IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just hope he doesn’t get married anytime soon. 

I think JB is desperately trying to marry him off and get his bad influence further from the house than the treehouse.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, imokit said:

I think JB is desperately trying to marry him off and get his bad influence further from the house than the treehouse.

So is he really living in the treehouse? I’ve seen that mentioned a couple of times but missed the  incident itself. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

So is he really living in the treehouse? I’ve seen that mentioned a couple of times but missed the  incident itself. 

So he posted a video showing that he made the treehouse into a living space. However there’s no running water or toilet. So he will have to go back to the house plenty to go to the bathroom or cook. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So he posted a video showing that he made the treehouse into a living space. However there’s no running water or toilet. So he will have to go back to the house plenty to go to the bathroom or cook. 

That’s horrible and sadly the tree house is probably his only option from a financial perspective. Minimum wage in Arkansas is $11 an hour. If he works 40 hours a week that’s $22,880 per year. Assuming he spends only the recommended 30% of his income on housing that means his monthly housing budget is $572. I don’t think housing for that amount exists anywhere in America. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That’s horrible and sadly the tree house is probably his only option from a financial perspective. Minimum wage in Arkansas is $11 an hour. If he works 40 hours a week that’s $22,880 per year. Assuming he spends only the recommended 30% of his income on housing that means his monthly housing budget is $572. I don’t think housing for that amount exists anywhere in America. 

So I checked, and he could almost get a room in an apartment or house for that amount of money. Not a great situation, but if he wanted out, he could. 

51 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

So I checked, and he could almost get a room in an apartment or house for that amount of money. Not a great situation, but if he wanted out, he could. 

It kind of surprises me none of the Duggar siblings move out of their parents’ house and in with one of their married siblings. Do fundies frown on that? It’s a common occurrence for young adults to transition away from the parents’ but before getting married. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I had hoped he could live with Jill or Joy or Jinger if he wants that big city life. 

The thing is, that house is so huge. And not that many people live in it anymore. I can’t imagine it’s that hoard to find a private space in that house. Who is in grandma Mary’s old room? One of the single adult children should probably have it. Like Jana or Jason.

• I Agree 4

Here is Jason singing his dad’s praises for Father’s Day. 3DF872A4-E1A0-4705-9905-5B6D1D134E0C.thumb.png.5be41ae530595f55bd36f80ae192199e.png

• Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

Does he have a napkin bib situation going on? What are they eating that requires that?

Edited by neuroticcat
Sent too early
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Worthwhile interviews with survivors of SAHD movement re: Voddie Baucham’s SBC candidacy (he was not elected to whatever position he wanted. Will cross post in his thread but also here b/c it spotlights the horrific nature of the reality the Duggar daughters experienced: https://rlstollar.com/2022/06/15/how-voddie-bauchams-teachings-cause-long-term-damage-collected-interviews/?amp=1

• Thank You 5

On 6/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

actually help out with household chores.

And not just by sweeping crackers!

• Haha 7

On 6/19/2022 at 11:55 PM, neuroticcat said:

Does he have a napkin bib situation going on? What are they eating that requires that?

It was a homemade smash cake that said 'Hey Hey Hey!' Across the top.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Why not just ‘sex, sex,sex!’ ? 
 But sure, us heathens are perverts 🤬

(For the lucky few who don’t know ‘hey, hey, hey!’ is what he says to Michelle when he is in the mood) 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 3

On 6/20/2022 at 2:55 AM, neuroticcat said:

If they were in New England I'd definitely guess lobster, or any shellfish for that matter.  Lobster bibs are necessary when breaking shellfish apart for consumption as it can get messy.    

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2022 at 2:35 AM, Mrs Ms said:

Why not just ‘sex, sex,sex!’ ? 
 But sure, us heathens are perverts 🤬

(For the lucky few who don’t know ‘hey, hey, hey!’ is what he says to Michelle when he is in the mood) 

Thanks for the info. I think 🤣

Edited by DottyC
Nope. Still can't multitask.
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DottyC said:

Thanks for the info. I think 🤣

I am horrified that we have this info. Shared via their “ministry” tv show. I don’t know this info about ANYBODY in my life. Even the ones who share a lot about their sex life. 

JB and Michelle Duggar, classy as always!!

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 11

I would wager that a few of the siblings are going out of their way to be nice to JB and Michelle because they want to clearly separate their feelings towards Josh from their feelings towards their parents.  Especially if they are feeling defensive /protective of all the public condemnation they’ve gotten. Others ( or their spouses) seem to be trying to minimize public contact - and maybe private as well.  It would be such a complicated messy batch of feelings for any family. Then you throw in how public it all is, how they now have their lives and views of them always linked to “former reality star with a convicted pedo brother” the extremist religious beliefs, and just the sheer number of varying personalities and interrelationships….

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 13

Yeah I think “honor your parents” has probably been a top down decree. To them it probably includes publicly praising them. Saw this floating about onTwitter, and it reveals the kind of nightmarish emotional abuse that comes with fundamentalism: 💔🤮003936DB-1E5C-4B40-9D7D-98ACB3D9FF22.thumb.jpeg.491980e9f4921598f6e9e26854082fa1.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Yeah I think “honor your parents” has probably been a top down decree. To them it probably includes publicly praising them. Saw this floating about onTwitter, and it reveals the kind of nightmarish emotional abuse that comes with fundamentalism: 💔🤮003936DB-1E5C-4B40-9D7D-98ACB3D9FF22.thumb.jpeg.491980e9f4921598f6e9e26854082fa1.jpeg

It reads like a narcissist parent wrote it. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I don’t know anyone who has this close of a relationship with their parents. Much of this reads more like how you might treat your fiance/spouse, so to act this way towards your parents sounds over the top. I’m not so sure seeking your parents’ constant approval is the best way to live your life. 

“Perform home maintenance for them.” This reminds me of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Ray and his wife bought his parents a subscription to “fruit of the month.” The parents were pissed. “ We can buy our own fruit!” they said huffily. They were mad because Ray and Debra were treating them like they were old.

On the other hand, Mr. Cam’s widowed mom had a to-do list for him whenever he visited which he came to resent. She didn’t have one for her other kids.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4

On 6/21/2022 at 6:19 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

So JB smashes the cake, and DRod smashes the taco...

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

It reads like a narcissist parent wrote it. 

💯 I think narcissistic parenting is necessary to enact fundie family life. You actually think your kids belong to you and that you have your God given right to control their lives as you see best. 

1 hour ago, Cam said:

I don’t know anyone who has this close of a relationship with their parents. Much of this reads more like how you might treat your fiance/spouse, so to act this way towards your parents sounds over the top. I’m not so sure seeking your parents’ constant approval is the best way to live your life. 

“Perform home maintenance for them.” This reminds me of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Ray and his wife bought his parents a subscription to “fruit of the month.” The parents were pissed. “ We can buy our own fruit!” they said huffily. They were mad because Ray and Debra were treating them like they were old.

On the other hand, Mr. Cam’s widowed mom had a to-do list for him whenever he visited which he came to resent. She didn’t have one for her other kids.

I mean, yes. It’s emotional incest. It was written by fundies.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Ok so I feel like this list dialed back is a fairly normal way of having a close relationship with someone (anyone). Not just parents. And this should be prefaced with “if your parents aren’t abusive assholes, here are a few ways to connect with your parents as an adult.” But this list is over the top. I do a lot of these things listed. I watch shows that my parents would like. I’m not going to make them watch something they hate. Although one time back when I was about 23, I made my dad watch Napoleon Dynamite with me and when we finished he said, “that might be the stupidest movie I’ve ever seen!” And I just cracked up. I do spend time with them. I do give them birthday gifts that they would like. I do ask about family history sometimes. But some of this is just a bit much. I just want to tell the writer of this list, “calm down dude. You’re doing too much.”

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic