Jump to content
IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all


HerNameIsBuffy

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

 

Probably was turkey bacon. And now I want some

Mmmmmm we are making bacon cheeseburgers on the grill this weekend along with corn on the cob. We don't have it often but when we do we are alllll about it 😍 

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back when I was young and didn't mind eating a heart attack on a plate, a friend and I would eat something we called "death bagels". Toasted bagel halves topped with a layer of cream cheese, bacon, and a slice of cheddar which was then toasted again under the broiler to melt the cheddar. We used turkey bacon though, so it was totally healthy. 😄

  • Haha 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Mmmmmm we are making bacon cheeseburgers on the grill this weekend along with corn on the cob. We don't have it often but when we do we are alllll about it 😍 

A few weeks ago I made burgers with cheese on the inside topped with bacon, bbq, and an over easy egg. A-m-a-z-i-n-g! 

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Mmmmmm we are making bacon cheeseburgers on the grill this weekend along with corn on the cob. We don't have it often but when we do we are alllll about it 😍 

😋 I’ll be right over. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder why they didn't eat pork but were perfectly fine eating a cheeseburger. Definitely cherry picking rules or making up shit for a storyline. Both are equally plausible.  

The Religion for Breakfast podcast has a very interesting video about the reasoning behind the religious bans on pork. Highly recommend it.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My family did the "no pork" thing for a while. There was a reason given, something about certain laws from the OT still being relevant into the NT for some reason, but not other laws. Why "no pork" was one of these laws, I don't know. I wasn't paying too much attention. But I did discover my love for turkey bacon during these trying times. I actually prefer turkey bacon to regular pork bacon. And it's true that pork has its own set of problems related to human health and such (same as beef and other red meat though tbh). But as for religious stuff, idk. My family went back to eating normal bacon btw, that phase didn't last long. 😅

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2022 at 8:26 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They all have those coffee shirts on. I’m betting someone they know works there and that’s why they are all wearing them. 

I’ve realized Hannah Millsap works at this coffee place. So that must be who they know from the coffee shop and who they got the tees from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imo, the Rise and Grind logo is intentionally meant to have a sexual meaning. And the 

On 8/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, xenobia said:

James and Jason are in Silver Dollar City (screenshot from James' public instagram story). So who are the two girls next to James? I would guess not just random people...

0ACE5B26-93C6-42DC-88DF-909F647D6FED_1_201_a.jpeg

Imo, the Rise and Grind logo is intentionally being used as subtle, attention-getting marketing to suggest both a sexual innuendo and/or the innocent activity of grinding coffee beans in the morning. It’s cute. I think the married Duggar couple here very well grasps the connotations and are happy to advertise for their friend’s coffee shop while knowing the logo can be taken two different ways . That they are wearing the shirts makes me think maybe they are actually enjoying a sexual relationship with each other and if so, good for them. They look very comfortable with each other in this photo. I have such a big problem with Ester being married to Nathan Bates that I cannot honestly think she’s wearing the shirt for the same reason and Nathan looks clueless, too, or he’d probably not permit her to be such a brazen hussy wearing such words on her chest.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, meep said:

My family did the "no pork" thing for a while. There was a reason given, something about certain laws from the OT still being relevant into the NT for some reason, but not other laws. Why "no pork" was one of these laws, I don't know. I wasn't paying too much attention. But I did discover my love for turkey bacon during these trying times. I actually prefer turkey bacon to regular pork bacon. And it's true that pork has its own set of problems related to human health and such (same as beef and other red meat though tbh). But as for religious stuff, idk. My family went back to eating normal bacon btw, that phase didn't last long. 😅

Two of my SILs come from Jewish families.  Neither family is very observant and you won't be prying their ham, sausage, and bacon away from them anytime soon.   I think the kosher kitchen (two of almost everything) and the pork prohibition are among the first things to go.  One grandpa was observant and insisted on following almost all "the rules."  As soon as he passed, less and less has been followed beginning with the kosher rules.  Cheeseburgers all around these days although they still want kosher hot dogs.  That one is a taste thing.  

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

 [...] they still want kosher hot dogs.  That one is a taste thing.  

I don't blame them! I love kosher hot dogs (and I don't keep kosher).

Funny story: a former colleague came to visit with her husband while my parents were also visiting. My parents eat everything but I could not remember if my friend and/or her husband kept kosher. I remembered she told me she did not eat seafood (turns out she is allergic) and that her husband comes from a conservative/religious family, and their wedding was definitely conservative, so I just assumed. We served a  variety of kosher-friendly foods only and everyone was happy. At some point, we were talking about random stuff, and my dad mentions chorizo. Friend and her husband both perk up and go: "we looooove chorizo!!!". Wait, what? :shocked:

Out comes the pork. Guess who ate all the chorizo? And the jamon serrano, and the prosciutto, and the salami... 

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2022 at 6:32 AM, Knight of Ni said:

I wonder why they didn't eat pork but were perfectly fine eating a cheeseburger. Definitely cherry picking rules or making up shit for a storyline. Both are equally plausible.  

The Religion for Breakfast podcast has a very interesting video about the reasoning behind the religious bans on pork. Highly recommend it.

Being raised and living in the land of non-religious crunchy —- turkey ham, turkey bacon etc are/were all really popular. I don’t like ground Turkey or turkey bacon, but the turkey ham is really good. 
 

I think “Rise and Grind” isn’t a sexual innuendo - the double meaning is that grind means both grinding coffee and getting to work. Like the coffee gives you energy to get back to the grind of your job. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I don't blame them! I love kosher hot dogs (and I don't keep kosher).

I eat beef hot dogs only because pork hot dogs taste like plastic to me. I feel like that only pork thing I like is when it's in a stew or something BBQ. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think “Rise and Grind” isn’t a sexual innuendo - the double meaning is that grind means both grinding coffee and getting to work. Like the coffee gives you energy to get back to the grind of your job. 

“Rise and Grind” can take on numerous connotations, and one of them is definitely a sexual one, no doubt about that. Since “rise and grind” is a play on the perky “rise and shine” expression, I think it’s meant as more of a pleasure seeking suggestion rather than conjuring up the daily grind of work.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cam said:

“Rise and Grind” can take on numerous connotations, and one of them is definitely a sexual one, no doubt about that. Since “rise and grind” is a play on the perky “rise and shine” expression, I think it’s meant as more of a pleasure seeking suggestion rather than conjuring up the daily grind of work.

Nah, I think it's Rise & Grind because these people are the type to regard an enjoyment of/dependence on coffee to be a defining personality trait. Wake up, make coffee. Grind in order to shine?

I don't think they'd regard it as acceptable to wear a sexual innuendo on a shirt, whatever JB chooses to do in broad daylight on a mini-golf course.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think majority of them wouldn’t even realize the dirty innuendo. 

  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, viii said:

I think majority of them wouldn’t even realize the dirty innuendo. 

Just like the pickles in the mouth pictures. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just like the pickles in the mouth pictures. 

I love it when fundamentalists are unintentionally funny.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They might not be courting now, but I wouldn’t rule it out in the future. 

E4545C68-D578-4525-BDD1-E025CD97F248.jpeg

  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They might not be courting now, but I wouldn’t rule it out in the future. 

E4545C68-D578-4525-BDD1-E025CD97F248.jpeg

Sigh, remember when that child wanted to be a doctor?

  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure they'll magically be in a courtship once she's 18 because "God called them together". Makes me sad I remember when Johanna was born. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I'm sure they'll magically be in a courtship once she's 18 because "God called them together". Makes me sad I remember when Johanna was born. 

She will be 17 in October so they will have to wait another year. But now that the Duggars aren’t on tv anymore and haven’t launched into real social media success, I’m wondering if they won’t bother keeping a courtship under wraps until Johannah is 18.  I could see them just not caring to hide it now that they have no show. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, Claire just jumped to #3 on my most hated Duggar list  after Josh and Jimbob 😒 Very gross. 

8429752A-6EA0-4592-B4D6-40EFA44288E7.png

  • Angry 4
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Ugh, Claire just jumped to #3 on my most hated Duggar list  after Josh and Jimbob 😒 Very gross. 

8429752A-6EA0-4592-B4D6-40EFA44288E7.png

Laughing about people being shot and murdered. Yea way to be pro life.  

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 8:45 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Sigh, remember when that child wanted to be a doctor?

Sadly, seems to make it almost  a guarantee she’ll be married off while a teen.   Look at incorrigible Tomboy Joy, or rumored to have been chronically unhappy Justin, or the extremely young failed courtship of not-quite manly enough Josiah.  I doubt they’ll wait until she’s 18 for an official courtship, they didn’t with Justin, and they still had the show. They definitely seem to want to get the “trouble makers” out of the house early.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.