IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 38: Can't Believe I'm Typing This, but YAY Bobye Holt

HerNameIsBuffy

13 minutes ago, EvilAthiest said:

If Jim Bob had an ounce of honest reflection or the ability to own his lack of proper action when he learned of the abuse; then he would not have swore on the Bible, gotten on the stand, and claimed that he could “not recall” what Josh did to Jim Bob’s daughters.  

Since Jim Bob is paying for the lawyers, he would have had prior knowledge of the evidence that was going to be presented in court.  And he still chose to lie for Josh, and further hurt his daughters.

Not to defend Jim Bob, but his paying for the lawyers does not mean he is entitled to know the evidence, or really, anything. That is up to Josh, if he wants to allow his attorneys to share that info.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

The Fundie Wonderland person also said the Holts told JB they should get a bigger house to help keep the girls safe from Josh. But he said no because he wasn’t going to go into debt for it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 13
  • Disgust 23
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 27
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I wonder if they have found it too distressing or even not publishable.

It's The Sun. They have no limits.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

She actually says that everyone that was there yesterday is there today except Hillary, Claire, and Joy.  So Justin, Derrick, Austin, and Uncle Eric (?)/ Santa are there again.

I wonder if JB told Justin to stay the fuck home after his thumbs up yesterday, but then I read on Reddit's DuggarSnark today that the families FB page is filled with angry comments of people being graphic about the content of the material and they aren't monitoring that so who knows.

If I were the Duggar PR person I'd have gone into hiding.  

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

So Anna Darling, the reporter giving updates on twitter, says she's taking the morning off today. Those descriptions must be truly awful (I'm avoiding looking them up). 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

She said Joy Anna came late to the trial today.

And Anna is just looking down a lot when this evidence is coming out.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what the actual heck? Josh's case is one thing but by far but not everybody accused of a crime is guilty of it. Many defense attorneys are out there to help their communities, especially communities that are overpoliced. Prosecution, however, has tight relationships with police and will regularly engage in prosecutorial misconduct. 

Yes, I agree, and that's similar to what I was saying about defense attorneys. Most are doing their best for their clients and communities. Sometimes that means getting a guilty client the best result possible for their situation. 

Defense attorneys are doing an important job. Most of them are great. And I'd bet most of them struggle when they know their client is guilty. And they also struggle if they know their client is innocent, but can't get them freed. 

Prosecutors also, I think most of them feel they are doing the right thing.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic