IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 49: Dialing More Numbers than Mommy's Robo-Calls

HerNameIsBuffy

I don't think Anna regrets not leaving in 2015. She loves her kids and 3 of them wouldn't be here if she had.

She doesn't VALUE them and certainly hasn't done right by them, but she probably loves them.

If I had to guess she's probably in the bargaining stage and will be for a while. Or whatever stage it is that wishes it never happened while still knowing it did (not denial, I don't think she can think this is a set up anymore).

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1

On 2/2/2022 at 11:23 AM, Alisamer said:

What I think he's REALLY saying is that he takes his kids to the ER for things that would be better treated by a PCP or urgent care, because he can then just not pay for it at all and they still are required to treat them if they come in again another time. People like him are the reason hospital and health care costs are so ridiculously high. They up the bills for people who can pay, to cover the people who can't or won't. 

I’ve heard more than one conservative say “You want free health care?  Just go to the ER and give a fake name!”

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 11

14 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I’ve heard more than one conservative say “You want free health care?  Just go to the ER and give a fake name!”

Another piece of evidence toward my hypothesis that conservatives tend to assume people will "take advantage", "be lazy", or "cheat" if given help when they need it, because that's what THEY would do. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 26

20 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Another piece of evidence toward my hypothesis that conservatives tend to assume people will "take advantage", "be lazy", or "cheat" if given help when they need it, because that's what THEY would do. 

Exactly.  One of the cruel ironies of life is people who don't think to cheat  don't often recognize it in others until it's too late because it doesn't occur to them.

Just like people who harm children.  It's really hard for those of us who never have those thoughts to assume others do since we can't even imagine it.  So while we need to be taught what to look for or we'll miss it they recognize each other.  

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Also, WTAF is that to say to your daughter who just lost her mom?

I am so sorry for the pain and sorrow you and your mother experienced with cancer. There aren’t enough words or hugs. 

I am also heartbroken that you didn’t have meaningful support and unconditional love from a person who should have provided both. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:04 PM, EmmieJ said:

Josh has shown zero remorse or even acknowledged he has committed illegal acts.  His defense was "someone else did this."  He's had years to hone his ability to lie, cover up, put on a false front, and enjoy the benefits of being a white male in his religious circle.  I've seen no evidence that he has the ability to self-reflect, to be humble, or to even admit wrong-doing.  I think his mind is so warped by this point, that when he has served his sentence and is released, it won't be long before he gives in and returns to his old ways.

His lack of remorse will no doubt come up at sentencing. I am so looking forward to hearing the judge talk about that. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

But of course, they really really need it, not those freeloaders who are trying to “game the system.”

• Upvote 6

Uh oh….. 

238D83A0-29B0-47D3-94EB-71B311F4B46D.jpeg

It seems Anna is living in denial. She posted the motion from Josh’s lawyer to get Josh a new trial. 

It’s quite a few pages so I’ll just post the last page: 

FEDB368E-9959-415D-8B0B-2D98099153FD.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 18

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Exactly.  One of the cruel ironies of life is people who don't think to cheat  don't often recognize it in others until it's too late because it doesn't occur to them.

Just like people who harm children.  It's really hard for those of us who never have those thoughts to assume others do since we can't even imagine it.

I have learned at this point at my life that when people think you (general you) might do (or have done) something that you would never think of, it's because either they have done it or at least think it's acceptable or an option.

Edited by nokidsmom
clarification, I hope, it's classic projection but a very big "tell"
  • Upvote 11

Any decent lawyer would be filing appeals.  They usually don’t go anywhere, but it’s part of the process to file an appeal.

I don’t think it’s any surprise that Anna doesn’t believe he’s guilty.  It’s pretty obvious that most of his sisters do, however, and that must bother her a lot.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, sableduck said:

Any decent lawyer would be filing appeals.  They usually don’t go anywhere, but it’s part of the process to file an appeal.

I don’t think it’s any surprise that Anna doesn’t believe he’s guilty.  It’s pretty obvious that most of his sisters do, however, and that must bother her a lot.

I agree. A decent lawyer would do this. But Anna saying there’s more to the story shows she believes the stuff in the appeal as being true and he should be acquitted or get a new trial. I bet none of the Duggar sisters will like her post. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

Eh, I still think she knows exactly who he is. But she’s gonna be a good little helpmeet because she made that promise to God. 

I do hope the years Josh spends in prison gives her perspective and can eventually move on with her life without him. Those poor kids have been through enough. A few small starting steps can make a world of difference; just look at Jill. I thought she drank just as much koolaid as Anna. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Haven’t worked with appeals on a long time but this was pretty pathetic. Expected but pathetic.

I’d sure love to see Caleb’s face after this

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Eh, I still think she knows exactly who he is. But she’s gonna be a good little helpmeet because she made that promise to God. 

I do hope the years Josh spends in prison gives her perspective and can eventually move on with her life without him. Those poor kids have been through enough. A few small starting steps can make a world of difference; just look at Jill. I thought she drank just as much koolaid as Anna. 

I can’t help but disagree. I think the denial is her way of self preservation. She’s going through a shit ton right now and actual therapy isn’t allowed. So this is the only way she can make it through the day. Denial is common amongst fundie moms for a reason. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

If their argument is essentially Caleb messaged them saying he had passwords and MAYBE may have been there on those days…. That feels unprovable overall and sounds like he may have been paid off in some way. Send it the week of the trial? Was it before or after Bobyes testimony was approved? 

and there’s quite compelling evidence that proves Josh was there on those days. 

thisseems like a grasp for straws

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, sableduck said:

I hope it does.  She was such a try-hard wanting to be one of them I hope it eats at her that they know her husband is what he is.

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

How long until she takes that down?

Hours, not days is my guess.

Did she leave comments open?

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I hope it does.  She was such a try-hard wanting to be one of them I hope it eats at her that they know her husband is what he is.

Hours, not days is my guess.

Did she leave comments open?

No comments allowed of course.

• Upvote 8

I keep remembering that smug smile Anna had when Josh turned himself in. She really thought he was going to walk away from this. I’m not sure there is any amount of evidence that will make Anna turn on Josh. She seem absolutely obsessed with being his wife and furious at everyone who doesn’t view him as she views him. I think she will toss anyone under the bus for Josh and the hopes of getting back her life as a devoted Duggar bride. 

As much as I would love to think that she is spending her time trying to figure out how to protect her children, I suspect she is really frantically spending every moment focused on Josh and how to get him back. 

• Upvote 32

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I keep remembering that smug smile Anna had when Josh turned himself in. She really thought he was going to walk away from this. I’m not sure there is any amount of evidence that will make Anna turn on Josh. She seem absolutely obsessed with being his wife and furious at everyone who doesn’t view him as she views him. I think she will toss anyone under the bus for Josh and the hopes of getting back her life as a devoted Duggar bride. 

As much as I would love to think that she is spending her time trying to figure out how to protect her children, I suspect she is really frantically spending every moment focused on Josh and how to get him back. 

I agree. And this is exactly why I want Josh to get a very long sentence. It’s what’s best for his children. If he’s locked up until they are older and even some of them grown, they will be more protected. Plus they will be old enough to start to develop their own opinions. Even if Anna is brainwashing them daily. They will likely have access to the internet eventually. The longer he is away from his kids, the better. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 13

He molested his own underage sisters and I have no doubt that he downloaded the CSA based on the evidence. The man is a menace. This grasping at straws with an appeal is just that.

He believes he should get away with this too as a white, 'christian' male who doesn't need to justify to anyone, his actions. Hell, even his father, under oath, lied about what he did. Anna doesn't want to admit it, fine, whatever, she's free to play whatever games she needs too, to believe that. However, do NOT piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, there is NOT more to the story!

Edited by Smoochie
grammar
  • Upvote 17

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t help but disagree. I think the denial is her way of self preservation. She’s going through a shit ton right now and actual therapy isn’t allowed. So this is the only way she can make it through the day. Denial is common amongst fundie moms for a reason. 

I can see that. Right after the Mr. died, I pretty much had myself convinced that he'd volunteered for a WestPac and would just be gone for a few months. Unfortunately the PTSD flashbacks interfered in that delightful fantasy...but I get it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 14

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic