IGNORED

Jana Duggar 15: Paying her court fine on Duggar time

HerNameIsBuffy

14 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I’m not sure if this is new information. In Touch reported that Jana has sold the building that used to be the tattoo parlor for over $100,000 more than the purchase price.

Correction JB did. I doubt Jana actually profited in any way, in this matter. Now maybe if there was a tax bill due, JB would hand it off to her-

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Time for Jana to take a cue from the Dillards, IMO. Take that money and run!

Not that I think she actually would, or would think to, or want to, or even that she really has any access to that money at all. But in my imagination she should grab that cash and go buy a condo or something, get a job, and let her parents finish raising their own kids. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Not that I think she actually would, or would think to, or want to, or even that she really has any access to that money at all. But in my imagination she should grab that cash and go buy a condo or something, get a job, and let her parents finish raising their own kids. 

It would be hard to be on JB’s bad side/shunned list as a single person. Jill has a supportive family to help. Jana would have…

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It would be hard to be on JB’s bad side/shunned list as a single person. Jill has a supportive family to help. Jana would have…

Probably Jill and Derrick. Jinger and Jeremy and JD probably wouldn't cut her off entirely. Probably Amy, and some non-insane extended family. Plus she can make friends, live her life, maybe even call up Sarah Maxwell and see how she's doing with her own place. Find a church, make friends there. Go to a therapist, like Jill. 

How much help would she need, really, that she couldn't find elsewhere than from JimBoob? She knows how to run a house, she's old enough to legally do whatever she wants, and the amount of money from the sale of that building would set her up long enough she could even take classes and gain some skills to help her get a better job. 

People move out all the time with little to no support from their families, and do fine. Jana has advantages many people don't have - from money and experience to the fact that she's a former reality show celeb who could monetize that, either by building a social media presence or by going the tell-all route. 

I'm not saying she would do any of that. It'd probably never occur to her. And I'm not saying it wouldn't be a difficult thing to do if she did. But she could, if she wanted. 

JimBob thinks he's the king of his little empire, but really all he has is the purse strings and threats about hell. That's a lot, but it's not insurmountable. And the more money that goes toward Josh and his crimes, the less influence he has on the other kids. And the more likely they are to realize that they can do at least as well without JimBob's blessing.

• Upvote 14

I wish she would buy a fixer type of home and move in with Laura as her roommate. They could figure out the money situation. 

• Upvote 7

On 4/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, socalrules said:

Josh wasn’t left in charge of the kids because Jim Bob and Michelle went on a trip. It was an emergency. Michelle went into early labor with Josie and had to be flown to Little Rock while the older girls were off in another country on a mission. I think in the episode they mentioned a neighbor who was a widow would normally be able to help but she was out of town as well.

I don't think anyone (including Josh) ever considered for a moment history would repeat itself and there was even a chance of the girls being molested. When we all hear Josh's name, it's the first thing we think about. But to the Duggars, it was a closed and nearly forgotten chapter from a distant past.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wish she would buy a fixer type of home and move in with Laura as her roommate. They could figure out the money situation. 

Is it just me or does Laura give off annoying judgey vibes? Not quite Ashley slayer level but still? 
i dunno if I would wanna live with her, I mean if I was of similar Judgeyness level as her like Jana is. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I’d be really surprised if Jana was given free access to the profit from the sale. More likely, Josh’s legal bills have a ‘payment due’ stamp on them before the lawyers proceed with the appeal. JB probably had to pay a high retainer before the trial and that’s probably run out.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 4/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, Alisamer said:

At the same time I don’t think Jana would ever be truly alienated since she’s the OG sister mom. Didn’t the kids buy her several dozen roses for Mother’s Day a few years ago? 

If anything she is the one who can splinter the family because kids will stick with the one who raised them.

• Upvote 8

On 4/6/2022 at 9:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Laura is a paid IBLP employee who came to the sinking borg as an adult. Sadly I wish they were just besties too but it's always seemed like something more sinister to me ever since I learned her background and that she was still an IBLP employee while following Jana everywhere. Why would a financially sinking org pay for someone to be Jana's BFF. The whole thing just seems weird. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Jana has been around the IBLP a long time- she probably knows where some of the bodies are buried. And other than JB, she doesn’t have a headship to keep her in line. With Laura, Jana gets a friend her own age who she can travel with and do other things she can’t do with her younger or married sisters, and IBLP keeps an eye on what she does and says.

• Upvote 4

On 4/6/2022 at 11:38 AM, Alisamer said:

If the building is held in her name, the check for its sale will be in her name. 

On 4/8/2022 at 12:04 AM, Idlewild said:

I’d be really surprised if Jana was given free access to the profit from the sale. More likely, Josh’s legal bills have a ‘payment due’ stamp on them before the lawyers proceed with the appeal. JB probably had to pay a high retainer before the trial and that’s probably run out.

Again, if she owns the property, the sales check will be in her name. JB can't step in and demand that the check be made out to him.

• Eyeroll 3

Michelle doesn't seem like she's in good health. Jana and Laura are living at home to help Michelle with the minor at home kids or maybe just take care of Michelle.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3

42 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Michelle doesn't seem like she's in good health. Jana and Laura are living at home to help Michelle with the minor at home kids or maybe just take care of Michelle.

What's wrong with Michelle's health?

20 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

What's wrong with Michelle's health?

Nothing official, but when she was on television, she often seemed very dazed, confused, and "out-of-it".   She is also rumored to have had COVID and was quite sick although not bad enough to require hospitalization. 

• Eyeroll 2

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

If the building is held in her name, the check for its sale will be in her name. 

Again, if she owns the property, the sales check will be in her name. JB can't step in and demand that the check be made out to him.

This is the same thing people said about the TV show, that working adults had to be directly paid (not JB getting the check and doling it out, or not), and yet, never a lick of proof-

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Nothing official, but when she was on television, she often seemed very dazed, confused, and "out-of-it".   She is also rumored to have had COVID and was quite sick although not bad enough to require hospitalization. 

Was this before or after Josh’s trial and conviction?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This is the same thing people said about the TV show, that working adults had to be directly paid (not JB getting the check and doling it out, or not), and yet, never a lick of proof-

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

What proof do you want? A copy of the check?

I've owned an LLC and there is no way a bank would have made out a check to my father. That would be against the law (and weird, too). If an LLC is in Jana's name, only Jana can legally receive funds.

Fundie patriarchy cannot overrule the UCC and other state laws.

The show is a different story. If the contract was between JB and the production company. It would be up to JB to dole out the funds.

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:51 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Didn’t the kids buy her several dozen roses for Mother’s Day a few years ago? 

I find this sad. SAHD is not new to me, of course, but it just suddenly hit me anew what a warped culture they've created.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Her bones must be like damp sawdust. I also wonder what long-term effects being pregnant or nursing for most of her reproductive life has had on her endocrine system and everything else.

Edited by rosamundi
spelling
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

I don't know if Michelle has illnesses or problems, but the family does seem to be protecting her or she's withdrawing from the public.  She didn't attend Josh's trial.  She's made no public statements or appearances.  The only time we see her is in photos on Duggar websites or the background of videos from her children.  It reminds me of the time after her last miscarriage when she withdrew for a time.  Later it was rumored that she'd stayed in her bed with the kids having to wait on her.  She could have a long term or chronic medical condition like long COVID or an autoimmune disease or she could be mourning Josh's situation.  

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

Michelle looked healthy enough when she visited Jinger in CA. But her issue may be more mental than physical. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Maybe the trip was to get her out of town for a change of scenary to see if it helped her.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

I find this sad. SAHD is not new to me, of course, but it just suddenly hit me anew what a warped culture they've created.

This entire family is like an onion, just layers of sadness and dysfunction. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 12

9 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

What proof do you want? A copy of the check?

I've owned an LLC and there is no way a bank would have made out a check to my father. That would be against the law (and weird, too). If an LLC is in Jana's name, only Jana can legally receive funds.

Fundie patriarchy cannot overrule the UCC and other state laws.

The show is a different story. If the contract was between JB and the production company. It would be up to JB to dole out the funds.

the cheque maybe in her name but does the account she deposits in have to be too?

No snark, I would assume if it is your money you can deposit it into any account you want too.

• Upvote 7

Even if she deposits into an account with her name on it, she can then transfer it almost anywhere or write a check to someone else.  

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic