IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 61

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinger Duggar Vuolo 61

So I may have missed this, but recently John MacArthur went on record saying that PTSD and OCD aren't real.

A few people tried the classic "he didn't actually say what he said on camera" excuse, but he recently did as all good patriarchs do and doubled down.

Have either of the Vuolos mentioned this? I don't recall Jinger ever discussing therapy or counseling in her book, but I know Jill did, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's discussed it with her sister. Does Jeremy have the guts to say that this is a place where Johnny Mac is actually way out of his lane?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Columbia said:

So I may have missed this, but recently John MacArthur went on record saying that PTSD and OCD aren't real.

A few people tried the classic "he didn't actually say what he said on camera" excuse, but he recently did as all good patriarchs do and doubled down.

Have either of the Vuolos mentioned this? I don't recall Jinger ever discussing therapy or counseling in her book, but I know Jill did, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's discussed it with her sister. Does Jeremy have the guts to say that this is a place where Johnny Mac is actually way out of his lane?

Jeremy doesn't strike me as possessing any sort of courage. His MO is to mansplain. I can't imagine him challenging his "superior", honestly.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Isn't Mac Daddy's name on Jeremy's paychecks? That might be enough to silence him, especially given what a suck up he is by nature.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I mentioned this on the last thread. MacArthur has said lots of crazy stuff over the years and Jeremy/Jinger have never spoken out about him. They were happy to put out a book bashing the ex cult leader of IBLP. But Mac lots of power, money, and control still. And Jinjer still need him. But they might cast him off once he’s lost his usefulness, 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Maybe they’re getting out of MaCartherism amd that’s why they’re selling their house. Maybe they’re gonna start fresh elsewhere.. 

• Upvote 2

John MacArthur really wants to be the next L. Ron Hubbard when it comes to mental health care and mental illness. He's been like this the entire time JinJer has been involved with him.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

Apparently, JINGER DUGGAR VUOLO has a new book coming out January 14, 2025:  “People Pleaser: Breaking Free from the Burden of Imaginary Expectations”. You can look up the title on Amazon for description.

A few comments:

The title of her book makes it seem like Jinger is still associating herself with “Free Jinger”!

I put her name in all caps in my post because her name is so big on the cover of her book.

Maybe Jinger got a big fat advance from the book and her and Mr. Duggar Vuolo are using it to move to bigger/better digs.

IMG_1852.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Thank You 7

I don’t think the Jerm wants to work, himself, to support his family. Jinger moved from one man who used her as his meal ticket to another. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

That hat is naff. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

She reminds me so much of the actress/singer/dancer Alyson Stoner in that photo. The comparison between the 2 women regarding childhood fame, abuse and anxiety also somewhat tracks. 

Edited by Mrs Ms
Misspelt the name
  • Upvote 3

I don't know why you'd release a "Christian" book 3 weeks after Christmas--it seems like you'd really try to get it before Christmas, to get in on the Christmas gift bump (the printed book market hasn't disappeared yet).

• Upvote 7

I also usually like Jinger's style, but this gown that looks like a velour bathrobe is not doing it for me. image.png.71d0baf2ff1ad42e7b1491e974f68205.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I don't know why you'd release a "Christian" book 3 weeks after Christmas--it seems like you'd really try to get it before Christmas, to get in on the Christmas gift bump (the printed book market hasn't disappeared yet).

Wasn’t Jill’s book supposed to come out after Christmas, but interest in it made them release it before? I wonder if that will happen in this case. Not that this would have the appeal of Jill’s tell-all. I never even read Jinger’s other books. It cracks me up that she’s got the “NYT best selling author” moniker. It’s a true statement, but I think only because people wondered if she’d spill any dirt on her family so they purchased the other “I’m So Freeeee” book. Not sure how much the “people pleasing” subject will sell. But, “best selling author” is her claim to fame and probably her ticket in the door to celebrity shmooze-fests that her and Mr. Duggar Vuolo like to attend.  

It’s hard for me to see Jinger as “not a people pleaser” when her religion insists women must submit to men. I also thought she said in her book something about how could she know what’s best for herself? I forget if she was supposed to ask God or Jeremy what her thoughts were.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Jinger's gown overwhelms her frame. I would also says it's to mature a style for her. 

• Upvote 7

That dress is possibly even worse than JRod’s grey dress. Is lamé a thing among fundies now? 

“Breaking free of the burden of imaginary expectations,” huh. Jinger’s insecurities seem incongruous with her down-home family.

• Upvote 3

I don’t feel comfortable commenting on her clothing because, as far as I know, she doesn’t try and tell other women what to wear. 

As to the new book, I can see that being a decent seller. I know I struggled with people pleasing as a young woman.

My middle age has freed me from that in many ways. Maturity and the process of raising my daughters and sons has given me the wisdom and insight to realize I needed to make some changes. 

I was well into my 40’s before I decided that my desire to help was not going to be used against me as a weapon by demanding and unreasonable people.  

If you want me to tune out and guarantee my answer will be , “No,” then start a sentence with “What you ought to do is. . .” I am also likely to round file any request which begins as, “I need you to . . . “

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

One of the most freeing things I've ever experienced was when I realized I couldn't make everyone like me, no matter how hard I tried.  It was like the weight of unrealistic expectations - especially professionally - was lifted.  I didn't get there until I was probably in my 30s but it's been great.

When my coworkers are struggling with a mean client, I like to say "you can't please everyone, you aren't pizza".  Always gets a smile.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Jinger and Jeremy have posted a home tour of their home (staged for sale) on YouTube. Evangeline, at two and a half, still sleeps in their room. The house is immaculate but very impersonal probably because they are trying to sell it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Maybe she’ll write a whole fundy self help series. Becoming Free from…. fill in the blank with current book. 

• Upvote 7

Is it supposed to be a self help book?

Didn't those huge felt hats go out of style? I just saw somebody on instagram mocking them as a 2010's style thing....ya know from waaaaaay back then.

That pink dress reminds me of 70s clothes for some reason but can't quite place it. I guess it's the fabric plus the pleated gathered middle.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Is it supposed to be a self help book?

Didn't those huge felt hats go out of style? I just saw somebody on instagram mocking them as a 2010's style thing....ya know from waaaaaay back then.

That pink dress reminds me of 70s clothes for some reason but can't quite place it. I guess it's the fabric plus the pleated gathered middle.

Joan Collins could rock the hell out of that dress. The rest of us, not so much.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

I haven't watched a Jinger video in a long while...but I'm a sucker for home tours. but wow...like bad wow....yuck.

Why don't they have window treatments? Everything is so harshly white. Not in a "we styled it this way" but how my parents did my room as a kid - painted it all white so they wouldn't have to match anything or worry about it again. Why aren't there at least a couple of generic paintings? Why is the TV in their play/gym room SO HUGE. that room is way too small for such a giant TV. Why is jeremy's office the only place with any personality at all? Why must Jana make her shelves? What does Jeremy do!? Where in that large empty house are Jinger's personal items....even if it's staged...There doesn't appear to have been a place for her to have personal items. Does Jinger have personal items???

They've owned 2 houses in 2 different states and had huge covered porches and a pizza oven in both. I'm jealous.

But jeremy continues to be so irritating. bah!

Maybe I missed it - do we know why they are selling and where they are going?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

On 6/11/2024 at 6:53 PM, SassyPants said:

I don’t think the Jerm wants to work, himself, to support his family. Jinger moved from one man who used her as his meal ticket to another. 

Given the choice I think most of us would choose not to work. But that’s not in the cards. 

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, Angelface said:

Jinger and Jeremy have posted a home tour of their home (staged for sale) on YouTube. Evangeline, at two and a half, still sleeps in their room. The house is immaculate but very impersonal probably because they are trying to sell it. 

How would I find this?

7 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Why don't they have window treatments? Everything is so harshly white. Not in a "we styled it this way" but how my parents did my room as a kid - painted it all white so they wouldn't have to match anything or worry about it again. Why aren't there at least a couple of generic paintings? Why is the TV in their play/gym room SO HUGE. that room is way too small for such a giant TV. Why is jeremy's office the only place with any personality at all? Why must Jana make her shelves? What does Jeremy do!? Where in that large empty house are Jinger's personal items....even if it's staged...There doesn't appear to have been a place for her to have personal items. Does Jinger have personal items???

They've owned 2 houses in 2 different states and had huge covered porches and a pizza oven in both. I'm jealous.

But jeremy continues to be so irritating. bah!

Maybe I missed it - do we know why they are selling and where they are going?

We went on a home tour at Christmas. Two of the houses were in pricey neighborhoods and were devoid of personal touches. We didn’t understand it. In neither home was the owner present (people who organized the tour were there). Not one personal item on the multiple Christmas trees, no framed photos, no magnets or kids’ artwork tacked to the refrigerator, no clutter. It didn’t appear that they simply tidied up before the home tour. The houses just did not feel “lived in”. It was puzzling.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 3