IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

They said in the video their shortlist of babie names are: Milo, Henry, Cash, Charles, Archie, Theo or Theodore (and going by Theo or Teddy), Harvey and Suede.

Milo is already discarded and they have two strong contenders among the rest of the names. Based on the faces and comments they made i am thinking Cash and Theodore.

• Thank You 4

5 hours ago, llucie said:

They said in the video their shortlist of babie names are: Milo, Henry, Cash, Charles, Archie, Theo or Theodore (and going by Theo or Teddy), Harvey and Suede.

Milo is already discarded and they have two strong contenders among the rest of the names. Based on the faces and comments they made i am thinking Cash and Theodore.

With Suede I keep thinking of the designer on Project Runway who referred to himself in third person. "Suede likes this challenge. Suede is tired."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

With Suede I keep thinking of the designer on Project Runway who referred to himself in third person. "Suede likes this challenge. Suede is tired."

When I read "Suede", my favorite Weird Al parody came to mind:

image.png.f99125f78b8e4a8d8f3325408b0ab9f8.png  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

No way will they have Kade, Zade, Weston Slade and Suede! And Suede would be the worst name in that group. I don’t see Travis agreeing on a non-traditional name. I think they see themselves as a classy couple and wouldn’t want to be perceived as trashy. It seems so odd that Travis would even consider the name Cash. My only association of the name Cash would be money, and it just seems so un-Christian. I don’t know what other people think when they hear the name Cash. And Cash Clark doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

• Upvote 5

Also under consideration is Crew. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

In my opinion, either Henry, Charles or Theodore are the best with the last name of Clark but I also tend to like names that are older ie) Madeleine rather than Madison. I do not like Cash or Suede at all! But not my kid, not my choice. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

In my opinion, either Henry, Charles or Theodore are the best with the last name of Clark but I also tend to like names that are older ie) Madeleine rather than Madison. I do not like Cash or Suede at all! But not my kid, not my choice. 

Why do I feel liked they copied the royal family with Henry, Charles and Archie. If they do Theordore and a J middle name they can call him Tj instead of Theo or Teddy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

No way will they have Kade, Zade, Weston Slade and Suede! And Suede would be the worst name in that group. I don’t see Travis agreeing on a non-traditional name. I think they see themselves as a classy couple and wouldn’t want to be perceived as trashy. It seems so odd that Travis would even consider the name Cash. My only association of the name Cash would be money, and it just seems so un-Christian. I don’t know what other people think when they hear the name Cash. And Cash Clark doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

Maybe they are thinking Johnny Cash? But that seems odd too. 

In Atlanta there was (or is) a traffic reporter whose nickname was Crash. He is Crash Clark. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I think Courtney Rogers, the one with 12 kids with C names, has a Cash in the bunch, as well as a Colt and a Clay.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, llucie said:

That’s a schizophrenic group of names, with some classic and some trendy. I suspect they have different taste and are having difficulty agreeing. If they do choose something like Cash or Crew (what’s with Crew, Cruz and Cruise among the Bateses? I think Crew or Cruz was on Carlin’s list), I would expect a traditional middle. 

I prefer classic names, so of that list, my picks would be Theodore and Charles. However, not my kid. 

• Upvote 4

Theodore is a top 10 boy's name now and Charles is returning with a mad vengeance.  The niece of a friend of mine named her newest son born last year Charles, and a former classmate of my son's is naming her son-to-be Charles, due next month.  

That said, they are the best of the bunch.  

Cash Clark sounds like a name of a male antagonist in a teen movie taking place in the South. Crew Clark sounds like the male antagonist's name in a teen movie taking place in the summer on Cape Cod, MA.  Suede Clark is the male antagonist in the teen movie taking place in Wyoming.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

This will be the year of Erin’s repeats if Tiff/Lawson have a William and Katie/Trav have a Charles. I don’t have a problem with repeating names, especially with family names which both of these are. However, I do think Katie would want to be more original, at least with her first son. Maybe #2 son could be Charles.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Why do I feel liked they copied the royal family with Henry, Charles and Archie. If they do Theordore and a J middle name they can call him Tj instead of Theo or Teddy.

Most of the names of the royal family are popular in the US right now. Charles, Henry, William, Andrew, Charlotte, Camila, and Elizabeth are all in the top 100. George, Katherine, and Harrison are in the 100s. They just like names that are popular in the US mixed with weird ass names like Suede. 

• Upvote 4

Heck, why not just name the kid Clark? 🤣

• Haha 11

On 6/14/2024 at 1:01 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Latest video - I confess I didn't watch it all because I couldn't handle much more of them. 

They discussed possible baby names. One is Cash. Do they not see the irony as "influencers?" Maybe they should consider a middle name of Cow or Grab.

"Cash Clark" sounds like the newest addition to the "Anchorman: the Legend of Ron Burgundy" team. He'd probably cover the stock market and know all the coolest nightclubs and where to get the best blow.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

After watching the video, Katie’s main criteria for a name seems to be that it’s “cute” or “cool.” Travis’s criteria seems to be that it fits well with Hailey’s name. They also said they knew almost immediately that Hailey’s name was the right one, but they’re having more trouble with a boy’s name. At least they’re considering how the name flows with their last name and how it fits with the overall family vibe. 

• Upvote 4

On 6/14/2024 at 9:10 PM, llucie said:

If they were truly classical, they would never consider Cash or Suede. I think they love trendy or even trashy names... sorry, but Cash??? They WANT to sound classy, but they are not.

I really like Henry and Theo. Is Harvey a common name for kids? It sounds as a grandpa name, but I'm not from the US so may be wrong. 

If Carson is now Charles, I think it's not nice to call the baby Charles. They are first cousins... There are thousand names!

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

If they were truly classical, they would never consider Cash or Suede. I think they love trendy or even trashy names... sorry, but Cash??? They WANT to sound classy, but they are not.

I really like Henry and Theo. Is Harvey a common name for kids? It sounds as a grandpa name, but I'm not from the US so may be wrong. 

If Carson is now Charles, I think it's not nice to call the baby Charles. They are first cousins... There are thousand names!

Travis has stated his preference for traditional names. I just checked the U.S. Social Security names list and Harvey is trending up, currently at 327. I’ve never met a Harvey and the only associations I have are Harvey Weinstein (ugh) and Harvey Specter from “Suits” (cool, sexy, smart, arrogant). On the other hand, I know a ton of Henrys in their 20s and younger, but none my own age (late 50s). It was still an old man name back then. I think that Theodore (Theo) is the best match of hip and traditional. Hailey and Theo go together nicely too.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

really like Henry and Theo. Is Harvey a common name for kids? It sounds as a grandpa name, but I'm not from the US so may be wrong. 

I think Harvey is one of those old-fashioned names that is just starting to come back into style in the US. I’ve never met a Harvey born later than about 1930. To me it sounds like not just a grandpa name, but an uncool grandpa name. However, I’m of a different generation than Katie and Travis.

I’m on team Theodore. It’s classic but currently trendy, sounds “classy” (though I think Katie has a different definition of the word than I do), and has lots of good nicknames. 

• Upvote 4

I’m team Theodore Charles or Henry Charles. Both sound good with Clark. 

If they want an H theme, they will go with Henry. But since they will have 3 kids, they might hate the thought of limiting themselves to one letter. 

The Coveretts have Hallie, Heidi, Hope, Hayden, Hunter, and Hazel. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

Cash seems to have been a Travis pick since Katie mentioned that the name was growing on her recently, and they aparently had already settled on that name if Hailey had been a boy. They did mention Johnny Cash as an inspiration for the name.

Their taste seems all over the place TBH. Travis likes both Crew and Charles. And Katie suggested both Theo and Suede. 

Crew has been in the baby name short list of a few siblings by now. Carlin/Evan and Trace/Lydia also had it in theirs. Just for that reason i think they will not choose it. Honestly dont know why they all like it so much.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I know a kid named Cash, who also lives in East Tennessee. Maybe it’s a thing there.

• Upvote 3

I remember when Katie and Travis were talking about the C boy name they liked (without saying it) back when they were having Hailey. They said someone famous had the name, but Katie didn’t like the nickname that she thought Travis would use. I can’t think of a nickname, and I don’t know if they were referring to Johnny Cash or Cash Warren? My guess at the time was Colson (Machine Gun Kelly’s name) and I think @JermajestyDuggar thought it could be Channing (Tatum). That made a lot of sense that Katie wouldn’t want to call him Chan. Now I think Colson would be too close to his cousin Kayson, but I think I prefer Channing to Cash or Crew.

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2024 at 6:46 PM, Kiki03910 said:

"Cash Clark" sounds like the newest addition to the "Anchorman: the Legend of Ron Burgundy" team. He'd probably cover the stock market and know all the coolest nightclubs and where to get the best blow.

Or he could be a game show host!   "... and here's your host, Caaaaaasssssh Clarrrrrrrk!" 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Kristen of Girl Defined has the last name Clark. She gave her older adopted boys from Ukrainian new names. And they do start with a C. They are Christian Clark and Caleb Clark. I’m surprised Katie isn’t more into names like that, 

• Upvote 1