IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 38: Can't Believe I'm Typing This, but YAY Bobye Holt

HerNameIsBuffy

13 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Hmmm, so when I click on that it just goes to my FB feed. Does that mean that they have me banned?  I have never been a member of the group and although I follow a few fundies for snark research purposes I never comment.  Very weird.

Content not found, but when I look it up, it says I like the page but it is way out of date? 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Antimony said:

The general goss (Amy, people milling around the court) suggests that today's witnesses are Bobye, Jill, maybe Jed. 

I'm not all that knowledgeable on court workings but, as I understand it the prosecution presents their case and once they rest than the defense presents their case.  Is the defense allowed to call up a rebuttal witness during the prosecution's presentation or do they need to wait until they are presenting their case?  If Bobye, Jill, and Jed are on the docket to testify today then it sounds like Jed would be testifying for the prosecution.  

• Upvote 3

Y'all, I finally dragged myself out of my sadness nest for a shower and popped on my Spotify-Generated 2021 Top Hits playlist. Embarassingly, my top song this year was Kom Susser Todd but anyway, it struck me as an appropriate song for the Duggar Cinematic Universe right now. Maybe the Lifetime move with license it;

What's done is done, it feels so bad
What once was happy now is sad
I'll never love again
My world is ending

I wish that I could turn back time
'Cause now the guilt is all mine
Can't live without the trust from those you love
I know we can't forget the past
You can't forget love and pride
Because of that, it's killing me inside

It all returns to nothing
It all comes tumbling down
Tumbling down, tumbling down
It all returns to nothing
I just keep letting me down
Letting me down, letting me down

In the theatre of my mind, perhaps Derrick could get an 80's rom com style boombox and play this on blast up at the TTH

• Upvote 6

FundieWonderland may be a secret group.  It doesn’t come up for me either.

Also, I am no Justin fan but what if a reporter just asked him something like how is married life?  Or something like that.  Probably not, of course, but wow he is getting slammed.  

• Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

FYI, the thread in Fundie Wonderland is very thorough in their updates so far today, and the new testimony is sickening and damning. The forensic analysis of the partition shows hundreds of openings to each of the files, as well as document files containing literal step-by-step instruction for finding and accessing CP. Horrific. Even if someone is trying to believe the libs have planted the original files, there's no way anyone but Josh has physically accessed these over and over. It's so awful. 

I always wondered about this. So he downloaded this file in May 2019 and the download was the crime he is being prosecuted for among the CSA. But now it’s been shown that he viewed the file many times. This makes sense to me. I wondered about this, thinking surely a person with this sort of abhorrent predilection would continue to seek(sorry).

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, karenb4729 said:

I'm not all that knowledgeable on court workings but, as I understand it the prosecution presents their case and once they rest than the defense presents their case.  Is the defense allowed to call up a rebuttal witness during the prosecution's presentation or do they need to wait until they are presenting their case?  If Bobye, Jill, and Jed are on the docket to testify today then it sounds like Jed would be testifying for the prosecution.  

If the evidence is as damning as it has been reported, I for one am intrigued as to what the defence's case actually is. Because how do you defend the indefensible? Career suicide, really.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Has Michelle attended court does anyone know? I am assuming Jim Bob can't. 

No, she sends Anna. What a coward. What do you bet Jana and Johanna are watching/ homeschooling the M kids.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

No, she sends Anna. What a coward. What do you bet Jana and Johanna are watching/ homeschooling the M kids.

Its just all so awful. So many innocent people in this, Josh has destroyed so many people's lives. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

FundieWonderland may be a secret group.  It doesn’t come up for me either.

Also, I am no Justin fan but what if a reporter just asked him something like how is married life?  Or something like that.  Probably not, of course, but wow he is getting slammed.  

I'm a member, it is a private group.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

20 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I’m starting to really like Amy. She is all out of gives a fuck and not holding back. 

You know JB treated Amy and her mom like shite over the years, and likely instructed his kids to judge as well.

• Upvote 13

Just now, HermioneSparrow said:

I'm a member, it is a private group.

So is it closed to new members and that is why none of us can see it to even have an option to join?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

So is it closed to new members and that is why none of us can see it to even have an option to join?

That is what I was going to ask. 

• Upvote 3

The Sun is giving no updates today.  Only rehashing old news. I wonder what happened to their reporter who was there (did y'all know the Sun had a reporter there? Lol.)?

• Haha 15

2 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I wonder if they did that just for the trial? They mentioned a lot of new requests recently and they might just have closed it for now, for the sake of their mods.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Well, it does sort of clear up what Josh has been doing in that toll booth of a job all these years. I’m sorry, but the root of all the problems are Gothard, JB, Michelle, isolation, withholding of true emotion, education, friends, jobs and modeling how to live in society and a community of people. Josh is responsible for his behaviors, but JB and M put him on a dysfunctional road and made sure he stayed on it. Josh pulled the trigger, JB bought and loaded the weapon; instructed Josh to use it.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11

14 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

If the evidence is as damning as it has been reported, I for one am intrigued as to what the defence's case actually is. Because how do you defend the indefensible? Career suicide, really.

Definitely not career suicide.  In the US every defendant has a right to a competent, preferably vigorous defense.  The accused is considered innocent until the prosecution successfully proves them guilty.  We all believe (frankly, we all know in our bones) that Josh is guilty, but it must be proven in a court of law.  These types of lawyers, those that defend the indefensible, are a big deal, they definitely don't win all their cases, but this will not keep them from having successful and very lucrative careers.  And they will win sometimes, sometimes because the person truly is innocent, and sometimes because they'll find that one loophole that gets their client off, even when they know their client is guilty as can be.  How much it kills their soul is a whole other story though...

Edited by Melbelle
  • Upvote 33
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

The Sun is giving no updates today.  Only rehashing old news. I wonder what happened to their reporter who was there (did y'all know the Sun had a reporter there? Lol.)?

The Sun won't give updates on current happenings until there is a break in the courtroom.  No one can use electronic devices while the court is in session. 

• Upvote 5

There's someone on Fundie Wonderland attending the trial, it seems like a person who was involved with IBLP (?), she's talking a bit about today's schedule. Apparently, today will be the most graphic gruesome day as far as details. If this is true and just in case, I'll advise everyone to be careful about it, yesterday was too much for me and while I'm not a CSA survivor, this triggered me really badly (PPD)  so I'll take a break to collect myself a bit.

3 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I believe so.

The person is also saying everyone that was yesterday it's there today (Hilary, Joy, Claire and everyone else).

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 8

1 minute ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I wonder if they have found it too distressing or even not publishable.

I for one have been struggling with the bits reported. And I have not been reading Reddits or Twitter or any of the in depth commentary. I cannot imagine how bad it is to hear and see the whole thing

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I'm a member and just looked- on the sidebar thing it says that it's a hidden group and only members can find it. I know that wasn't always the case, so it must be more recent.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

14 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Holy smokes those fundie wonderland updates 😳😭

they are saying josh was regularly habitually abusing his sisters over a three year period and two sisters fought him off at one point.

• Disgust 17
  • Sad 28
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, HermioneSparrow said:

There's someone on Fundie Wonderland attending the trial, it seems like a person who was involved with IBLP (?), she's talking a bit about today's schedule. Apparently, today will be the most graphic gruesome day as far as details. If this is true and just in case, I'll advise everyone to be careful about it, yesterday was too much for me and while I'm not a CSA survivor, this triggered me really badly (PPD)  so I'll take a break to collect myself a bit.

I believe so.

The person is also saying everyone that was yesterday it's there today (Hilary, Joy, Claire and everyone else).

Good, maybe Hilary won't walk out with a big smile on her face. What am I thinking? Of course she will. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Frankly, after reading the descriptions, I wonder if Michelle and Jim Bob have bailed on Josh completely. Maybe none of the kids under their control are showing up at the trial, because they are just done. I have little sympathy for the parents  and their abusive choices, but I think any parent would be appalled to discover their adult child’s participation in evil like this, and, if they have an ounce of honest reflection and ability to own their own lack of proper action when he was twelve, perhaps they feel regretful. Yes, there is narcissism and hypocrisy and all abusive elements in their public posturing, but I think they sincerely want to believe (and think they are being?) they are “good” Christians that welcome children. This has got to be horrifying cognitive dissonance for them.

If Jim Bob had an ounce of honest reflection or the ability to own his lack of proper action when he learned of the abuse; then he would not have swore on the Bible, gotten on the stand, and claimed that he could “not recall” what Josh did to Jim Bob’s daughters.  

Since Jim Bob is paying for the lawyers, he would have had prior knowledge of the evidence that was going to be presented in court.  And he still chose to lie for Josh, and further hurt his daughters.

• Upvote 20

5 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Is she a pilot? JD is!

• Haha 25
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic