IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 44 - Fate in the hands of the jury

HerNameIsBuffy

37 minutes ago, gustava said:

Going far out on  a limb here:  guilty verdict by noon.  If not by noon, then the jury is hung, with one dissenter.

No way will the judge let them off the hook that fast.  He'll keep sending them back to reconsider, especially if there is only one or two dissenters out of 12. He doesn't want to deal with another trial. 

But a hung jury could happen. White, "Christian", good-ole Arkansas boy. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I think Josh’s attorneys may have made some in the jury to consider there could be reasonable doubt especially after Matthew waller’s testimony. Unfortunately. 

That’s my worry too. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, molecule said:

The wife should never be the husband's accountability partner. That person should be someone who is able to chew Josh out as needed. I can't see Anna doing that. 

No one should be anyone's accountability partner.  It defeats the idea of personal responsibility.

But in their twisted sick culture, Anna has been taught to obey the man, and also if the man falters its because she wasn't godly enough.  If she met his needs better and was a better example, he'd be fixed.

Its sick and twisted, but its what's they believe.  A rather impressive mindfuck of women having no agency but it still being all their fault.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, molecule said:

The wife should never be the husband's accountability partner. That person should be someone who is able to chew Josh out as needed. I can't see Anna doing that. 

This.  I felt the same way when the he was let out on bond and Anna was to be present when he saw his kids.  They see their wives as subordinates.  My boss doesn't put my reports in charge of reprimanding me, because that's not how it works.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Maybe Anna brought the kids over to the Rebers to spend some extra time with Daddy.  Maybe they finally told the kids that Daddy may be going away for a long time.  However, the kids have not (one hopes)  been spending nights under the same roof with Daddy for months.

It all sounds like speculation.

Well, if anyone could point out lying under oath, it would be JB. He seems to be an expert witness in this regard.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic