IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

The name Finley is starting to grow on me. It’s easy to say, easy to spell. I don’t think Finley Paine will ever be embarrassed that she was given a trendy name for the times. It reminds me of Brittany, Ashley, Lindsey, etc.  None of those names are popular now. We (unfortunately) have a Supreme Court justice named Amy. In twenty more years, we could have a president named Ashley or Taylor. They are cutesy names, but can be carried off by professional women. Names come and go. Some make comebacks, some don’t. It doesn’t make them horrible names.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The name Finley is starting to grow on me. It’s easy to say, easy to spell. I don’t think Finley Paine will ever be embarrassed that she was given a trendy name for the times. It reminds me of Brittany, Ashley, Lindsey, etc.  None of those names are popular now. We (unfortunately) have a Supreme Court justice named Amy. In twenty more years, we could have a president named Ashley or Taylor. They are cutesy names, but can be carried off by professional women. Names come and go. Some make comebacks, some don’t. It doesn’t make them horrible names.

It's growing on me to, put I prefer it spelled Finlay. 

• I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JDuggs said:

In twenty more years, we could have a president named Ashley or Taylor. They are cutesy names, but can be carried off by professional women. Names come and go. Some make comebacks, some don’t. It doesn’t make them horrible names.

That’s true. Definitely not my taste, definitely very popular for a couple of years at some point, everyone will be able to pretty much guess someone’s age with these names, and the parents who picked them might feel slightly embarrassed later on for picking one of these super popular names, but they’re not awful names.

And for the kid, it can go both ways. Some will hate standing out in a crowd and will be happy to be one of five Ashleys or Taylors in their year, others will wish their parents had chosen something less trendy/popular.

We chose a less common but entirely “normal” first name for our son, along with a very classic/traditional middle name, and are happy with our choice so far. Definitely not a name to be embarrassed about as he grows up.

• Upvote 3

Finley is not a tryndy name. It is a surname name. Which has always been a popular thing to do in the south. It tends to be more of the wealthy long-established families that give girls their mothers’ maiden names as first names (like Collins from The Blindside). I know several southern girls named things like Hardin and Sterling and Luin and Hollis and Finley!, and they all have well-educated wealthy parents. 

I think the surname for girls approach has now become more mainstream with the rise in popularity of names like Madison, Harper, Avery, Taylor, etc. I know this is a matter of opinion/taste, but I can’t believe there’s such a reaction to a name like Finley being odd or in poor taste when Erin has nieces and nephews named Kolter and Khloé and Maci. THOSE are the names that fall under the tryndy category, not Finley. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

Someone in the previous thread mentioned Dawson for a girl.  In the show "Doubling Down With The Derricos", they did just that with one of their triplet daughters, but spelled it Dawsyn.  She's known as "Awesome Dawsyn" on the show.   

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Woohoo! I made it into a thread title with “Labour Paine”. So I guess I am a real FJingerite now! 😊

me too with Cleveland :)

• Upvote 4

There’s Erin’s sister inn law Dakota Paine. And their son is Judah Indiana Paine. There are quite a few place names in the Paine family. 

• Upvote 8

I am happy you kids noticed your title contributions!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am happy you kids noticed your title contributions!!!

I am very proud its my second time, I am rather chuffed. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Erin posted about packing orders for her prayer cards and mentioned their "little warehouse". I think she has definitely left the boutique.

Screenshot_20211027-182019.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Erin posted about packing orders for her prayer cards and mentioned their "little warehouse". I think she has definitely left the boutique.

Screenshot_20211027-182019.png

I agree and thought the same thing. Who has she got helping. It didn’t look like her younger sisters and I know one is right now scrubbing Alyssa’s toilets in Florida… 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I agree and thought the same thing. Who has she got helping. It didn’t look like her younger sisters and I know one is right now scrubbing Alyssa’s toilets in Florida… 

She had 2 unknown women and Chad working on making the Memory cards. I was just thinking maybe Erin wanted to sell her more religious items in the boutique, like the memory cards and the other stuff she is selling now in her own website, i can see Whitney and Carlin refusing and that being the cause of their "split". 

About Ellie and Addalee i know you are joking but also i have been noticing it for awhile how much they use the poor girls as sister-moms.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

You would think the youngest girls in a family of 21 would avoid being sister moms. But nope. They get to be sister aunts. I would prefer to be sister aunts. But it’s still crappy that they just expect all girls 12+ to suddenly work for no money. I would pay my niece to watch my kids. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

I likely Finley better than Ensley which is really popular here. I also like it better than Kinsley.

I’ve always wondered - is Ensley pronounced like Ainsley or different?

21 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I’ve always wondered - is Ensley pronounced like Ainsley or different?

N-slee.

5 hours ago, llucie said:

About Ellie and Addalee i know you are joking but also i have been noticing it for awhile how much they use the poor girls as sister-moms.

I have said this before but I think they do it purposely to encourage the girls to marry young. Katie used to be the go-to sister aunt and now she gets to go on the fun trips and plan the wedding, etc while Addalee and Ellie go along to watch the kids and are probably eager to join in the fun, so they will start courting as soon as they can.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

There are jokes about recent popular baby names in my country. Newer generation of moms picked either crunchy-granola-hippie names like the my language's equivalent of "water", "leaves", or "blue", and the other went with some sort of western inspired/other languages hybrid names like "Queenza/Queensha/Queenzee", "Kenzo/Kenzie". We joked that one day we'll have a president named Queenzee. As for using places as a child's name, haven't found anyone except for my late aunt. My aunt named my cousin "Eiffel" because she wanted to visit Paris and the other "Unity" because that one was born in the USA. But course due to how we pronounce things, we called her name "Unity" as "oo-nee-tee". 😂😂😂

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, llucie said:

She had 2 unknown women and Chad working on making the Memory cards. I was just thinking maybe Erin wanted to sell her more religious items in the boutique, like the memory cards and the other stuff she is selling now in her own website, i can see Whitney and Carlin refusing and that being the cause of their "split". 

Oh no I wasn’t joking. Alyssa did a Insta post saying how one of the girls came back with her from the wedding and that they are having a “Pyjama day” scrubbing bathrooms and scrapbooking.  Yep nice little time with her sister come over and scrub my loo, I’ll give you a break from homeschooling. Fuck if I lived in Florida and my sister came over bathrooms would be the last of my concerns, I would be like DISNEY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

N-slee.

I have said this before but I think they do it purposely to encourage the girls to marry young. Katie used to be the go-to sister aunt and now she gets to go on the fun trips and plan the wedding, etc while Addalee and Ellie go along to watch the kids and are probably eager to join in the fun, so they will start courting as soon as they can.

Imagine being a teenager and never being allowed to go to a homecoming dance or prom. Imagine never getting to do the normal social clubs and sports in school. Your life is just homeschooling and chores at home with your siblings. Of course they will want to hurry up and get married. It’s their prom, homecoming, and graduation all rolled into one. But then what’s next? Lots and lots of babies to homeschool. What a fundie trap.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh no I wasn’t joking. Alyssa did a Insta post saying how one of the girls came back with her from the wedding and that they are having a “Pyjama day” scrubbing bathrooms and scrapbooking.  Yep nice little time with her sister come over and scrub my loo, I’ll give you a break from homeschooling. Fuck if I lived in Florida and my sister came over bathrooms would be the last of my concerns, I would be like DISNEY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!! 

She also claimed they weren’t going to do makeup while she’s wearing these giant made-up eyelashes. (Are they permanent?  I really have no idea. It just clearly looked like she had some makeup on while saying she didn’t.)

• Upvote 5

My daughter was photographed with another baby at daycare named Emerson. My mom wondered why Emerson was wearing pink and I said it's likely Emerson is a girl. English major mother gritted her teeth and sighed because we both know anything ending in -son is traditionally a boy's name. Of course my kid looks best in blue, so I suppose E could be a boy who looks good in pink.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
Riffles
  • Upvote 3

The Collingsworths are singing in Kentucky. These two couples have 7 kids between them and they are driving to Kentucky for a concert? Who is watching the kids? Fundies have more date nights than me and my husband. And we only have two kids. 

4FAF5BA0-E9F0-4E5E-916E-4A6B23AAEF41.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic