IGNORED

Joy & Austin 34: Baby Three

Coconut Flan

On 2/16/2024 at 1:54 PM, JDuggs said:

Joy mentioned in her IG stories that she’s going to her sister’s tonight and one of her brothers will be there. The nosy me wants to know what sister and what brother. I still don’t think the Forsyths and the Dillards “get along,” so my guesses are Jessa and Josiah (if we ever find out). I would actually like to be proven wrong and see that Jill and Joy have more of a relationship than they’ve shown.

I think any distance between them now might also just be the natural impact of distance in age, experiences and geography.  They are six years apart and Were very, very close when Jill was Joy’s first “baby” to raise. But that dynamic doesn’t necessarily translate to just being sisters who hang out as adults. Especially with each having so many closer in age siblings to have been friends with.  And then Jessa and Jill both marrying and giving birth so close together — and Jinger and Joy at home a couple additional years hanging out and then marrying / having babies in the same time span. Probably cemented those two sets of relationships as well. With the added nightmare of the abuse becoming public at that time, and each of those two sets of sisters being put into very different roles by their parents.
And their husbands may not get along well. Not actively dislike each other - but maybe not choose to hang out if they can politely avoid game night or whatever. I think that’s a big part of why you see JD/Abbie and Joy/Austin together so much despite the age gap- Austin and JD are genuine friends -independent of medi-corp or work or the family. 
And additionally it looks like they live an hour+ apart. Which isn’t huge, but is bigger than dropping in for coffee distance, especially when you have little kids.  

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think any distance between them now might also just be the natural impact of distance in age, experiences and geography.  They are six years apart and Were very, very close when Jill was Joy’s first “baby” to raise. But that dynamic doesn’t necessarily translate to just being sisters who hang out as adults. Especially with each having so many closer in age siblings to have been friends with.  And then Jessa and Jill both marrying and giving birth so close together — and Jinger and Joy at home a couple additional years hanging out and then marrying / having babies in the same time span. Probably cemented those two sets of relationships as well. With the added nightmare of the abuse becoming public at that time, and each of those two sets of sisters being put into very different roles by their parents.
And their husbands may not get along well. Not actively dislike each other - but maybe not choose to hang out if they can politely avoid game night or whatever. I think that’s a big part of why you see JD/Abbie and Joy/Austin together so much despite the age gap- Austin and JD are genuine friends -independent of medi-corp or work or the family. 
And additionally it looks like they live an hour+ apart. Which isn’t huge, but is bigger than dropping in for coffee distance, especially when you have little kids.  

If Jill was a sister mom to Joy the mom part of the equation might have changed how they related to one another whereas it wouldn’t have with just a sister. 

• Upvote 3