying into the Bowers or Bontragers. I just know it. 

07C4BA59-DEF9-49D9-B38C-E38A6348457F.jpeg

I see Lauren Caldwell (Kendra's sister) is also there. She might end up with Bowers/Bontrager. Not too many Bontragers left. 

• Upvote 2

When I see pictures like this now, all I can think of is the weight of religious trauma and abuse recovery down the road for those lucky enough to get out. :tw_heartbreak:

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I see Lauren Caldwell (Kendra's sister) is also there. She might end up with Bowers/Bontrager. Not too many Bontragers left. 

Lincoln Taylor is single. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lincoln Taylor is single. 

As far as we know. He might be getting to know someone.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

As far as we know. He might be getting to know someone.

Unmarried then.

• Upvote 1

I don't think they are intimidated at all. I think they don't want to make a statement because people will judge them and find them wanting...a lot. That said, they'll have to say something eventually, and it will just be more of the usual "gone astray...blah blah blah...forgiveness...blah blah blah....support Anna and the grandchildren...blah blah blah. In other words, nothing of any substance, or admission of Josh's wrongdoings.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

14 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Can't stand my grandma, but would literally drive five hours at 2am if there was an emergency. It almost happened a few years ago, but she insisted that she would be served better if I had a full night's sleep. Got the full night's sleep, called out of work, and then caravanned with my parents so we would have two cars available.

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Precisely. I can't stand the sight of my MIL. She lied, connived, tried to break up my marriage with lies and spread all kinds of bullshit. Last time I saw her was at the funeral. Do I want to see her again? Hell no. Would I take off to VA if something horrible happened? Probably. Tolerated my mother's existence on the same planet I was on, Took care of her for 7 years. Was she a lying, conniving, bitter, self-pitying bitch? Oh yeah. BUT...she was my mother and at some level I felt I had a responsibility towards her. Was I crushed when she died? Nope. Celebrated my freedom from her. 

You two are nicer than me. Once I’m done with someone I am done. I haven’t talked to my dad in years. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 10

Can anyone point out some famous fundies in the photo? I’m curious and not good at fundie spotting haha. The only one I think I recognize is Jenni Duggar in the red dress, fourth from the left, bottom row. Is it Jordyn immediately behind her? 

5 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Can anyone point out some famous fundies in the photo? I’m curious and not good at fundie spotting haha. The only one I think I recognize is Jenni Duggar in the red dress, fourth from the left, bottom row. Is it Jordyn immediately behind her? 

Ok I circled them. On the far left are two of Praises sisters. One is Susannah who is single and the other is a married sister who brought her daughter. Both of the oldest Helferich sisters married Hardy Boys. Lol. Then the two I circled in the left center are Hannie and Jenny. Hannie is making a funny face. Down in front is Allison and right in the middle is Lauren Caldwell. On the right is Praise Bontrager. 

9986F574-6980-410D-962D-90FED72C6B39.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 26

• Coconut Flan locked this topic