IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 44 - Fate in the hands of the jury

HerNameIsBuffy

I’m getting gas midway through my 5 hour drive. Maybe there will be a real verdict the next time I stop!

• Upvote 5

This stresses me out, oh my… I hope at least tomorrow’s the day we get the verdict then. Waiting gives me such a bad feeling. 

This (below) is kinda how I’m feeling about the trial, though I don’t claim any semblance to the super cute kitty. 

Spoiler

77C33714-6844-4B50-9722-59B4D329DCEC.gif.d6fc1ce466e3935161988a6e677ec161.gif

Edited by FluffySnowball
Clarification
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, RosyDaisy said:

Mr. Daisy is bringing home pizza for supper.  I'm not cooking tonight.😆

That's what we had, too. 😊

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Well, since it keeps me distracted, I guess I'm gonna keep asking questions.

I know that they said Jury is not allowed to research the case etc, or also witnesses aren't allowed to. But jurors still go home, right?  Or Jill, for example. Not saying anyone did, but if they can go home, talk to their families, how can it be assured that nobody is researching?

It's mostly on the honor system (for non-sequestered jurors), but the judge will tell them that if they do go home and research, and it's found out, the verdict can be overturned. So it's in the best interest of everyone to keep your word and stay away from news until the verdict is reached.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

7 minutes ago, MedicineWoman said:

My booster was the easiest of my three. My arm was really sore though and I slept well

I was the same way.  

• Love 2

FAR OUT....I absolutely HAVE to write a 2,000 word article today then an editorial, check designer proofs, write captions and get it off to printer by tmrw and it's 10am and I have only answered a few emails. I've going to have to switch off my internet. I have no self control.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I know that they said Jury is not allowed to research the case etc, or also witnesses aren't allowed to. But jurors still go home, right?  Or Jill, for example. Not saying anyone did, but if they can go home, talk to their families, how can it be assured that nobody is researching?

When they're not sequestered, it can't be. The only remedy is if a juror says something that makes it plain they were disobeying the judge's orders, and the judge gets word of it, there could be consequences for them and the trial. So if they do that, they'd best keep their mouth shut about what they learned.

The one (2-week) civil trial I was on, I was careful not to do this. Of course I had a burning curiosity, but it would not have been the right thing. Wow did I learn some stuff after the trial was over though.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I was a little sore after my booster but that’s it. All 3 doses were Moderna. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

There is a lawyer posting on twitter and said most judges will let the deliberations go on until 6 30 to 7 and then offer them the chance to reconvene tomorrow. She said deliberating late is a good sigm,eams they are close. If they go home, possibly time to.worry about hung jury

• Upvote 1

Just left work and going to pick up tacos Mr. D ordered. Watch the verdict will come in then

• Upvote 3

My arm hurts quite a bit. It hurt after my first shot too. I got Pfizer. Also the flu shot.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Just now, IrishCarrie said:

Reddit says the jury has adjourned till tomorrow 😫😫😫

Are you F'ing kidding me?  What are they having trouble with?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1

1 minute ago, IrishCarrie said:

Oh no, really? Isn't that a bad thing?

• Sad 1

Just now, IrishCarrie said:

No!!!! 😭

At least I’ll have bucketloads of chicken and dumplings to stress eat all day long tomorrow… and I’m working in the morning which will keep me occupied… 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Well at least I’m getting y neglect laundry folded at warp speed … nervous energy. 

I have two loads of towels in my laundry room that asked for you to come on over to visit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Reddit says the jury has adjourned till tomorrow [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]
Reliable sources this time? At least I can go to bed now [emoji28]
  • I Agree 1

I was told to rest and hydrate! hydrate! hydrate! after Covid vaccine - like 2x as much water as you would think. Supposedly it minimizes side effects.

I tried it after my second shot and definitely had fewer side effects than after my first.  Because of the water? Who knows - but I’ll be swigging water again after my booster. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic