IGNORED

Jana Duggar 15: Paying her court fine on Duggar time

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Weren't Josh and Anna left in charge of the TTH once? How scary is that?

When M had Josie and the older kids were away in Latin America- Yep, J/A and M#1 were in charge of the little ones and the TTH.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

On 3/14/2022 at 12:43 AM, just_ordinary said:

I am still intrigued why everyone seems to believe it’s her choice she isn’t married. It could have just as well been the guys that called it off. Maybe Stephen realised that he would rather not court/marry Jana. I don’t think we should throw out the possibility that she is not appealing to the ones that have gotten closer to get to know her.

I mean someone married Jessa, who has a far less appealing personality lol. Jana is pretty and I think someone would have married her. Maybe JB vetoed some early choices but I do think a lot of it was Jana and that she had zero desire to trade one headship and massive brood for another and now I think she is content with her life. Also, if I had raised a dozen or so children, I don't think I'd be in a huge rush to have my own. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean someone married Jessa, who has a far less appealing personality lol. Jana is pretty and I think someone would have married her. Maybe JB vetoed some early choices but I do think a lot of it was Jana and that she had zero desire to trade one headship and massive brood for another and now I think she is content with her life. Also, if I had raised a dozen or so children, I don't think I'd be in a huge rush to have my own. 

Yep, totally agree. My MIL had 5 kids in 4 years (and a couple of more after that), 4 boys and 1 daughter. My husband’s older sister, the 1 in the first 5, had ZERO kids. She married an older man who had already raised a family. She has often said, “I raised a family in my youth.” I don’t think Jana wants the drudgery of it all. Who could blame her?

• Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yep, totally agree. My MIL had 5 kids in 4 years (and a couple of more after that), 4 boys and 1 daughter. My husband’s older sister, the 1 in the first 5, had ZERO kids. She married an older man who had already raised a family. She has often said, “I raised a family in my youth.” I don’t think Jana wants the drudgery of it all. Who could blame her?

My mother was a sister-mom, she did a lot of the raising of her four youngest siblings after her dad died and her mom checked out emotionally. She went into her 20s convinced she didn't want kids, but my dad really did, so she caved but they only ended up having one and she really appreciated that beveuase she could give me everything she never had. One child isn't really an option for a fundie (or at least they aren't taught that it is) and I can't imagine wanting a large family after raising my parents children for them.

• Upvote 3

On 3/13/2022 at 9:18 PM, SassyPants said:

I do think that with all the kids pretty self sufficient , Jana’s on easy street compared to years ago. I also think JB is pretty lax with her, as she is 32 freaking years old. I doubt he treats her the same as he treats 16 YO Hannie. And I truly believe that she has an easier life than Kendra or Jessa. Jana likely does whatever the hell she wants. Jana has made her choice. She’s seemingly had several opportunities to have the life her sisters live, and she has decided it’s not for her. I doubt she is catering to anyone, sets her own schedule and comes and goes during reasonable hours as she sees fit. She has food, clothing and shelter. She has a car and gas to travel around. She has friends. Yep, I’d much rather have her life than Kendra’s-

Exactly. I'd much rather be Jana than Jessa or Kendra. Or Alyssa Webster, who seems utterly miserable. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I see this is the more likely possibility for Jana.  Likely some suitors showed up early on that didn't work for whatever reason (perhaps JB perhaps Jana) and if Jana I can really see why she might be reluctant to go from raising one set of kids to another.   And let's not underestimate how much she might have been burdened with sister-mom duties.  She might have worked it out that if she stayed the course, eventually the kids will move out and she will have more freedom at that point. 

It's trading the known things for the unknown things.   Her father's headship is a known thing, how a husband might be is not.   How many kids she would have is unknown but it's a known thing how many kids are in the TTH who will eventually age out of it.   She really might have worked that staying single is really the better deal. 

13 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Or Alyssa Webster, who seems utterly miserable. 

Oh boy have things changed for her.  She looked so happy when she first married and even after the first kid.   I get it was a big break after living in her parents' chaotic house and hoped she would remember that and maybe limit the kids.  But she seems to want her quiet but hasn't seemed to work out that quiet and more kids don't mix.  

• Upvote 3

Alyssa mentioned in their recent YT that she and John used to fight, a lot. And he said now it is mainly when they are tired and trying to get the kids settled for the night. Why don’t these folks connect the dots? Maybe Jana has done just that and is making different choices for her own life.

I think when you’re always forced to keep sweet, it’s harder to deal with non-pleasant emotions in a healthy way.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7

20 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Exactly. I'd much rather be Jana than Jessa or Kendra. Or Alyssa Webster, who seems utterly miserable. 

7 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Oh boy have things changed for her.  She looked so happy when she first married and even after the first kid.   I get it was a big break after living in her parents' chaotic house and hoped she would remember that and maybe limit the kids.  But she seems to want her quiet but hasn't seemed to work out that quiet and more kids don't mix.  

Why do we think Alyssa is miserable? I did a quick look at her Instagram which didn’t show anything.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why do we think Alyssa is miserable? I did a quick look at her Instagram which didn’t show anything.

Her stories and YouTube tell a different story. She constantly comes across as stressed and detached from her kids. She is constantly cleaning, her kids seem like robots, etc. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I hope we get to see photos / a video of  the wedding  this weekend. It would be interesting to see the interaction between Jana and Steven.

If they were courting and the break up was a mutual decision , then meeting up would be easier for both of them.

If it was a one sided decision, I can see quite a bit of awkwardness, particularly if , heaven forbid, If it were Steven who was rejected, he brought along a "friend" he was "getting to know" just as a way to show that he had moved on.

This would be a ploy that Jana , as a woman,could  not do.

Edited by Sops2
  • Upvote 3

On 3/23/2022 at 6:56 AM, Bad Wolf said:

Weren't Josh and Anna left in charge of the TTH once? How scary is that?

Yep I remember that, he was talking about if his parents died he would be head of the household and in charge of everyone, the house was in chaos from memory whilst he was saying this. This was pre me knowing about freejinger and still thinking the sun shone out of the duggars arse and even this made me feel queasy for some reason (now I know why). So many things I am realising stood out to me pre freejinger now I know why I ended up here. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yep I remember that, he was talking about if his parents died he would be head of the household and in charge of everyone, the house was in chaos from memory whilst he was saying this. This was pre me knowing about freejinger and still thinking the sun shone out of the duggars arse and even this made me feel queasy for some reason (now I know why). So many things I am realising stood out to me pre freejinger now I know why I ended up here. 

Josh spoke about how he had to remind the littles that he was in charge because they weren't used to having him around.  All older girls were with JB & M on a mission (and I think Joy was too).  It was him and Anna, Howlers and lost girls.  Hannie was a toddler and I think Jennie was a baby.  They left Josh in charge of their toddler girls with only Anna as a chaperone.  They also left him there as an authority figure, Josh made it clear that he disciplined.🤮

• Disgust 19
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, imokit said:

Josh spoke about how he had to remind the littles that he was in charge because they weren't used to having him around.  All older girls were with JB & M on a mission (and I think Joy was too).  It was him and Anna, Howlers and lost girls.  Hannie was a toddler and I think Jennie was a baby.  They left Josh in charge of their toddler girls with only Anna as a chaperone.  They also left him there as an authority figure, Josh made it clear that he disciplined.🤮

Wait. They knew he molested his sisters so they decided to leave him with… a fresh crop of sisters?! What the actual fuck!!

I understand why they didn’t protect the older girls, in the view of purity culture they were already damaged goods. I think it’s batshit crazy but I follow the breadcrumbs. But this? 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Maybe these suiters/would-be headship/patriarchs gross her out and make her ass tired. Maybe the thought of being submissive to them does not inspire joyful availability.

• Upvote 2

On 3/22/2022 at 7:16 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Well, it depends. Does JB make her take a chaperone when she travels? Does he interrogate her about what she does, who she talked to? Does he make her work to earn her keep? Do her sisters laugh at her because of her single state, or make underhanded barbs at family dinners? Is she "burning" in lust with no outlet, including no masturbation? Is she required to watch the toddler grandkids without the option of saying "no"? Does Michelle shame her for her singleness? Does Jana burn with shame when she reads commenters who say she is a lesbian? Does she have her own money or must she beg JB?

In that case, life with Joe or Ben might be better. True, they have a ton of little kids to watch, but if Joe/Ben are nicer human beings than JB and Michelle, then Jessa and Kendra have the easier life.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 3/22/2022 at 2:44 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I mean someone married Jessa, who has a far less appealing personality lol. 

That means nothing. There are plenty of kind single women out there while nasty people get married all the time. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

I believe Priscilla ( who was unmarried at the time) was also there with Josh and Anna to help with the kids. My impression at the time was that she was in charge of the Littles while he and Anna wrangled the rest.

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 2

On 3/23/2022 at 7:55 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Wait. They knew he molested his sisters so they decided to leave him with… a fresh crop of sisters?! What the actual fuck!!

I understand why they didn’t protect the older girls, in the view of purity culture they were already damaged goods. I think it’s batshit crazy but I follow the breadcrumbs. But this? 

You mean "he touched them over their clothing out of curiosity." They figured that  he was married now so he was cured of "curiosity." 🤢

• Angry 1
  • I Agree 1

Well for reasons I don’t think I really want to deeply understand that last post in this thread triggered memory of a hymn titled he touched me. It’s under the spoiler

Spoiler

And wait the Gaithers wrote this?  1963, that would explain why it was so prevalent in my church years from the early to mid 70s childhood.

Also lyrics below for those who don’t actually want to watch the Gaithers.

Spoiler

Shackled by a heavy burden, 'Neath a load of guilt and shame. Then the hand of Jesus touched me, And now I am no longer the same. He touched me, Oh He touched me, And oh the joy that floods my soul! Something happened and now I know, He touched me and made me whole. Since I met this blessed Savior, Since He cleansed and made me whole, I will never cease to praise Him, I'll shout it while eternity rolls. He touched me, Oh He touched me, And oh the joy that floods my soul! Something happened and now I know He touched me and made me whole.

I can maybe give the Duggar a pass for how they handled Josh's actions as a teenager (not really, they were terrible parents, but I will give them some leeway for being in unchartered waters at the time at least) but what twisted sick alternate reality did they live in that they ever thought it was okay to leave grown-up Josh in charge of their young kids (daughters!).  I pray that was just pretend for the show and in reality Grandma Mary or a stranger they hired off the street was really in charge and Josh was only present for the filming parts and was closely watched.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I can maybe give the Duggar a pass for how they handled Josh's actions as a teenager (not really, they were terrible parents, but I will give them some leeway for being in unchartered waters at the time at least) but what twisted sick alternate reality did they live in that they ever thought it was okay to leave grown-up Josh in charge of their young kids (daughters!).  I pray that was just pretend for the show and in reality Grandma Mary or a stranger they hired off the street was really in charge and Josh was only present for the filming parts and was closely watched.

I think with the Duggar family it is simple selfish desire takes precedence.

JB &M want to take a trip- they know Josh is wholly unsuitable to be in charge of kids, but their desire to take a trip and not have outsiders help is paramount.

Its the same with the adult children who continued to be around Josh and let their kids be around him on family nights, sweater parties. They wanted to be in favour with JB, get the house, the income (they were due but not properly paid), the job on Duggar time so they let that desire win over any doubts or concerns.

Jeremy fundamentally disagreed on theological and lifestyle issues, but he went along because his desire for fame was greater.

Derick apparently disagreed with everyone and everything but played along and even made a video thanking Josh for a donation, because his desire to grift override it.

• Upvote 12

Josh wasn’t left in charge of the kids because Jim Bob and Michelle went on a trip. It was an emergency. Michelle went into early labor with Josie and had to be flown to Little Rock while the older girls were off in another country on a mission. I think in the episode they mentioned a neighbor who was a widow would normally be able to help but she was out of town as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

I’m not sure if this is new information. In Touch reported that Jana has sold the building that used to be the tattoo parlor for over $100,000 more than the purchase price.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I’m not sure if this is new information. In Touch reported that Jana has sold the building that used to be the tattoo parlor for over $100,000 more than the purchase price.

Happy appeal money Josh! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic