IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

Continue from here....

I've criticized this sad excuse for a mother a bit here and there, but she knew I needed a new thread title so she allowed herself to be photographed wearing pants to help me out.  Thanks for the assist, Michelle!

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

Honestly this surprises me. If it was any other female Duggar I would not be surprised. But Michelle? I always got the feeling she liked wearing skirts and that’s why she kept it up. I figured she would wear them until death. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

Aaahhh I’m too late! I wanted to suggest a new thread title with JD crashing a plane.

“One in jail, another made bail, a senate election fail, and a Medic-Con plane derail”

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 28
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

There are othe pictures that show she's wearing a skirt over leggings. You can see them here:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4546983/jinger-duggar-reunites-mom-michelle-after-christmas-snub/

She looks ridiculously good and healthy. WTF. 
I wonder if this is how the relationships with a lot of the adult married kids will go - mostly visits with single siblings/Mom/ other couples and kids they are close with - but very few planned visits involving Dad going anywhere. If people want to see Dad they go to his territory. If they want to see their siblings/nieces/nephews/ at big family events at the TTH they need to play along nice enough to be tolerated by Dad.

Watching the Sister Wives Covid train wreck Kody and JB are seeming VERY similar. Tolerable enough, in a domineering Dad kind of way —. Kids usually look forward to time with Dad because just by sheer  volume of kids - it’s not constant focus.
Until  a serious situation comes up where they aren’t in at least nominal control and get serious push back. Then watch out. Everyone and everything that isn’t 100% towing their line is the enemy. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

She looks ridiculously good and healthy. WTF. 
I wonder if this is how the relationships with a lot of the adult married kids will go - mostly visits with single siblings/Mom/ other couples and kids they are close with - but very few planned visits involving Dad going anywhere. If people want to see Dad they go to his territory. If they want to see their siblings/nieces/nephews/ at big family events at the TTH they need to play along nice enough to be tolerated by Dad.

Watching the Sister Wives Covid train wreck Kody and JB are seeming VERY similar. Tolerable enough, in a domineering Dad kind of way —. Kids usually look forward to time with Dad because just by sheer  volume of kids - it’s not constant focus.
Until  a serious situation comes up where they aren’t in at least nominal control and get serious push back. Then watch out. Everyone and everything that isn’t 100% towing their line is the enemy. 

What really sealed it for me is when recently Dereck was quoted saying that when he and Jill approached JB for the money they earned on the show, JB started screaming and ranting. I believe that to be true. JB thinks he is the king and can control everyone who is associated with the Duggar name. He believes that he is everyone’s headship, which clearly doesn’t fly with some (Dereck, Jeremy, Lauren, Jill, Austin….)

• Upvote 12

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

What really sealed it for me is when recently Dereck was quoted saying that when he and Jill approached JB for the money they earned on the show, JB started screaming and ranting.

I missed this, but I don't closely follow SM. Where was or who quoted Derick saying that? At this point I also would tend to believe Derick.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I missed this, but I don't closely follow SM. Where was or who quoted Derick saying that? At this point I also would tend to believe Derick.

Derek said it himself in one of his weird forays into tea spilling.  I don't recall him saying screaming, but he said he was verbally abusive when they asked for the money.  Sometimes I wish that guy would either elaborate or say nothing.

@Bobology I found a link that refers to it

https://people.com/tv/derick-dillard-accuses-jim-bob-duggar-of-abuse-manipulation/

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Thanks for the article link. I do remember reading that. I had not remembered about screaming and ranting, but a lot of verbal abuse certainly contains screaming and ranting, whether or not JB screamed and ranted at Jill and Derick.

• I Agree 1

Just now, Bobology said:

Thanks for the article link. I do remember reading that. I had not remembered about screaming and ranting, but a lot of verbal abuse certainly contains screaming and ranting, whether or not JB screamed and ranted at Jill and Derick.

I've never heard it referred to as screaming or ranting until the post to which you were responding.  That's why it would be nice if Derek is going to spill tea some specifics would help paint the picture better than somewhat ambiguous phrases.  

• I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've never heard it referred to as screaming or ranting until the post to which you were responding.  That's why it would be nice if Derek is going to spill tea some specifics would help paint the picture better than somewhat ambiguous phrases.  

Derick drives me nuts this way. He's always speaking in riddles and half truths.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, pupper said:

Is that Jinger with Michelle? I thought Jinger had blonde hair now.

She went back to her natural color a few months back.  

Michelle, Jana, James, and Jason are in LA now visiting Jinger.  

• Upvote 2

Verbal abuse…Uh oh, sounds like JB needs a refresher on JOY-

Jesus, first

Others, second

Yourself (that’s you, JB), LAST

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Pibblesmiles said:

JB first,

Other Duggars second,

Y'all unwashed masses last

Or the unwashed masses, never

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some form of screaming, for all they talk about self control. Jim Bob has mentioned anger being an issue for him. Nothing will ping a narcissist like someone breaking free of their control. Of course, there is plenty that can be verbally abusive and manipulative (you are betraying us/Jesus/hurting our witness, etc) without shouting too.

• Upvote 7

IBLP issues a Media Inquiry Statement last week in response to inquiries from NBC news.   The statement defends itself, in part, against abuse allegations and the equality of women.

So besides the Amazon documentary NBC is sniffing around as well.

I saw it on reddit, here is the link to the actual statement https://iblp.org/news/response-media-inquiry  I cross posted this to the main Bates thread as well.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

Seeing IBLP issue their squirmy statement gives me hope. It’s kind of like how Josh’s conviction was therapeutic for many whose abuse never was addressed. If IBLP goes down publicly, it will be a balm to those who’ve experienced spiritual abuse.

• Upvote 12

Jessa posted a video from the ugly christmas sweater party. Here is who I saw at the event:

• Jim Bob, Michelle
  • Anna, all Ms
  • Jana
  • JD, Abbie, Grace
  • Jessa, Ben, kids
  • Joe, Kendra (who did not dress for the event), and kids
  • Josiah
  • Jed, Katey
  • Jason
  • James
  • Jackson through Josie

Not there: Dillard family, Vuolo family, Lauren and Bella, Forsyth family, Justin and Claire

I did not listen to the audio, so references could have been made to why people were not there. 

Edited by theotherelise
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 13

If your skirt/legging combination looks like pants, then what has that accomplished? What is the point?

Letter of the law if you ask me.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

They may be at an ugly Christmas sweater party, but why is Ben wearing a Saltire (Scotland flag) beanie?

There can't be many of these in Arkansas thrift shops

20220202_205707.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Was he around for their trip to the UK? 

Seewald is a German name, but maybe it's an interest in family history? That's a stretch, though, as I don't think they've mentioned being interested in family history. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic