IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 44 - Fate in the hands of the jury

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I feel sick. If he gets away this time he will start all over again. 

Yes, he will and this time he might not watch but go back to his old ways. 

• I Agree 2

Just now, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Is the jury going home or did they simply ask to go home?

and is this a bad sign?

Some people are saying it is a bad sign, that the jury could be hung. 

• Upvote 2

Is the fact that they’re now adjourned for a night a bad thing? Like is it more likely there’s a hung jury?

Edit: sorry, someone else asked the same question right above me!

Edited by Keys

My year with vaccines: Pfizer, Pfizer, Shingles, Shingles, Pfizer, and flu. FYI, I’m tired of being poked. 

Edited to say, sick with them all.

Edited by Jaedzia
Sick
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 4

Just now, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Is the jury going home or did they simply ask to go home?

and is this a bad sign?

The judge released them until 0830 tomorrow morning per the local news station. 

• Upvote 3

At times like this I wish I were a drinker. Sadly alcohol does not agree with me. For feck's sake! I feel like bursting into flames. 

Can any legal eagles tell us how common this is? I have watched 1000s of crime documentaries for the past ten years and have seen guilty verdicts come from a few hour's deliberation and a few day's deliberation. Should we really be worried?

• Upvote 4

Just now, libgirl2 said:

Yes, he will and this time he might not watch but go back to his old ways. 

This is just frustrating. But hopefully they are just sitting their I's and crossing their t's.

• Upvote 4

I hope Josh has the worst sleep of his life tonight.  

Edited by ContrastingButtons
  • Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Keys said:

I haven’t seen any research on it either, but I thought I’d ask the public health nurse who did my booster today - she said they don’t have data yet on how side effects compare after the booster vs. the second. I’m happy to update about mine though! 

I had the J&J first and very mild side effects (same as flu shot).  I got Moderna as a booster, same thing: very mild side effects.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On the up side, I can get some work done. On the down side I'm pissed that he gets another night "free". Fuck me running.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

A bit of unscientific googling is reassuring.

A quick verdict is usually innocent - there was doubts.

To do their job properly for a guilty verdict, they need to go over all the evidence (which in this case is long and technical) and then come to conclusions.

They haven't been in long considering.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 12

I can't believe there is any debate over this. Smuggers smug ass probably just got even smugglier thinking he has a chance of getting off 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

It’s not at all shocking that there’s no verdict so far. I would have been way more surprised if there was one today. They’ve only been deliberating for 4-ish hours about exhausting stuff. They are probably tired and want to go home. 

Four hours is not a lot in jury deliberation time, plus there was lunch in there somewhere and loads of paperwork. 

Also, even if they're close, this jury did at one point ask for more mental health breaks (right?) so that could factor into the "calling it a night" instead of staying late business. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 3

Ugh, I'm not totally surprised or crazy worried (but a little worried, I won't lie to you good FJers) that they are deliberating into tomorrow.

But also, I have to be in court myself tomorrow. All day. For multiple cases that will be stressful. HOW WILL I MONITOR FJ WHILE ALSO CROSS EXAMINING?

Do you think the judge will understand? I can maybe ask for an adjournment??

ETA that as a self-proclaimed legal eagle (but also proclaimed in the sense that, yes, I am a Degreed Law Professional) I actually don't think it's crazy concerning that they're still deliberating. It's stressful, but I don't think they've had enough hours to make a call about which way they are leaning.

Edited by OrchidBlossom
Very Legal Opinion
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 25

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Looks like this was initiated by the judge

Yes, that seems to me to indicate we can’t really read anything into it. Lawyer on Reddit said if jury stays late, they are close, but if they ask to go home, could indicate moving toward hung jury. But if the judge called them back in, it could mean he just wants to close up shop for the night.

• Upvote 15

3 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

Does any one know what the jury is made up of ? Men, women , race , age, ect ?

I heard a podcast where they had the demographics - I'll try and find it as I don't recall any except there was a graphic designer.

• Upvote 3

DuggarData has been stressing this week that you really can't read much from how long a jury deliberates.

Let's try not to lose hope just yet

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 7

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

Four hours is not a lot in jury deliberation time, plus there was lunch in there somewhere and loads of paperwork. 

Also, even if they're close, this jury did at one point ask for more mental health breaks (right?) so that could factor into the "calling it a night" instead of staying late business. 

Yea, the might not have gotten a lot of time to deliberate with lunch and all the perliminaries. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Ugh, I'm not totally surprised or crazy worried (but a little worried, I won't lie to you good FJers) that they are deliberating into tomorrow.

But also, I have to be in court myself tomorrow. All day. For multiple cases that will be stressful. HOW WILL I MONITOR FJ WHILE ALSO CROSS EXAMINING?

Do you think the judge will understand? I can maybe ask for an adjournment??

Jim Bob is going to allow your adjournment.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 32

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic