IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 44 - Fate in the hands of the jury

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, SimplyMe said:

Quick booster shot info while we anxiously await the verdict.  All 3 Pfizer for me - had sore arm after #1, sore arm, headache and swollen lymph node after #2, thought booster would be easy, but I felt so much worse after it.  Feverish, achy and laid up in bed for 2 days.  I began shaking uncontrollably within 6 hours, hot shower helped, but by 12 hours, had a fever, body aches, chills.  I alternated Tylenol and Advil - kinda sucked, but whatever, got through it and am glad to have the protection.  

After the second when I got sick, I figured if I did with the booster, I would just stay in bed. I had plenty to binge on Netflix and my husband took care of things around the house. Though him grocery shopping is a whole new horror in itself. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

I've got Garrett Fergeson and Anna Darling of KNWA & FOX24 twitter up and neither have said anything. Nor the sun.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Hey Everyone!  I just saw this in the DuggarSnark subreddit and thought this might be something others would be interested in participating in (mods please delete if this is violating some rules).  There's an organization near the duggars called Children's Safety Center that aims to help kids who have experienced physical and sexual violence.  Someone posted a personal story and started people donating to this group (https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/rb841k/childrens_safety_center_in_springdale_arkansas/).  So far they've raised $5000.  If anyone is interested, take a look here: https://www.childrenssafetycenter.org/make-a-donation/.

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

Also her point about not.having the training to know what you can't include (i.e the jury). I was a journalism major and part of it is taking law courses, so that you can understand just what you can and can"t print.

And the point that she was worried that the Duggar information that she was giving the reporters would affect the reporting of the trial. That is indeed a huge responsibility

• Upvote 7

Just now, SeekingAdventure said:

I guess you guys can go pee or shower after all? 🤣

Ha!  It we all go do something off line the verdict will come in while we're gone.  I'm going to go make dinner.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Ha!  It we all go do something off line the verdict will come in while we're gone.  I'm going to go make dinner.

Ha ha! You’re probably right.  

I keep thinking, it's not that late, it's not even 3pm yet. Then I remember California is not Arkansas.

I'm blaming the booster

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

After the second when I got sick, I figured if I did with the booster, I would just stay in bed. I had plenty to binge on Netflix and my husband took care of things around the house. Though him grocery shopping is a whole new horror in itself. 

I stupidly got the booster the day before my birthday - I really thought I wouldn’t react.  I had lunch and dinner plans that had to be cancelled because I was laid up in bed.  

Honestly though, I’m glad I did it when I did because I happened to drive by a drive-up vaccine site and asked if I needed an appt - they said I didn’t, so I got it done then and there.  No anxious, sleepless nights worrying about it, which was nice. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

Hey Everyone!  I just saw this in the DuggarSnark subreddit and thought this might be something others would be interested in participating in (mods please delete if this is violating some rules).  There's an organization near the duggars called Children's Safety Center that aims to help kids who have experienced physical and sexual violence.  Someone posted a personal story and started people donating to this group (https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/rb841k/childrens_safety_center_in_springdale_arkansas/).  So far they've raised $5000.  If anyone is interested, take a look here: https://www.childrenssafetycenter.org/make-a-donation/.

I'm curious if we'll find out what the final total is. A lot of people donated after they reposted it. I didn't see it the first time around.

• Upvote 1

Well, since it keeps me distracted, I guess I'm gonna keep asking questions.

I know that they said Jury is not allowed to research the case etc, or also witnesses aren't allowed to. But jurors still go home, right?  Or Jill, for example. Not saying anyone did, but if they can go home, talk to their families, how can it be assured that nobody is researching?

I really appreciate the booster stories! I’m planning to get it regardless of what other people experienced, but I like to have some idea of what to expect. There is nobody I know irl who had such a bad time with the second shot as I did and the lack of data is mainly what has kept me nervous.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, viii said:

I can’t think of cooking right now so I’m adulting properly and eating a lunchable 😂

Mr. Daisy is bringing home pizza for supper.  I'm not cooking tonight.😆

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, SimplyMe said:

I stupidly got the booster the day before my birthday - I really thought I wouldn’t react.  I had lunch and dinner plans that had to be cancelled because I was laid up in bed.  

Honestly though, I’m glad I did it when I did because I happened to drive by a drive-up vaccine site and asked if I needed an appt - they said I didn’t, so I got it done then and there.  No anxious, sleepless nights worrying about it, which was nice. 

I have to say, I’m a bit nervous about the side effects this time around, specially being pregnant and already feeling blah most days, haha. Hoping I’m one of the luckier ones who doesn’t feel much. Still super glad I got boosted though! 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 12

Surely we'll hear in the next 30mins or so if the jury are going to stop until tomorrow or continue late.  If they continue late, then they'll be close to a verdict.  Going to tomorrow, means they think it will take longer and aren't as close to a consensus.
I can't imagine the judge will allow a hung jury after only an afternoon of talks.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, viii said:

I can’t think of cooking right now so I’m adulting properly and eating a lunchable 😂

I’ve been stuffing mini-marshmallows in my face while waiting for my tea to steep 😅

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

I was going to get mine in the middle of the week but ended up changing my appointment to a Friday after work. There were plenty of appointments. So I spent the weekend in bed.... it was better than using a sick day at work. Save those for hooky days! 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

I really appreciate the booster stories! I’m planning to get it regardless of what other people experienced, but I like to have some idea of what to expect. There is nobody I know irl who had such a bad time with the second shot as I did and the lack of data is mainly what has kept me nervous.

I haven’t seen any research on it either, but I thought I’d ask the public health nurse who did my booster today - she said they don’t have data yet on how side effects compare after the booster vs. the second. I’m happy to update about mine though! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic