IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m snickering at Biden since I think a lot of Mormons probably didn’t vote for Joe Biden. No wonder he goes by Bodie.

A majority did not but I’m guessing that a larger share voted for Biden than they did for Hillary or Obama, just based on my own informal polls. But most Mormons don’t like talking about politics nowadays because it just becomes divisive.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Mormon used: Ambrosine Ambrosine

interestingly that’s not the first time I come out if those tests with a name made of the two same names……. now I do wonder what that says about me

• Upvote 2

Erin finally posted that she left the boutique. I’m sure it was much more to it than what she posted. But Erin won’t even hint at airing dirty laundry. She’s just too perfect for that.

E7761B27-952D-4281-99CE-298A664B8BA9.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 15

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin finally posted that she left the boutique. I’m sure it was much more to it than what she posted. But Erin won’t even hint at airing dirty laundry. She’s just too perfect for that.

Lots of Godspeak without saying anything of substance. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 20

11 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Mormon used: Ambrosine Ambrosine

interestingly that’s not the first time I come out if those tests with a name made of the two same names……. now I do wonder what that says about me

I think it means you just put in your first name and not a middle name. I did the same thing.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I noticed she didn't wish Carlin and Whitney luck or anything... Makes me believe the feud theory.

• Upvote 16

10 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I noticed she didn't wish Carlin and Whitney luck or anything... Makes me believe the feud theory.

She really does seem to be mostly with Tori and never at the family things except if its a wedding.  Chad seemed downright bored to be there (and didn't even dress up) at I Love You Day last year.  What do we think the feud is about? And who versus who?  

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

There are comments under her post asking if there’s a feud but I doubt she will answer. The Bates family always have to portray themselves as perfect. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

How is an online (?) clothing store a ministry? Do they donate the proceeds to socially just organizations? Give me a break. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

11 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

They're bringing in Kelly?  She's going to work there now?  

Kelly thinks she's a Bates sister. 🙄

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 4

Of course Kelly can help. She has nothing better to do. She only has what? 8 kids left at home? They can fend for themselves now.

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The boutique said it much better than Erin:

F9F45926-E697-4EB9-B508-0EF1BFEC63FE.jpeg

I think that line about "we strive to provide modest and feminine apparel" is telling. I feel like that is why Erin left, or at least where the problems started. And yeah, I think there are some bad feelings there. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I was looking around the boutique and noticed a ton of stuff that doesn’t follow the Bates modesty standards. It used to be that they had to wear a skirt that covered their knees, they had to wear some kind of sleeve, and nothing low cut. Erin still seems to be following those rules.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

They're bringing in Kelly?  She's going to work there now?  

My Guess is Kelly and Gil helped Carlin and Whitney buy Erin out to keep family peace.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

My Guess is Kelly and Gil helped Carlin and Whitney buy Erin out to keep family peace.

Ooooh, that is a good guess. I wouldn't be surprised, and Gil is probably happy to invest if it's making money -- so it's probably profitable. Kelly spent a lot of time modeling for them anyways, so it's actually a natural fit.

The note from the boutique was posted word for word on Carlin and Whitney's instagrams as well as the BSB page, along with (different) pictures of the three sisters posing together. Definitely a PR coordinated announcement. But it does give Erin's new business a good plug, along with another to Paine Construction, so if there are any hard feelings they are at least doing the right thing publicly.

I do wonder why they chose to announce it now: were they getting lots of questions? Did negotiations conclude and it was a natural point? Did Erin want OUT now? Or were they finally able to sit down and talk it out?

• Upvote 16

6 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I do wonder why they chose to announce it now: were they getting lots of questions? Did negotiations conclude and it was a natural point? Did Erin want OUT now? Or were they finally able to sit down and talk it out?

Or they want people talking about that and not Nathan's gross display of casual racism. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The Boutique started with the Bates' sisters all modeling the modest apparel. Michaela Bates bought many of the original pieces (she loves frumpy clothes). Now, many of the items are trendy for all women, not just "modest" ones. They also used to post Bible quotes with each post -- now they post cutesy platitudes. It's really NOT a ministry. Also, I'm pretty sure Erin wants to "work from home" and be a homemaker, NOT spend time in the warehouse which they seemingly do A LOT. Erin has cultivated her perfect little farm cottage, why wouldn't she want to stay there? If they really do move on to homeschooling ministry, that's way more Jesus-y and true ministry in Erin's eyes. 

Also, why does it have to be a feud? Could it just be that there's so many sisters that some interests align more than others? Erin and Tori are way more pious and modest. They both are homeschooling (Tori is a "teacher") and Erin of course has school-age children. Meanwhile, Josie & Carlin are way more interested in social media and fashion, and have only babies. Michaela is happy to be where the babies are. Whitney probably just wants a money-making venture -- she was never as steeped as Erin/Tori/Michaela. 

It just seems like rather than a feud, they just surround themselves with the siblings they connect most to. 

• Upvote 14

I think there are some bad feelings between Erin and Carlin because there has been zero interaction, they are both pregnant and the Bates love posting pictures of the sisters together when pregnant but Nada, they didn't even publically congratulate each other in their pregnancies. Erin skipped Carlin's gender reveal (Tori and Michael were both there). Plus even on Instagram, she made this comment which seemed like a dog at Carlin: 

Screenshot_20211123-210531.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic