IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 38: Can't Believe I'm Typing This, but YAY Bobye Holt

HerNameIsBuffy

Another reminder to watch speculation about abuse of minors.  Thanks, I know this is an upsetting topic.

Continued from here...

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Well damn Beansie on a raft. I realized I was incorrect about the crystal ball said an right when I wen to edit the thread was locked. 
Anyway what I said in the last post was wrong. (and I blame Beansie)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, onekidanddone said:

Well damn Beansie on a raft. I realized I was incorrect about the crystal ball said an right when I wen to edit the thread was locked. 

I never believe WOACB anyway. She states gossip and speculation as fact. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

Just now, onekidanddone said:

I'll add a link from that post to this one.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

It’s safe to assume WOACB is full of crap. She either makes it up or gets her info from here or reddit so it’s info we could find anyway. She’s never been proven as a legitimate insider source. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I'm reeling a little bit that the Defense opening statement included "If you like a good mystery, this is for you" and "It's like a trail of blood leading away from a murder scene that does not lead to Josh Duggar."

?!?!?! 

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 44

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I never believe WOACB anyway. She states gossip and speculation as fact. 

I watched her once and that was 11 minutes of my life I will never get back.  She's so full of shit her eyes are brown.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Antimony said:

I'm reeling a little bit that the Defense opening statement included "If you like a good mystery, this is for you" and "It's like a trail of blood leading away from a murder scene that does not lead to Josh Duggar."

?!?!?! 

Seriously?  It's insane to reduce the abuse of innocent children to a mystery.  Regardless of whether they think Josh did it or not, evidence of children being horrifically violated is going to be shown and they thought it was a good idea to be dismissive of that in front of the jury?  

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 14

16 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

She is just reading the Sun’s stream of the trial, basically word for word.

The Sun? 😒 She might as well be reading a 🎱 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Seriously?  It's insane to reduce the abuse of innocent children to a mystery.  Regardless of whether they think Josh did it or not, evidence of children being horrifically violated is going to be shown and they thought it was a good idea to be dismissive of that in front of the jury?  

Yea. The quotes are from a local Fayetteville news station. I'm sure we'll eventually get court transcripts which will be...wild.

It also just seems like a bad opening statement. Feels ad-libbed. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I’m wondering if Josh does get convicted if Anna will walk out of the trial crying. Whether it will be tears of joy or tears of sadness who knows.

• Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I watched her once and that was 11 minutes of my life I will never get back.  She's so full of shit her eyes are brown.

Many people have brown eyes and aren't filled with shit.

I agree she makes up too much. I dislike the way she tries to write the narratives among the other 18 kids.

• Upvote 5
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 15

24 minutes ago, Antimony said:

?!?!?! 

Fucking fuck. 

Me as juror: "Why goodness gracious! I do love mysteries!  What a treat this will be. I can hardly wait. I am so glad that I landed on this case!"

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

From watching Trump's travails with legal advisers it looks like delusional clients can quite successfully drive away better legal talent, regardless of ability to pay. (Tho' I also think there was no amount of lawyer power that was going to get Josh out of this.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Fucking fuck. 

Me as juror: "Why goodness gracious! I do love mysteries!  What a treat this will be. I can hardly wait. I am so glad that I landed on this case!"

"And now it's time for the illustrations...."  🤢

WTF were they thinking?

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1

58 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Haha! You've got that right. The woman gets ALL of her info from other sources. Mainly, from kiwifarms. She's showed up there before and was quickly shown the door. LOL

As far as Jill testifying "for" Josh: my belief is that Jill is a victim. And as a victim, she has the right to frame her abuse and experience any way she wants to. An added complication to her abuse is that it was done by her own brother. I feel for the woman. I really do. But to demonize her for how she's processed her own abuse isn't right. 

Edited by OMG
  • Upvote 21
  • Love 2

I don’t think Derrick was with Anna, they were probably both near the front and Austin stayed in the back. He just made a point of not interacting with either one. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

It's like a trail of blood leading away from a murder scene that does not lead to Josh Duggar."

So, this is the best defense money can buy? 

I think Jim Bob is OVERPAYING for this legal team, even if he got a Groupon .

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 25
  • Love 1

Jill is more than likely testifying for the prosecution. She will be a witness to back up Bobye Holt's testimony. 

The feds probably reached out to all four victims, but only Jill responded in the affirmative.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

If you think about it, Josh’s defense team can’t challenge the existence of the CSAM, nor can they disprove that it was found on the computer in Josh’s office.  So the only defense they can come up with is, “He didn’t do it.”

Once you say, “He didn’t do it,” the obvious question is, “Who did?”

Since the Defense can’t point out a specific person who could be credibly blamed, their strategy is to frame the whole thing as a mystery.  They want to keep the focus on this “mystery” instead of on the proof the prosecution can bring forward.

The CSAM is only important to the case against Josh if people believe that Josh is responsible for downloading it.  From the Defense perspective, the goal is to keep the jury from thinking that Josh downloaded it.  Therefore, they can reasonably argue that the focus of the trial must be on whether Josh downloaded the stuff, not whether CSAM is bad.

Of course, it is also a strategy so that the horror of the CSAM images doesn’t predispose the jury to think badly of Josh.  So trying to frame it as a “mystery” is actually pretty clever.

As an avid reader of mystery novels, however, I can tell you that the “who done it” mystery has clearly been solved by the Feds, and the answer is: “Josh did it.”  

• Upvote 42
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Jill is more than likely testifying for the prosecution. She will be a witness to back up Bobye Holt's testimony. 

The feds probably reached out to all four victims, but only Jill responded in the affirmative.

I agree with you. Having just read Pickles' FB post calling Jill evil, I'm a tad shocked. I shouldn't be, as it's Pickles, but she shouldn't be demonizing a sexual abuse victim. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

So the only defense they can come up with is, “He didn’t do it.”

Once you say, “He didn’t do it,” the obvious question is, “Who did?”

Since the Defense can’t point out a specific person who could be credibly blamed, their strategy is to frame the whole thing as a mystery.  They want to keep the focus on this “mystery” instead of on the proof the prosecution can bring forward.

Shades of the OJ Simpson defense. Only then, no one offered up any other suspects.

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I don’t think Derrick was with Anna, they were probably both near the front and Austin stayed in the back. He just made a point of not interacting with either one. 

That was how I read it too.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On the Austin/Derrick seating thing, someone on Reddit said Derrick was just sitting in the family’s area up front and that Austin got there later so sat in the back where there was a spot. Makes sense. I can’t imagine Derrick wants Josh to get out of this..

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

6 minutes ago, OMG said:

Shades of the OJ Simpson defense. Only then, no one offered up any other suspects.

Ah, but do you remember that OJ set up a hotline and offered a reward for information leading to the killer?  😉 They tried!  

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic