IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 49: Dialing More Numbers than Mommy's Robo-Calls

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, Beermeet said:

BS on that take.  It's what the Duggars rely on, seeming naive and simply just loving Jesus.   These people are dangerous to our society,  they are in politics like never before.  Anna speaks quite well on her topics we have seen.   Even sweet Lil Pris is dangerous because she doesn't think, she follows and votes accordingly.  

I don't mean to come off mad at you comment,  it's not you, it's them.  Never let them fool you.  

Exactly. These sort of people depend on being given a pass because they are viewed as simple, sheltered souls who just don’t really understand. There is no doubt in my mind that that post was a shrewd calculated move by Anna. Time for people to stop coming up with excuses for her. She is an adult who is putting her desire for her predator husband over the safety of her children. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 4

I thought Anna could leave logistically, and I thought the real problem is she doesn't want to leave him. Apparently I underestimated how true that is.

I don't think any of the Duggars except Anna think Josh is innocent. Maybe Justin and Hillary Spivey. Watch that space.

I know filing an appeal is normal, but if I was dependent on the Duggar family fortune, I would see this as throwing more good money after bad. 

After he loses the appeal, I could see the family trying to get her to leave him so the family can save some face. Maybe they wanted her to stick it out through the trial, but I could actually see the family being more annoyed she wants to stay with him.

I'm still hoping she comes to her senses. I know she's a lousy fool, but she's the mother of seven children. Until a better solution turns up for the kids, I'm hoping she comes to her senses. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Exactly. These sort of people depend on being given a pass because they are viewed as simple, sheltered souls who just don’t really understand. There is no doubt in my mind that that post was a shrewd calculated move by Anna. Time for people to stop coming up with excuses for her. She is an adult who is putting her desire for her predator husband over the safety of her children. 

Yes, I get a much clearer picture of her now that she’s publicly defending him on SM. It’s nauseating. To me it now appears Anna’s happy countenance in the Christmas vid came from thinking she’s gonna have the last laugh, “It ain’t over, the appeal will unveil the real truth” kind of mentality. 

I think JB shuttled his son off to that hell hole of a car lot knowing Josh wasn’t amounting to anything so he stuck him there thinking he could languish in obscurity, give him a place to commit his sins out of the public eye. JB never dreamt how it would all blow up in his face. What a comeuppance for JB, thinking he’s oh so smart at manipulating public perception and then along comes technology and intelligence to bite him in the ass. Didn’t see that coming, did ya, JB?  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

I meant to say a few pages back (before Anna announced her delusions), I’m kind of amazed that there’s so much discussion around whether she could be a teacher or not. When I think “initial job options for single mother without a degree” I think of working as a janitor or maid, or taking the day shift at a fast food outlet while all the teenage staff are at school. Working the registers at Walmart. Staying up late to take up hems and patch clothes for people. There are things she could do, and if the assistance and charity isn’t there to help her make ends meet to feed and clothe her children on a low wage, or subsidise daycare for her so she can work, then that’s the shame of not just the cult, but the country. There will be other, less deluded nausea-inducing women in domestic violence situations who are financially trapped.

• Upvote 24

Does anyone else follow @carriejernigan1 on TikTok? She’s an Arkansas lawyer who attended most of the trial and breaks it down for us non-lawyer people.  Her feeling on the defense appeal is that the prosecution did in fact fail to turn over evidence in a timely manner, and that could get Josh a new trial.   The hard part for the defense will be making the case that the evidence in question would have likely changed the verdict.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

10 hours ago, Smee said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Anna is not Michelle Duggar 2.0

She’s Debi Pearl 2.0 

And a Lori Alexander. It is easy to forget there are plenty of fundie women who are just as vile and hateful as the men. 

32 minutes ago, sableduck said:

Does anyone else follow @carriejernigan1 on TikTok? She’s an Arkansas lawyer who attended most of the trial and breaks it down for us non-lawyer people.  Her feeling on the defense appeal is that the prosecution did in fact fail to turn over evidence in a timely manner, and that could get Josh a new trial.   The hard part for the defense will be making the case that the evidence in question would have likely changed the verdict.

It is going to be nerve wracking if he gets a new trial. Anna apparently is fairly confident he will get it and they can shift the blame to someone else. 

• Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He was there listening in court and he still likes this post? Fuck that. Fuck pecan. 

95785A3B-298F-47C5-8A44-0A87B272DCEC.jpeg

That’s interesting. Is that a joint account with Anna’s sister? Does anyone know if they both post from it? I don’t follow them much, their looking like identical twins creeps me out. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s interesting. Is that a joint account with Anna’s sister? Does anyone know if they both post from it? I don’t follow them much, their looking like identical twins creeps me out. 

they share an account.  God forbid anyone have autonomy in that cult

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

It always seems to me (I could be wrong) that David is the main poster of the account. I’m assuming David “liked” it not Cil.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

After he loses the appeal, I could see the family trying to get her to leave him so the family can save some face. Maybe they wanted her to stick it out through the trial, but I could actually see the family being more annoyed she wants to stay with him.

I’ve never understood the reasoning that JB was forcing Anna to stay with Josh. I knew many people in ATI who got divorced for a lot less (some even stayed in ATI). If Anna decided to leave Josh it would have been easy for JB and family to rally around Anna (the public and even many in their circle would have been supportive of this), wash their hands of Josh, and eventually pretend that he never existed. I honestly think it has surprised many people in their circles that

1) Josh never took off and left Anna and the kids

2) Anna has stood by him this long

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if JB had dropped some (subtle or not so subtle) hints to Anna that “even if you leave him we’ll support you,” only to have Anna say, “I will never leave him!” 

At this point JB probably feels locked in to going along with whatever Anna wants and she wants Josh. The fantasy people have hoping Anna will take the kids and start her own life is probably one that JB has too.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

Just a thought…could Anna have been encouraged(or pressured) by JB, the attorneys and Josh to make that SM post ahead of a possible appeal hearing or sentencing in an effort to push back on the courts? Get the base riled up to write letters, show up at the courthouse? 

in light of the fact that Anna was silent all last year with the exception of the birth announcement, the timing and message of this post seems very odd.

• Upvote 5

David Waller may have left IBLP to be pastor of his own church, but IBLP is what made him and I expect he still has influence there. If they admit that Josh is guilty then they have to admit their whole set up created him, failed to address his problems when they first surfaced and failed to protect victims.

JB & M were the high profile adverts for IBLP- stars of Big Sandy, touting ALERT and Journey to the Heart and look what they ended up with. A son that enjoys watching child abuse, daughters who were abused but got no help or protection and a bunch of uneducated kidults whose only way of earning a living is having daddy take them on, marrying away or hawking shite over Instagram. Josh is a very public acknowledgement of what a cess pool their beliefs are and how it damages families. Waller knew all about Josh and still played happy families with him. These people sicken me.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Just a thought…could Anna have been encouraged(or pressured) by JB, the attorneys and Josh to make that SM post ahead of a possible appeal hearing or sentencing in an effort to push back on the courts? Get the base riled up to write letters, show up at the courthouse? 

in light of the fact that Anna was silent all last year with the exception of the birth announcement, the timing and message of this post seems very odd.

Maybe, but I actually think the opposite. I think Anna has been itching to get back on SM with her #littleduggars and hateful views. I think pressure from the family was to hold back so they could rebrand themselves.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

If Anna is driving this and is as strong and persistent as some think, why the heck hasn’t she done anything personally, to improve her family’s circumstances? Beyond procreation what has she done? Is she a fabulous homeschooler, homemaker, baker, bookkeeper, musician, financier? Maybe I have too heavy a dose of puritan work ethic, but what has she accomplished for the greater good? Whatever it is, it’s her best kept secret. Frankly, I doubt Josh would have cared  if she had taken college courses,  solved world hunger or took a ride on the spaceship as long as: someone else was responsible for the kids and paid for her adventures-

• Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’ve never understood the reasoning that JB was forcing Anna to stay with Josh. I knew many people in ATI who got divorced for a lot less (some even stayed in ATI). If Anna decided to leave Josh it would have been easy for JB and family to rally around Anna (the public and even many in their circle would have been supportive of this), wash their hands of Josh, and eventually pretend that he never existed. I honestly think it has surprised many people in their circles that

1) Josh never took off and left Anna and the kids

2) Anna has stood by him this long

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if JB had dropped some (subtle or not so subtle) hints to Anna that “even if you leave him we’ll support you,” only to have Anna say, “I will never leave him!” 

At this point JB probably feels locked in to going along with whatever Anna wants and she wants Josh. The fantasy people have hoping Anna will take the kids and start her own life is probably one that JB has too.

We have no reason to believe one way or the other, but I doubt very much JB allows Anna to set the narrative or lock him into anything.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Anna is setting herself up for a lot of discord with her Duggar family.  I never got why she was so smug about being a Duggar. IIRC she once bragged about having the only Duggar granddaughters. What the hell kind of accomplishment is that? 

Jill and Derick do not participate in TTH events. Jinger and Derick live in CA, so no chance of interacting with them. Joy and Austin are local, and have posted about their agreement about the guilty verdict. How is Anna going to interact with them?  

Anna has always been smug about being married to the POS that is Joshua Duggar. The felon most likely lied to her, it’s his MO. But Anna was willing to suspend belief and be willingly ignorant. 

The tragic aspect of this is that Anna could not care less about her children. I don’t care how brain washed Anna was, her primal maternal instinct should have kicked in a long time ago. Seven kids with a one way ticket to nowhere. What a mess.

• Upvote 18

11 hours ago, Beermeet said:

BS on that take.  It's what the Duggars rely on, seeming naive and simply just loving Jesus.   These people are dangerous to our society,  they are in politics like never before.  Anna speaks quite well on her topics we have seen.   Even sweet Lil Pris is dangerous because she doesn't think, she follows and votes accordingly.  

I don't mean to come off mad at you comment,  it's not you, it's them.  Never let them fool you.  

I can't imagine having ever been "fooled" by the Duggars, in whatever respect that might take form. But that does not preclude my conviction that she's not very bright. I know a few not-very-bright people who are easily convinced they are not. It's exceedingly tiresome. Here we are in this country in a pretty condition because of that phenomenon; people double down on arrogance when challenged. It's so gosh-darned "Christ-like," to boot.

Edited by backyard sylph
added a thought as I waited for internet to do its assigned job
  • Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He was there listening in court and he still likes this post? Fuck that. Fuck pecan. 

95785A3B-298F-47C5-8A44-0A87B272DCEC.jpeg

My suspicion is that David may 100 percent believe Josh did this,  but like Jim Bob he wants to get back control of Josh. Josh isn’t going to sit quiet for years and I bet they know it. Who knows what awful things were done to teen Josh at that training center. Eventually Josh is bound to start blabbing all the secrets to random people in prison who will then leak it out. I bet The Sun is just dying to get the scoop from Josh on what his family was like and what IBLP did to him all those years ago. 

If they get Josh out on a technicality they can claim it was a liberal conspiracy and then do their best to make sure Josh doesn’t get caught again. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If Anna is driving this and is as strong and persistent as some think, why the heck hasn’t she done anything personally, to improve her family’s circumstances?

Because she is lazy and doesn't care.  People can try to read the tea leaves for cryptic clues, but sometimes a cigar is just a fucking lazy cigar who wanted money and fame for doing as little as possible

• Upvote 17

Poor Anna, she is so brainwashed. I really hope those kids look at some of their aunts and uncle’s and break away when they get older.

Does Arkansas have conjugal visit?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Because she is lazy and doesn't care.  People can try to read the tea leaves for cryptic clues, but sometimes a cigar is just a fucking lazy cigar who wanted money and fame for doing as little as possible

I tend to agree, and if this is the case, I hope it bites her in the rear-

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Poor Anna, she is so brainwashed. I really hope those kids look at some of their aunts and uncle’s and break away when they get older.

Does Arkansas have conjugal visit?

Idk how anyone can still have sympathy for her, but he's not in the Arkansas system he's in Federal and no, no conjugal visits.

She'll have to settle for "only" 7 kids...maybe she can spend the time she'd have otherwise spent pregnant learning to actually parent.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This is what I was thinking too

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk how anyone can still have sympathy for her, but he's not in the Arkansas system he's in Federal and no, no conjugal visits.

She'll have to settle for "only" 7 kids...maybe she can spend the time she'd have otherwise spent pregnant learning to actually parent.

I glad to hear that. When I say poor Anna I mean this is just a sad situation all around. Posting documents that were already out a month ago, acting all excited about it, is sad and she is poor example of a mom and this poor situation. Will she live in the big house for the next 7+ years under Jim boob eyes and have to keep smile and talking to a child molester on the phone? That is a poor situation.

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic