IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 10: Grifting for Children's Toys on the Newborn Registry

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems like he won’t even play the church scene! I bet there are a few churches that would host him. If Jill Rod can find some, so can Lawson. He just doesn’t want to. 

I had a similar thought earlier today. When was the last time Lawson actually played a live gig? An actual live gig, not just playing for a sibling’s wedding. 

I watched last week’s video, but it was too boring to recap. It boiled down to two things: their baby has ten fingers and ten toes (In other words, the anatomy scan was fine) and Lawson still can’t remember the word “nursery” (he calls it a “baby room”). The nursery still isn’t ready, by the way, though that hardly seems to matter when Tiffany plans to keep the baby in with them for the first few months. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems like he won’t even play the church scene! I bet there are a few churches that would host him. If Jill Rod can find some, so can Lawson. He just doesn’t want to. 

So Jrod has a better work ethic than Lawson....ooooooOOOoooOoooOoo BURN!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, postscript said:

though that hardly seems to matter when Tiffany plans to keep the baby in with them for the first few months. 

I wonder how that will go over with Lawson. He may enjoy playing with his nieces and nephews for a couple of hours sometimes but I doubt he'd like his beauty sleep disturbed nightly. Not to mention a baby in the room possibly spoiling the mood, ahem ahem.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, MariaariaM said:

I wonder how that will go over with Lawson. He may enjoy playing with his nieces and nephews for a couple of hours sometimes but I doubt he'd like his beauty sleep disturbed nightly. Not to mention a baby in the room possibly spoiling the mood, ahem ahem.

I had exactly the same thought. Lawson is enthusiastic while the baby is still just a bump. I suspect his enthusiasm will wane once the baby is here and needs Tiffany’s full-time attention. I don’t think he’s going to be supportive during middle of the night feedings. This baby could test their marriage. I don’t want to be mean, but I kind of hope it does. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I think Lawson will enjoy the millions of pics he can post with the baby. He loves attention and babies get lots of Attention. I think Lawson will help out with the baby because it means more material for social media. I honestly think he would be more of a smothering parent type than a hands off type. 

• Upvote 4

I think Lawson will be an involved parent. I do think he genuinely enjoys babies and kids, and will find his own to be just as enjoyable 24/7.  Not to say there won’t be plenty of baby-free date nights and getaways.  I think it’s a lot easier to be an involved parent when you don’t have the extra time crunch and stress of a job. I think this baby will be used as a social media prop similar to how Carlin and Evan present their kids: being cute, being silly, along with over dramatic posts about how fast they’re growing up. I predict tons of “hysterical” videos about blowout diapers and lack of sleep, etc.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

yeah I'm seeing carlin/evan 2.0. Traveling around all over everywhere, videos from cars, planes, and drive throughs  - vids about how "AMAZING" every little thing is. And hey - it works for evan/carlin....so...ok.. I hope they have money put away for when they can't work the social media machine.  Evan seems to think about that stuff....Does Lawson??

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

How many bedrooms do Lawson & Tiff have? Cause I assume Tiff's mom is going to come and stay for a LOOONG time to help, and then maybe Aadalllleeeee (sorry, I have no idea how to spell her ridiculous name) after that? Or will mommy just stay in the camper?

And I know I'm old fashioned, but  I always thought it was considered gauche & greedy to put non-baby things on your baby registry. image.png.72b688bc019087859b7460983dfe3a43.png

• Upvote 11

This child is an opportunity for an almighty grift which will then develop into an income stream. Lawson won’t be mowing any lawns for a living, he will be posting cheesy videos of ‘country dad and his boy’.

• Upvote 11

In the latest video, they are in the Outer Banks with Evan, Carlin and Kelly. A good portion of the video is taken up with the Orville and Wilbur Wright Museum, which looks really interesting but is lost on these yahoos. Tiffany says something about seeing a lot of Wills recently, which sounds like a dead giveaway that William will feature prominently in baby boy Bates’ name. 

Other highlights:

Lawson gets stuck in the sand driving up to the AirBnB. 
Evan/Carlin and Tiffany/Lawson are both vlogging. It will be interesting to see how Evan’s version differs from Lawson’s.

Evan and Lawson talk about how interesting they find the history. Yeah, right. Kelly says she likes the gift shop. She buys toys for Jeb and Jud which look too young for them.

Lawson tells us there are two pilots and three pilots-in-training in the Bates family.

Ample time is spent on photo shoots of Lawson and Tiffany. As one does in the Bates family. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, postscript said:

Evan/Carlin and Tiffany/Lawson are both vlogging. It will be interesting to see how Evan’s version differs from Lawson’s.

The main difference is that Evan put their video of OBX out April 15! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

14 hours ago, gobucks said:

The main difference is that Evan put their video of OBX out April 15! 

Two months behind? Yep, sounds about right for Lawson’s timeline. So when the baby comes, they’ll put out the birth story in September or October? 

He needs to pick up the pace on his posting or acknowledge that he isn’t going to be able to post everything and discard some of the filler episodes. Of course, that wouldn’t leave him with much since they’re all filler. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Two months behind? Yep, sounds about right for Lawson’s timeline. So when the baby comes, they’ll put out the birth story in September or October? 

He needs to pick up the pace on his posting or acknowledge that he isn’t going to be able to post everything and discard some of the filler episodes. Of course, that wouldn’t leave him with much since they’re all filler. 

Lawson is so busy with his music career, don't you know?? :roll:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 6/7/2024 at 2:16 PM, gobucks said:

Travis and Evan both have exponentially better singing voices than Lawson. 

And Tori's husband, Bobby, is a far better singer than is Lawson. My guess is the other brothers-in-law who sing better (not exponentially better, but better) include Brandon, Chad, John and Kelton.

On 6/7/2024 at 3:55 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I think they HAVE To hear how bad he is.

There was a BUB episode where they set up Lawson to perform a fake concert, complete with professional backing band, in Nashville (or somewhere, perhaps Knoxville.) Nathan went with Lawson and there was a camera shot of Nathan listening and I saw it on his face... he KNEW! Then he diplomatically made a remark, neither embracing Lawson as a great singer nor dismissing his singing.

• Upvote 6

I spend too much time following these people. My ear worm today has been the theme song from the Lawson and Tiffany videos, which, in a weird way, reminds me of the theme song from Friends

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bobology said:

And Tori's husband, Bobby, is a far better singer than is Lawson. My guess is the other brothers-in-law who sing better (not exponentially better, but better) include Brandon, Chad, John and Kelton.

There was a BUB episode where they set up Lawson to perform a fake concert, complete with professional backing band, in Nashville (or somewhere, perhaps Knoxville.) Nathan went with Lawson and there was a camera shot of Nathan listening and I saw it on his face... he KNEW! Then he diplomatically made a remark, neither embracing Lawson as a great singer nor dismissing his singing.

Lawson's singing is about on par with my stoned college poetry. There's a reason I stopped writing poetry lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Bobology said:

oh which episode was it!!! I want to see! 

Although I have full faith that they know I still want to see it! Carlin yodels and sings, Katie and Carlin fell for guys that are musical,  Erin plays the piano - well enough - Doesn't Zach play the guitar? Whatever we may think of them this is clearly a family that is interested in music and must understand the concept of singing in tune.  Maybe Lawson didn't at first realize this about himself and when you're 14 or whatever people are going to be nice and go along with it.... but he should have figured it out by now...how old is he now?? Unsuccessful musician past 25 starts to be just sad. 

I know people don't like Nathan much but  I've always kinda of appreciated his sort of snarky side. He seems to get the joke sometimes when the others are being overly earnest/pious/absurd.

What do they do with themselves that it takes so long to post. What ding dongs. I dont have time to do that but I ya know - have a job. What are they doing all day that they can't get their videos out in a timely fashion?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Although I have full faith that they know I still want to see it! Carlin yodels and sings, Katie and Carlin fell for guys that are musical,  Erin plays the piano - well enough - Doesn't Zach play the guitar? Whatever we may think of them this is clearly a family that is interested in music and must understand the concept of singing in tune.  Maybe Lawson didn't at first realize this about himself and when you're 14 or whatever people are going to be nice and go along with it.... but he should have figured it out by now...how old is he now?? Unsuccessful musician past 25 starts to be just sad. 

I know people don't like Nathan much but  I've always kinda of appreciated his sort of snarky side. He seems to get the joke sometimes when the others are being overly earnest/pious/absurd.

What do they do with themselves that it takes so long to post. What ding dongs. I dont have time to do that but I ya know - have a job. What are they doing all day that they can't get their videos out in a timely fashion?

I imagine both of their days involve a lot of mirror time. Like, A LOT of mirror time.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

On 6/11/2024 at 7:26 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

It was kind of later in the run of BUB, I don't know the name or which season, but Lawson's "concert" was one of the main plots for that particular episode, so it should be mentioned in the episode summary.

On 6/11/2024 at 7:26 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I agree. I always thought his piety in his more youthful days was to impress and get in good graces with his parents. When he was a young teen he professed to wanting to be a preacher... surprise! And when he made the infamous remark about women's hair prior to a sister's upcoming wedding I thought it was smoke -- him just spouting off the family party line because he had learned to do that from an early age.

• Upvote 4

On 6/10/2024 at 3:11 PM, postscript said:

In the latest video, they are in the Outer Banks with Evan, Carlin and Kelly. A good portion of the video is taken up with the Orville and Wilbur Wright Museum, which looks really interesting but is lost on these yahoos. Tiffany says something about seeing a lot of Wills recently, which sounds like a dead giveaway that William will feature prominently in baby boy Bates’ name. 

Other highlights:

Lawson gets stuck in the sand driving up to the AirBnB. 

Evan and Lawson talk about how interesting they find the history. Yeah, right. Kelly says she likes the gift shop. She buys toys for Jeb and Jud which look too young for them.

Lawson tells us there are two pilots and three pilots-in-training in the Bates family.

Ample time is spent on photo shoots of Lawson and Tiffany. As one does in the Bates family. 

Here is the video. Carlin and Evan were just in Florida.

• Upvote 2

Her mention of Will specifically makes me wonder if they’ll do a different given name but use Will as the nickname? Maybe something like Wilson.

Or she’s commenting that there are TOO many Wills and they will use William called Liam. Or Billy? Or they’ll name him William (whatever name Tiffany likes best) and call him by the middle name. 

• Upvote 4

Did Tiffany get her master's degree at a real school? If so, I'll give her props for incredible acting talent, because she sure comes across as a stone idiot.

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

It was an online degree from Liberty in general studies I think. So, kind of real? But still vague, online, and Christian. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Tiffany has a masters degree from Grand Canyon University in Christian Ministries and a bachelors degree in Political Science from Liberty. Both online.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

In their latest video, they are visiting Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. I assume this took place a couple of months ago judg8ng by the size of Tiffany’s bump. I can’t help being jealous of their near-constant ability to travel.

Unfortunately, the history is lost on these yahoos. Lawson is most impressed by the weaponry, and Tiffany describes everything as “cute” or “little.” A few highlights:

• Lawson does a commercial for some game. They also talk about the all-inclusive pass for the three sites, so I assume that was either comped or deeply discounted. 
  • As they wander through Williamsburg, Lawson talks about how compact everything is and the sense of community.
  • Tiffany is entranced by the various livestock. At one point, they go see a lamb, and Tiffany coos about wanting one for their farm. Um, Tiff, lambs grow fast. They rapidly lose their cuteness. 
  • Lawson reminds us Tiffany has a master’s degree. Whatever she learned apparently didn’t include history. She knows very little about these sites, and she comes off as ditzy in this video.
  • Lawson proudly informs us that all men of that era were automatically enrolled in the militia and were required to own at least one gun (this while panning over racks of muskets). Later, they watch a musket demonstration. Still later, they hurry to watch a cannon being fired. Lawson informs us he doesn’t want to miss it. 
  • at one point, they enter a replica of a Native American dwelling. Tiffany has to spell the name of the Powhatan tribe. She is turned off by the smell (I’m with you there, Tiff!). Lawson asks her if she could give birth here. She swallows hard and says women have been doing it for thousands of years, so yes, she could. Whether she would choose to is another matter. 
  • they tour the boat replicas, and even gung-ho Lawson thinks they’re too small to brave the Atlantic. 
  • Tiffany comments on the name James, and then follows up with a comment on the name William. Pretty much a giveaway that one of these will be baby’s name. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8