IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 49: Dialing More Numbers than Mommy's Robo-Calls

HerNameIsBuffy

Anna’s hard core humpers believe she is a wonderful godly wife and mother- they are prepared to overlook an awful lot and more importantly separate her behaviour from Josh. It’s the same with JB & Michelle- the humpers bleat ‘well they raised 18 children who aren’t sick sadists’. Now whether that devotion can be turned into cash, who knows, but JB & M have exploited their children for years while ignoring some hard truths, so they probably have some useful tips.

As a pp said, there is no way Anna is going to be a teacher other than homeschooling her own children. We might like to think she spends her evenings processing what has happened, but the reality is she is probably writing letters to Josh and forcing her kids to write about how much they miss him. We saw when he was caught out with his previous behaviour that the family put it down to temptation and Satan. John David is often touted as being angry at Josh, but in the talking head after the scandals broke in 2015 he blamed Satan, and then went on to have Josh as his groomsman in his wedding. 
There is no evidence anyone cut ties with Josh. They were all happy to be around him. Now they have social media images to maintain, they won’t be doing anything too public other than general murmurings about exploited children. My advice would be to keep expectations of Anna very low- that way you won’t be disappointed!

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Anna’s hard core humpers believe she is a wonderful godly wife and mother- they are prepared to overlook an awful lot and more importantly separate her behaviour from Josh.

I wonder how many of those there are left.

I think the hypotheticals are interesting, but I'm also curious about something we know she's dealing with and that's her "sisters in love" (bleh) posting publicly that they believe the verdict was just.  

How does she reconcile that and keep sweet?  JB and M also believe he is guilty as their statement said nothing about there being a miscarriage of justice.  I can't believe she would think him innocent when even the people closest to both of them who are in the cult believe him to be guilty.  But I do wonder how this is affecting her relationship with the rest of the family.

Even those quiet on SM have opinions, I wonder if she has any emotional allies in the family.  

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

@Caroline teaching qualifications vary. I teach at a charter school. The core classes at my school are taught by someone who majored in the subject and minored in education. The various STEM classes are taught by people who know that particular subject. 

Teenagers are a lot of fun...but they can drive you nuts. I have 8 students, all male, between the ages of 14 and 18. Love them to bits but sometimes...and I will NEVER EVER sub for the Spanish 2 class again! 

Being a substitute for little ones isn't always easy either. I vividly remember my first time subbing in a kindergarten class. I called the children over for morning rug time and a little girl immediately started sobbing. I asked what was wrong and she pointed at me and said, "Our teacher doesn't sit in thaaaat chair!" 

Happy ending: I told the little girl that her teacher said I could sit in that chair today. Sobbing stopped.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • Love 5

22 hours ago, Cam said:

But I’m sure he would want Anna to get government assistance wherever she can and he can supplement. 

I would not be surprised if she weren't already receiving some form of aid, though I don't quite see her heading for the SNAP office to apply for benefits.  If she did, I think someone would make it public.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, gustava said:

I would not be surprised if she weren't already receiving some form of aid, though I don't quite see her heading for the SNAP office to apply for benefits.  If she did, I think someone would make it public.

That can't be done online?  

I can see them forgoing SNAP, but not insurance if they qualify for Medicaid.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That can't be done online?  

I can see them forgoing SNAP, but not insurance if they qualify for Medicaid.  

I hope she has applied for both. Fed and healthy should be high on her list of needs for her children.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I’m sure SNAP, WIC, medicaid and the like are just fine now that her headship is locked up. She (& JB) probably see it as the way for the pedophile to continue supporting the family and JB will provide the rest - with plenty of manipulation along side. 

Because nothing says good fundamentalists like hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m sure SNAP, WIC, medicaid and the like are just fine now that her headship is locked up. She (& JB) probably see it as the way for the pedophile to continue supporting the family and JB will provide the rest - with plenty of manipulation along side. 

Because nothing says good fundamentalists like hypocrisy. 

It’s like those polls where people are asked  what they think about government aid, and many people make a negative comment, yet when asked if parents of children who are critically or terminally ill should be able to receive assistance, responses change.

Often times people believe the safety net is OK if they or someone like them is in need. Further, I am sure Josie’s care was heavily covered by government assistance as being extremely premature is a qualifier.

ETA- and JB’s opinions on this topic should not be a factor. Legally, JB has no say (as far as I know), and since Anna is a healthy adult, the decisions would certainly default to her, first.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I hope she has applied for both. Fed and healthy should be high on her list of needs for her children.

The kids won't go hungry,  JB and M will decide if they want to pay for groceries or have her apply to defray some of the cost, but either way they'll be kept in cream of crap as long as they're living there.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 1/31/2022 at 7:58 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The first several hits on google all say you need a bachelors to be considered to be able to teach in Arkansas.  Even if she could do it academically, and wanted to, (I'm guessing big no on both of those things) that's going to take way too long.

Personally I think Anna is a lost cause, but I do hope some young fundy moms who are silently unhappy beneath their kool-aid smiles see the position she's in and rethink their choices so they aren't completely screwed it they end up alone.  

I'm very curious as what she would do if JB and M didn't have the money to support her and 7 kids indefinitely.  What if she'd married someone from a family like the Rods where between the two sets of parents there is just no physical room or money to help?  

She’d have far fewer choices…and maybe thats what she needs. Necessity being what it is.

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The kids won't go hungry,  JB and M will decide if they want to pay for groceries or have her apply to defray some of the cost, but either way they'll be kept in cream of crap as long as they're living there.

Jana, add 7 more cups of water to whatever you’re making. ETA- and based on Jill’s story of stuffing food in her mouth while hiding in the bathroom, and Michelle’s tales of days when they ate rice at every meal, I’m not so sure if those kids won’t experience food scarcity under JB’$ tutelage.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jana, add 7 more cups of water to whatever you’re making. ETA- and based on Jill’s story of stuffing food in her mouth while hiding in the bathroom, and Michelle’s tales of days when they ate rice at every meal, I’m not so sure if those kids won’t experience food scarcity under JB’$ tutelage.

The days of food scarcity for that family have been long over.  There are a lot of concerns about the M kids but being worried that they won't get enough food is not one of them, IMO.  

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It’s like those polls where people are asked  what they think about government aid, and many people make a negative comment, yet when asked if parents of children who are critically or terminally ill should be able to receive assistance, responses change.

Often times people believe the safety net is OK if they or someone like them is in need. Further, I am sure Josie’s care was heavily covered by government assistance as being extremely premature is a qualifier.

So much this. I remember early in the Affordable Care Act some late night hosts would send people out and ask them what they thought of "Obamacare", and get all kinds of derision and hatred. Then they'd ask the same people things like "do you think insurance companies should be able to reject you due to pre-existing conditions?" and other details of things the ACA actually included, and people were all for them. 

Essentially they loved all the things "Obamacare" did, but still hated "Obamacare" because they didn't have a clue what it actually was. 

When it comes to other safety nets, they of course think it's wonderful for grandpa who worked his whole life and grandma who didn't (outside the home, she worked a ton in the home) to get all the help possible, because "they earned it". And of course if THEY were having a hard time it'd be totally fine for them to get help. It's just those "other" people who don't deserve it. You know. The people who don't look like them, or are a different faith than them, or who have an accent, or are young and shouldn't have got pregnant, or whatever they can find to separate "those people" out as undeserving. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 3

42 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

So much this. I remember early in the Affordable Care Act some late night hosts would send people out and ask them what they thought of "Obamacare", and get all kinds of derision and hatred. Then they'd ask the same people things like "do you think insurance companies should be able to reject you due to pre-existing conditions?" and other details of things the ACA actually included, and people were all for them. 

Essentially they loved all the things "Obamacare" did, but still hated "Obamacare" because they didn't have a clue what it actually was. 

When it comes to other safety nets, they of course think it's wonderful for grandpa who worked his whole life and grandma who didn't (outside the home, she worked a ton in the home) to get all the help possible, because "they earned it". And of course if THEY were having a hard time it'd be totally fine for them to get help. It's just those "other" people who don't deserve it. You know. The people who don't look like them, or are a different faith than them, or who have an accent, or are young and shouldn't have got pregnant, or whatever they can find to separate "those people" out as undeserving. 

To be fair a lot of people, myself included, agree with wanting everyone to have insurance and no exclusions for preexisting conditions ect. and had major issues with Obamacare.

When I lost my job there was absolutely no plan I could afford going through the Obamacare and before they killed the tax penalty that was unconscionable.  Charging people $1200 for not being insured when the reason they aren't is because they can't afford insurance is a legitimate reason to think a plan sucks.  

I get your point and I'm not going to argue the nuances of why it was so problematic, I get that any initial roll out would inevitably have a lot of things that need to be fixed, but that was the problem with those man on the street questions....his bill was 1200 pages long.  You can't give a yea or nay answer on something that complex.

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

To be fair a lot of people, myself included, agree with wanting everyone to have insurance and no exclusions for preexisting conditions ect. and had major issues with Obamacare.

When I lost my job there was absolutely no plan I could afford going through the Obamacare and before they killed the tax penalty that was unconscionable.  Charging people $1200 for not being insured when the reason they aren't is because they can't afford insurance is a legitimate reason to think a plan sucks.  

I get your point and I'm not going to argue the nuances of why it was so problematic, I get that any initial roll out would inevitably have a lot of things that need to be fixed, but that was the problem with those man on the street questions....his bill was 1200 pages long.  You can't give a yea or nay answer on something that complex.

Oh I agree - there were definite issues with Obamacare - I just think it's a little insane that for SO many the immediate no-thought reaction was "it sucks" when they couldn't name a single reason WHY it sucked other than it happened to be associated with Barack Obama. Which of course the man-on-the-street interviews are edited for humor, but I know plenty of people in real life who were that way completely. Including some who were big fans of the ACA, but derided "Obamacare". 

And I absolutely agree charging people money because they can't afford something is ridiculous and cruel. I get the reasoning - an incentive for the young healthy people to just get insurance already not to have to deal with the penalty - but there had to be some better way. (Although it was possible to get that penalty waived, a co-worker of mine got it waived every year.)

Hint to the government... rewards work better than penalties, for things like that.

I personally think health insurance is a gambling racket and nobody should have to debate whether to buy food or medicine, or avoid getting medical treatment due to costs. Nothings going to be perfect, but there are so many other countries successfully navigating national health care that we ought to be able to make it work! We have blueprints to follow already!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Oh I agree - there were definite issues with Obamacare - I just think it's a little insane that for SO many the immediate no-thought reaction was "it sucks" when they couldn't name a single reason WHY it sucked other than it happened to be associated with Barack Obama. Which of course the man-on-the-street interviews are edited for humor, but I know plenty of people in real life who were that way completely. Including some who were big fans of the ACA, but derided "Obamacare". 

And I absolutely agree charging people money because they can't afford something is ridiculous and cruel. I get the reasoning - an incentive for the young healthy people to just get insurance already not to have to deal with the penalty - but there had to be some better way. (Although it was possible to get that penalty waived, a co-worker of mine got it waived every year.)

Hint to the government... rewards work better than penalties, for things like that.

I personally think health insurance is a gambling racket and nobody should have to debate whether to buy food or medicine, or avoid getting medical treatment due to costs. Nothings going to be perfect, but there are so many other countries successfully navigating national health care that we ought to be able to make it work! We have blueprints to follow already!

Completely agree with everything you said and we have got to untie insurance to employment.  So many people have to turn down career opportunities because they have someone in their family with serious medical issues and they can't afford to risk a coverage gap.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 13

On 1/31/2022 at 11:27 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've said before I wouldn't be surprised at all if he hooks up with some unhinged woman who writes to him and is the one who leaves Anna.  

Which I know sounds crazy, but Gacy, Manson, Richard Ramirez, Ronnie DeFeo, and Jeffrey McDonald all had women either marry them or want after they went to jail for heinous crimes.  

It would be interesting to see how she'd react if that were to happen.  

I would not be at all surprised if this happens, that Josh gets involved with some crazy pen pal and decides to leave Anna instead.  The fact is that there are people who are fascinated by famous criminals and get involved with them so that Joshley might gain some sympathetic pen pals is very possible IMHO.    He might not intend to leave initially but as time goes on he might change his mind perhaps once he gets closer to his release date (and considers what his life will be once he is out) or just because of ongoing distance from Anna while gaining closeness to the cray cray pen pal.  Whatever options Anna might consider for her future, that's not an option she's going to think of, ever:  Joshley actually leaving her.

Personally, I see her doubling down and standing by Josh.  She's had plenty of reasons since 2015 to leave him yet she continued to carry on as normal once he got out of Jesus Jail, having more children with him, living in complete reliance on his limited ability to provide and also his family.  She didn't want to change then and I don't think she's going to change now.  She's been through so many relationship deal breakers at this point, that honestly I think she's a lost cause, though I hope I am proven wrong, I just don't see it.

She's been living at the TTH compound for a few years now and really, other than Josh not being there, her home life isn't any different than before.   As much as we would like Anna to strike out on her own, this is practical because she and her children still have a place to live and food to eat.  The warehouse, while not exactly House Beautiful, does sit on the Duggar compound so there is some security and protection there versus if she got an apartment somewhere.  There are people can help with her kids and for free.   There are people who are paying the bills.  Whatever emotional support she is getting, which she needs regardless of her feelings about Josh's innocence / guilt, she's getting while living there.   So it's practical from a number of standpoints and Joshley sitting in jail has not changed that.   It's the same as before the only difference is emotional, meaning no Josh around and she's been down that road before.   

Given her interview years ago where she said she wanted things to go back as "before", I don't see her changing, she wants to hang on the Duggar dream life she signed up for in spite of how nightmarish it's become.    She'll wait for Josh.   Whether Josh waits for her is a whole different question. 

Edited by nokidsmom
Clarification
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I would not be at all surprised if this happens, that Josh gets involved with some crazy pen pal and decides to leave Anna instead.  The fact is that there are people who are fascinated by famous criminals and get involved with them so that Joshley might gain some sympathetic pen pals is very possible IMHO.    He might not intend to leave initially but as time goes on he might change his mind perhaps once he gets closer to his release date (and considers what his life will be once he is out) or just because of ongoing distance from Anna while gaining closeness to any the pen pal.  Whatever options Anna might consider for her future, that's not an option she's going to think of, ever. 

Personally, I see her doubling down and standing by Josh.  She's had plenty of reasons since 2015 to leave him yet she continued to carry on as normal once he got out of Jesus Jail, having more children with him, living in complete reliance on his limited ability to provide and also his family.  She didn't want to change then and I don't think she's going to change now.  She's been through so many relationship deal breakers at this point, that honestly I think she's a lost cause, though I hope I am proven wrong, I just don't see it.

She's been living at the TTH compound for a few years now and really, other than Josh not being there, her home life isn't any different than before.   As much as we would like Anna to strike out on her own, this is practical because she and her children still have a place to live and food to eat.  The warehouse, while not exactly House Beautiful, does sit on the Duggar compound so there is some security and protection there versus if she got an apartment somewhere.  There are people can help with her kids and for free.   There are people who are paying the bills.  Whatever emotional support she is getting, which she needs regardless of her feelings about Josh's innocence / guilt, she's getting while living there.   So it's practical from a number of standpoints and Joshley sitting in jail has not changed that.   It's the same as before the only difference is emotional, meaning no Josh around and she's been down that road before.   

Given her interview years ago where she said she wanted things to go back as "before", I don't see her changing, she wants to hang on the Duggar dream life she signed up for in spite of how nightmarish it's become.    She'll wait for Josh.   Whether Josh waits for her is a whole different question. 

I so hope someone from one of the tabloids catfishes him then posts their correspondence, just because I'm not a nice person and I'm curious if there is any thresh hold over which these people experience shame. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I so hope someone from one of the tabloids catfishes him then posts their correspondence, just because I'm not a nice person and I'm curious if there is any thresh hold over which these people experience shame. 

Funny you mention that because I thought of something similiar....maybe not a catfish but a batshit crazy pen pal who is so "in love" decides to blab all the salacious details and we get to see how Josh manages to pile on the embarrassment even from prison. 

I generally consider myself a nice person but certain people can cause me to make an exception for myself and scumbags like Josh are one of them.

Speaking of thresholds, this whole thing has been a story involving going over thresholds hasn't it?   Joshley continuing to self destruct, Anna putting up with it far more than anyone can imagine, JB going off on the judge....just a lot of them. 

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 4

And because she is living on JB’s property and in a JB owned structure and is fed, clothed, insured and provided for in all areas (transportation, entertainment, educational opportunities (AKA the Ark Creation Museum), travel by JB..I think her chances of getting assistance is higher. Has JB ever passed up an opportunity to grift? There’s no way he’s letting an opportunity to receive money/services up. He’ll find some bible verse to convince Anna that applying for services is the Godly thing to do; likely get Josh to back him up.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Coverage options must vary depending on which state you live in, because my experience with Obamacare has been positive.   I'm in California,  and I have been able to afford a comprehensive plan through Kaiser.  I'm sorry you didn't have a positive experience.   However,  I am a little concerned about what will happen to my premium when I turn 65 and go on Medicare.   I've heard that my monthly amount may go up quite a bit which makes no sense to me. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And because she is living on JB’s property and in a JB owned structure and is fed, clothed, insured and provided for in all areas (transportation, entertainment, educational opportunities (AKA the Ark Creation Museum), travel by JB..I think her chances of getting assistance is higher. Has JB ever passed up an opportunity to grift? There’s no way he’s letting an opportunity to receive money/services up. He’ll find some bible verse to convince Anna that applying for services is the Godly thing to do; likely get Josh to back him up.

Josh will be living on the government dime, why shouldn't his family?

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I agree. How else is she supposed to survive? Yes, JB and M have done Anna a huge injustice by foisting Josh off on her younger self, but legally she and the kids are not the elder Duggars” responsibility. So, Anna, as the only available parent, should secure every service available to her family.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Honest question:  has JB taken any government assistance that we know of?    We know that many fundies won't take assistance and boast about it, like Gil Bates, and I thought JB was of the same thinking but perhaps I am wrong.   Anyone know?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Honest question:  has JB taken any government assistance that we know of?    We know that many fundies won't take assistance and boast about it, like Gil Bates, and I thought JB was of the same thinking but perhaps I am wrong.   Anyone know?

I don't see how he could qualify for anything means tested.  He has properties outside of his residence and unless things have changed owns 4-5 planes.  That's not including the 4-5 (can't remember which LLC has 4 and which 5) owned by JD's Medicorps LLC.

Not that what's in JD's name would count - just clarifying that 4-5 do belong to Duggar Air which is JBs.  

• Upvote 1

Anna might have some assets to her name.  JB has a lot things invested in various kids names, and in response (I think to Ashley Madison), a lot things in Josh's name were moved to Anna's.  Property mainly.  I don't know how many or their value, but there is stuff in her name, which depending on how they were done she can access.

Whether it was a bribe from the Duggar borg to her, or an attempt to hide Josh's assets from law suits, who knows.  It may be enough to cause trouble now with applying for welfare though.

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic