IGNORED

Joy & Austin 34: Baby Three

Coconut Flan

On 5/14/2023 at 2:51 AM, fluffernutter said:

I wonder if she is pushing or hoping to get induced today or this evening to have a Mother's Day baby. 

Joy doesn’t seem to be all that much about optics and showing off a pinterest-perfect picture of a family. There are other Duggars/Bates from whom I would expect that kind of thing, but Joy? Not so much.

• Upvote 6

She had her baby. I saw a video on YouTube, no footage just sound and recaps of the pregnancy and then it ended saying "meet our baby next week."

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, viii said:

Did we know she was having a boy? I can't remember if she did a sex reveal or not. 

Yes, we did, but I don't remember them having a sex reveal.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yes, we did, but I don't remember them having a sex reveal.

Yes they did. It was the party at the Forsyths’ house and the video showed JB talking with Jill.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I heard M’overuseduterus in the background. I wonder if she gets an endorphin rush from observing deliveries?

Wonder how much help she is with the grandkids after their vernix is no longer visible?

27 minutes ago, Cam said:

Did they have a name or list of names for him?

Only the middle name, James.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I heard M’overuseduterus in the background. I wonder if she gets an endorphin rush from observing deliveries?

Wonder how much help she is with the grandkids after their vernix is no longer visible?

Only the middle name, James.

😂 You made me snort laugh. M'overuseduterus and the vernix comment. You win the internet today. Well done. 👏

• Haha 9

I feel like the Shiny Happy People documentary has taken some of the wind out of Joy’s “I just had another baby!” sails. At this point in her life, I think the only time she gets much attention is announcing a pregnancy and then when she delivers the baby and gets to show the newborn off the first few weeks. (This is what makes me think she’s gonna keep popping them out, kinda like her mother). But surely there has to be an undercurrent of tension among the fundies wondering what the documentary is going to reveal, so Joy’s latest delivery is a bit overshadowed by this other news.

Or maybe not. I’m just conjecturing. What do you think any of the Duggars are thinking about SHP? Concerned? Curious?  Could care less? 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 10

It’s Gunner James for Joy and Austin. Not a fan, but not a surprising name from them. Joy was so determined to choose a classic name for Evelyn, but I guess her criteria for a boy is different. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

It’s Gunner James for Joy and Austin. Not a fan, but not a surprising name from them. Joy was so determined to choose a classic name for Evelyn, but I guess her criteria for a boy is different. 

Maybe it was the only G name she liked. She could be doing G names for any and all boys. But she will have a hard time choosing if she has another boy. Garrett is already taken. 

• Upvote 1

Gunner? Is that a name? I’m not a native English speaker. Is the name connected to guns?

There’s a Swedish name Gunnar, very common among older men. It’s meaning is (just googled) fight/battle and warrior.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

Gunner? Is that a name? I’m not a native English speaker. Is the name connected to guns?

There’s a Swedish name Gunnar, very common among older men. It’s meaning is (just googled) fight/battle and warrior.

I think Gunner with the “er” spelling is just the Americanized version of Gunnar. In the 2022 Social Security baby name list, Gunner is at 387 and Gunnar is 589. At this point, I think it’s only used by people who are into guns.

• Upvote 10

Gunner could also be in the vein of warden and other vaguely militaristic names....which I can't think of now but always think it's weird when I hear one.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe it was the only G name she liked. She could be doing G names for any and all boys. But she will have a hard time choosing if she has another boy. Garrett is already taken. 

I think that Austin would find a letter name theme kind of dumb since it’s so limiting. And I think Joy does whatever Austin says.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think that Austin would find a letter name theme kind of dumb since it’s so limiting. And I think Joy does whatever Austin says.

Neither of them seem particularly like specific name theme people. The ones I think might have suited them is maybe outdoor/nature names,  Or classic biblical - like Gideon.  Where it’s a theme, but nothing super limiting or too cutesy.   I wonder how many of them start out with just liking some names that happen to fall into a similar category, then when baby number 3 or 4 comes along they realize they are in a theme, and just go with it? Like they already have Alice, Aaron and Abel - so number 4 might as well be Annie? Or Daisy and Violet have a new sister so they go with Rose.

IIRC JB and Michelle said that’s how the J theme came about - after the older twins or Jill they figured they had a theme. 

• I Agree 1

Gunner? Ick. Right up there with Spurgeon and Zade in my what not to name the baby list. Does t go with their previous naming style, either. But it’s exactly the kind of name I’d expect Austin to choose. 

There’s a cute picture of the baby up on various Facebook groups. Not sure where it came from, but I’m sure there will be public photos soon enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

George, Gregor, Gregory, Gary, Glenn all much nicer G names. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

All I can think of when I hear Gunner, and I know the spelling is different, is musician Gunnar Nelson.  The back in the day version, of course.  spacer.png      

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Do you get a free rifle if you name your child Gunner? 

That, or a lifetime NRA membership...

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 10

41 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

All I can think of when I hear Gunner, and I know the spelling is different, is musician Gunnar Nelson.  The back in the day version, of course.  spacer.png      

After the rain! Haha omg flashback

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1