IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 38: Can't Believe I'm Typing This, but YAY Bobye Holt

HerNameIsBuffy

51 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I appreciate the way you describe things and use analogies. Analogies are such happy things for me. But I waited through three pages for someone to point out it's Vladimir, for no important reason at all, and no one did, so anyway. Vladimir Nabokov. Good book, but more for his particular style of prose and story structure, which isn't to everyone's taste. The story itself is so dated, but the mother character sticks with you, and the doorways and dinners. 

I had to roll my eyes at the faint familiarity of Intel1988. I, too, felt I'd seen or heard some part of it before...

What we've learned here is that I've really never read Lolita. I watched the Kubrick film because I had a near obligate Kubrick obsession as a teen, but that's where it ends. But y'all got the point. 😆

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Do you need an additional password to access the partitioned part of the computer? If so, and Matthew WAS given this information wouldn’t be be curious as to why this partition existed? Would he bring it to Anna’s attention or to his brothers?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Crystal ball posted new details content that is sick and twisted stuffof Josh’s CSAM. 

everyday I say this case can’t get worse and it does 

Were Anna and the Duggars in the room? 

Idk if this makes me a not so good person but, I want Anna, JB and Michelle to have to watch what the jury did, together.  It's impossible to view that together and excuse Josh, right?  At least see that he needs help and should not be around the general public. 

Have they actually seen it or they haven't and are pretending it just pictures; like naked ladies in those magazines?

This is nauseating.   Mammas go hold your babies all night long stuff.  Those poor children.  How could Justin leave the court that way?  He couldn't have seen it. Or, he did and he's having a mental break. 

47 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I don't get their argument. Why would Caleb Williams do this on Josh's computer, knowing that Josh had Covenant Eyes and that he was being monitored by Anna? And he wasn't even there that long--wouldn't there have been a more convenient place for him to do this? Or are they trying to say the he was  doing this as sabotage to get Josh in trouble? 

Idk but "stretching" and " reaching" arguments are like that. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

How could Justin leave the court that way?  He couldn't have seen it. Or, he did and he's having a mental break. 

Justin didn't see or hear the testimony on the video/pictures.  He left 1/2 through today's proceedings.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9

32 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

They are not accusing anyone, just raising the possibility that any one other than Josh could have done it and law enforcement just became focused on Josh and didn’t follow up.  If Matt Waller has familiarity with the password, who else might?  If Caleb Williams is a convicted sex offender, why wasn’t he looked at more closely?  If someone else was around (a customer who asked to use the toilet—if there is one) was that someone else checked out?   They are not pointing the finger at any one person, so no libel/slander.  

Remember the computer in question has a large monitor, and is in a trailer the size of a toll booth with large windows. There’s no sneakily using that computer if anyone else is nearby. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Remember the computer in question has a large monitor, and is in a trailer the size of a toll booth with large windows. There’s no sneakily using that computer if anyone else is nearby. 

They did say 2 windows had blinds but, yeah.  It's most likely not very busy and the person in that booth would be able to see anyone coming and close the illegal  computer stuff down in plenty of time.  I imagine.  If I remember correctly,  it's in the middle of nowhere on the side of the road. 

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I don't know but I doubt it.  I've only been a juror in  local case, not Federal.  All we got was a parking pass and $5 per day.  I agree that these jurors will likely need access to mental health care, but they might have to get it on their own.

The judge in the case I had made sure mental health professionals were on hand/call for jurors and parties to talk to. Reading the descriptions today brought back what I saw, although the images in my case were nowhere near as grotesque (that's not the right word but as close as I can come).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 11

On 12/1/2021 at 8:46 PM, SPHASH said:

I watched her once and that was 11 minutes of my life I will never get back.  She's so full of shit her eyes are brown.

Or as Jinkx Monsoon said at Rupaul's roast, "You're so full of shit, the toilet is jealous."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

I wonder if he is just automatically doing that stupid thumbs up pose because he doesn’t know how to respond.  (“Hey, I am a Duggar and we are all winners.  I am here to say that my dad is the best candidate and I thank you for showing up to this rally…. No, wait!  Wrong venue.  Heck, I don’t know how to react about my brother’s crimes so… okay.  I am out of here. Thumbs up.”)

Maybe thumbs up is his default pose (I keep thinking of Nathan Keller).  That smile is a whole other story, though.

If someone is going to go through the trouble of setting up a Linux partition for privacy, then leaving the password around would seem to be a contradiction.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

If someone is going to go through the trouble of setting up a Linux partition for privacy, then leaving the password around would seem to be a contradiction.

I think the partition was really just to get around Covenant Eyes. No need to go too much further hiding things, it’s unlikely anyone else would go digging through random cache folders on the partition if they even noticed the partition existed. It was Joshley’s computer really, the desktop was a big photo of him and Anna and the kids. 

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 13

20 minutes ago, Antimony said:

What we've learned here is that I've really never read Lolita. I watched the Kubrick film because I had a near obligate Kubrick obsession as a teen, but that's where it ends. But y'all got the point. 😆

The movie is just a movie. The novel is a masterpiece.  It is not my favorite of his works (and I no longer have patience with modernist writing) but it is brilliant.  I am always sorry that the term “Lolita” has come to be associated with a certain type of flirty preteen. Lolita is a victim. She is ultimately not as interesting as the narrator, but that’s the point.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Maybe thumbs up is his default pose (I keep thinking of Nathan Keller).  That smile is a whole other story, though.

I am hoping beyond hope that Justin's stupid grin and thumbs up was an instinct reaction that came after literally spending his entire life performing 'happy family' for the cameras at his parents' instance.  Sort of like Pavlov's dog: see a camera and automatically smile and act happy.  The alternative is that he was truly giddy after spending a morning in court and that is just too sad to think about.  I am sure the Josh's lawyers are seeing these pictures and shaking their heads at the stupidity of this family.

• Upvote 17

25 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

Do you need an additional password to access the partitioned part of the computer? If so, and Matthew WAS given this information wouldn’t be be curious as to why this partition existed? Would he bring it to Anna’s attention or to his brothers?

You needed an additional password but it was idiotically simple.  

No one is suggesting that Matthew was given the information by Josh.  The suggestion is that the partition was there and the password was not well-concealed so anyone could have used it to download the CSAM.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I am hoping beyond hope that Justin's stupid grin and thumbs up was an instinct reaction that came after literally spending his entire life performing 'happy family' for the cameras at his parents' instance.  Sort of like Pavlov's dog: see a camera and automatically smile and act happy.  The alternative is that he was truly giddy after spending a morning in court and that is just too sad to think about.  I am sure the Josh's lawyers are seeing these pictures and shaking their heads at the stupidity of this family.

I am rewatching now, actually, for this exact reason, some of the 19KAC episodes that have survived on Youtube to try to see if I can get clips of Justin's personality. As a kid on there, I recall him being pretty goofy, saying things he thought would be funny, etc, hamming it up and that clips have, so far, only reinforced that. 

• Upvote 6

If anyone wants to listen to something that might give them a bit more hope in society, I would recommend the podcast Hunting Warhead (https://www.cbc.ca/listen/cbc-podcasts/387-hunting-warhead).  It's about finding the people that set up some of these networks and might have actually had a hand in distributing the material Josh was downloading.  Yes it is disturbing, but in the end the 'good guys' win. 

• Upvote 13

A question about Derrick's presence in the courtroom.  A few people have suggested that it is so he can relay information to Jill.  But if she is sequestered, and can't hear other witnesses, wouldn't he be barred from sharing information with her as well?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

44 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Idk if this makes me a not so good person but, I want Anna, JB and Michelle to have to watch what the jury did, together.  It's impossible to view that together and excuse Josh, right?  At least see that he needs help and should not be around the general public. 

Have they actually seen it or they haven't and are pretending it just pictures; like naked ladies in those magazines?

I doubt they've seen it. But even if they hear what it is or view it, the problem is that I don't think that (Anna, at least) will believe that Josh downloaded it. She will blame someone else. Anyone else. The government, Satan, an ex-employee, a brother, anyone but her husband. Sunken cost fallacy + cult indoctrination + financial helplessness would make it hard for her to abandon the cognitive dissonance she seems to have about Josh and his ... quality level as a human.

Not saying it is impossible for her to break away, and she's culpable for not doing so.

As for JB+M, they may well think he actually did do it. Who knows.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Did any news outlets publish pictures or a video of Anna and Smuggar leaving the court house today?  I am curious if she was as clingy to him after hearing more of the evidence today.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 6

God I hate my curious nature. I read the sun article and I cried for 10 min. I want to keep my baby girl safe inside me forever.

Mr. Dilly said IF Josh is acquitted, he will not be able to show his face in public. Many people won't take kindly to this and might try to take justice in their own hands. 

Edited by SillyDillys
I promise I know my grammar
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 19

59 minutes ago, ven said:

Its in the media all over , sorry 

Yes but the point is that if someone googles the name of the video, FJ really does not want to come up in the search results. 

49 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

Maybe they really WERE putting car info stuff on the Linux side 🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

God I hate my curious nature. I read the sun article and I cried for 10 min. I want to keep my baby girl safe inside me forever.

Mr. Dilly said IF Josh is acquitted, he will not be able to show his face in public. Many people won't take kindly to this and might try to take justice in their own hands. 

I went and laid down with my daughter after reading it. I didn’t know what else to do except somehow protect her and love her

• Upvote 1
  • Love 21

They could be using the partition for anything really. There are plenty of legit reasons to have a partition (I had one set aside as my scratch disk for Photoshop at one point). He could even have given out the password and still had csa material on there. Bury it under a couple layers of innocuous sounding folders, make sure other employees either aren’t there alone or are busy when they are there, and chances are they’d never see it. 
I doubt many of them were spending hours in the tiny trailer nosing around on the pc. If they were bored they’d be online or using their own phones. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I doubt they've seen it. But even if they hear what it is or view it, the problem is that I don't think that (Anna, at least) will believe that Josh downloaded it. She will blame someone else. Anyone else. The government, Satan, an ex-employee, a brother, anyone but her husband. Sunken cost fallacy + cult indoctrination + financial helplessness would make it hard for her to abandon the cognitive dissonance she seems to have about Josh and his ... quality level as a human.

Not saying it is impossible for her to break away, and she's culpable for not doing so.

As for JB+M, they may well think he actually did do it. Who knows.

I guess I feel like somehow,  she doesn't know the details and she must know them asap.  Honestly,  if it weren't this sort of IFB family,  I wouldn't even be thinking this way.  Idk if that's what is happening or it's because I can't fathom standing next to the sex pest for prior offense, nevermind this. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Beermeet said:

I guess I feel like somehow,  she doesn't know the details and she must know them asap.  Honestly,  if it weren't this sort of IFB family,  I wouldn't even be thinking this way.  Idk if that's what is happening or it's because I can't fathom standing next to the sex pest for prior offense, nevermind this. 

Even if she doesn't know details, she knows what she needs. CSAM is CSAM, and I believe she was in the room when the prosecutor said children as young as seven. Unfortunately, I think she's just... gonna stick with him.

Though there is a part of me that feels the same. That surely, surely, surely she can't actually know any details, right? But I think she must.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, OldFadedStar said:

I went and laid down with my daughter after reading it. I didn’t know what else to do except somehow protect her and love her

It will be OK, mama.  Big hugs.  I feel you rn.

It's a good reminder to be vigilant but remember,  we already are compared to the families we discuss here. And, seriously,  keep children off SM. Text your relatives pics or mail them.  Prior to SM,  CSAM was limited.  

This material is serious and the Feds came to Josh.  I have faith justice will be served.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic