IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

Also, why does it have to be a feud

It doesn't of course and it may simply be diverging interests. Business is business after all, but even in business there is often a whole lot of emotion involved and with family businesses there is even a greater likelihood that emotions and old family stuff will get tangled in the mix. IMO  Gill and Kelly created an atmosphere  where the children had to compete for limited resources and they picked favourites not to mention the toxic atmosphere of fundamentalism - which all seems like a perfect formula to breed feuds. I am not surprised there has been a break between Erin/some family members - I am only surprised it took this long.

Edited by browngrl
As usual I made some silly grammar mistakes that are glaring enough that even I recognize them LOL
  • Upvote 13

I can’t think of any friends who could work with their siblings in a business and never fight. Therefore I can’t imagine those three never having a disagreement about the BSB. I’m guessing Carlin and Whit work so well together because they aren’t actually sisters. 

• Upvote 20

I hope the cousins can still play together often. For kids who neither go to school nor extracurricular activities, spending time with cousins same age is very important! Carson and Brook may feel lonely without Bradley and Kaci. 

• Upvote 5

Now that they bought Erin out, will she use that money for a new home? Or will she try to squish five kids into that tiny bedroom?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

While it's quite likely they they bought her out, none of the posts actually say that.  That could even lead to some bad feelings.  She most likely was doing very little for the company, originally because of her long COVID and then because she realized that she didn't want to and when they all finally decided to split they may have just said that they had been sharing money that she didn't actually contribute to and so there is no buy out.  Who knows, they will most likely never tell us.  I think that they put this out because of all the speculation and they knew that they had to finally say something public.  But she hasn't been seen spending time with them in months.  She has been skipping events without publicly acknowledging it and finally had to put out a statement because it was the elephant in the room.  I do think that there are bad feelings there but we probably will never get a public acknowledgement of it. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JMO said:

While it's quite likely they they bought her out, none of the posts actually say that.  That could even lead to some bad feelings.  She most likely was doing very little for the company, originally because of her long COVID and then because she realized that she didn't want to and when they all finally decided to split they may have just said that they had been sharing money that she didn't actually contribute to and so there is no buy out.  Who knows, they will most likely never tell us.  I think that they put this out because of all the speculation and they knew that they had to finally say something public.  But she hasn't been seen spending time with them in months.  She has been skipping events without publicly acknowledging it and finally had to put out a statement because it was the elephant in the room.  I do think that there are bad feelings there but we probably will never get a public acknowledgement of it. 

Erin's wording was "we've been in the process of passing over our part" and that sounds like a buy out to me. Again, I think this is why Kelly is involved and it might have been to keep Erin as part of the show. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Probably bought her out with some tracts and  fortune cookies filled with Bible verses and devotions. They did call it a “ministry.”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

20 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I think it means you just put in your first name and not a middle name. I did the same thing.

Ahhhh ok. So no middle name and they just repeat the first one. Hmpf and here I thought my answer were kind of special 😅

• Love 1

can anyone tell me why would anyone buy this ? who the hell do they think they are 😂

Spoiler

1419454371_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_08_47pm.thumb.png.2e0477f360d8724480498d2985149029.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I also wonder though if Erin simply needs to more cautious and close to home, given the high risks of her pregnancy. She may have health reasons to sell out and stay home.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I also wonder though if Erin simply needs to more cautious and close to home, given the high risks of her pregnancy. She may have health reasons to sell out and stay home.

That would work if her weekend/travel activities matched. She is traveling out of state to a conference, visiting grandparents, and a concert with Tori. So it isn't a safety issue for her or Chad. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now that they bought Erin out, will she use that money for a new home? Or will she try to squish five kids into that tiny bedroom?

I doubt the business is worth that much. In fact, I'd be surprised if it's turning a profit at all. I can't imagine that Erin's 1/3 share would be worth anywhere near the cost of a house, even in rural TN.

They may be selling things, but this doesn't mean they are turning a profit. To turn a profit, their income has to exceed the expenses. This is a pretty new business, with a lot of costs. Usually it takes several years for a business to make a profit. In fact, I wonder if Erin is leaving because the business is bleeding money and she doesn't want to put any more money into it (or assume its debts).

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Jackie3 said:

I doubt the business is worth that much. In fact, I'd be surprised if it's turning a profit at all. I can't imagine that Erin's 1/3 share would be worth anywhere near the cost of a house, even in rural TN.

They may be selling things, but this doesn't mean they are turning a profit. To turn a profit, their income has to exceed the expenses. This is a pretty new business, with a lot of costs. Usually it takes several years for a business to make a profit. In fact, I wonder if Erin is leaving because the business is bleeding money and she doesn't want to put any more money into it (or assume its debts).

They could have been saving up over the years they’ve spent renting a 2 bedroom 1 bath home. At least I hope they have. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t think of any friends who could work with their siblings in a business and never fight. Therefore I can’t imagine those three never having a disagreement about the BSB. I’m guessing Carlin and Whit work so well together because they aren’t actually sisters. 

I agree. Whitney is usually a people pleaser. The trio structure they set up was not the smartest because when you have three there will usually be 2 against 1. From the behind the scenes videos and glimpses on the show, Whitney is a doer. She is always packing boxes/packages. She's not the one shouting out directions during a photo shoot. Conversely Carlin and Erin are both people who like to be in charge. Anything that might come up they could potentially have divergent opinions on with Whitney left to side with one or the other. A few too many times of Whitney agreeing with Carlin over Erin, and Erin would naturally feel like the odd person out. The opposite would be true too. 

19 hours ago, browngrl said:

It doesn't of course and it may simply be diverging interests. Business is business after all, but even in business there is often a whole lot of emotion involved and with family businesses there is even a greater likelihood that emotions and old family stuff will get tangled in the mix. IMO  Gill and Kelly created an atmosphere  where the children had to compete for limited resources and they picked favourites not to mention the toxic atmosphere of fundamentalism - which all seems like a perfect formula to breed feuds. I am not surprised there has been a break between Erin/some family members - I am only surprised it took this long.

I was doing a rewatch of some early seasons and the few episodes of United Bates of America with a friend for a project she's working on about religion in "reality" television. She and I both noted how certain siblings (Alyssa most of all) always talk about how they are close to whichever one was in the spotlight at the moment. In those original series episodes she was like 17 at the time. However, the way she spoke about how close she was with Trace, Nathan, Warden, Michaela, Carlin, and Josie, it was like my second grader coming home from school to tell me who was her latest best friend. 

Kelly Jo admitted that her reason for doing the gifts at I Love You Day is to encourage some of the siblings who aren't as close to get to know each other better. However, in the next breath she's talking about how they are all best friends and as close as siblings can be. You can hear it now with the way the older girls talk about their own children. My baby and your baby are going to be best friends because they were both born the same month. Does it occur to them that the kids may hate each other? For example, (not trying to pick on the kids) Jadon, Charlotte and Hazel were all born the same month. What if Hazel is a little brat and Charlotte is into sports and getting dirty while Jadon is obsessed with music? It is more realistic for Josie, Tori, and Whitney to say, I'm glad I have someone to lean on when our kids start going through similar phases.

Kelly Jo and Gil did create a toxic environment for these kids. Most of all, you can see that they didn't help their kids create coping skills. They are taught from a young age to keep it sweet, avoid confrontation, and smush down emotions. While not fundamentalists, my parents were similar in their approach to my emotional health. I was taught you kept it bottled up. We know what happens when we bottle everything up. I went through years of therapy to even identify my emotions. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

23 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Plus even on Instagram, she made this comment which seemed like a dig at Carlin: 

Screenshot_20211123-210531.png

To be honest i think it was an excuse to snarker speculations as of why they are never together, like saying "we may see each other and dont record it because we rather enjoy the moment". Anyway it would be super hypocritical of her to criticize anyone social media presence while she is trying to make it as a youtuber and selling knick-knacks online like Paine construction t-shirts that nobody would buy if not because she has a social media presence and is a pretty sucessful influencer herself.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, llucie said:

To be honest i think it was an excuse to snarker speculations as of why they are never together, like saying "we may see each other and dont record it because we rather enjoy the moment". Anyway it would be super hypocritical of her to criticize anyone social media presence while she is trying to make it as a youtuber and selling knick-knacks online like Paine construction t-shirts that nobody would buy if not because she has a social media presence and is a pretty successful influencer herself.

She made a similar comment when she missed some sort of family event to go with Tori? to visit Papa Bill and Janie. While she took a few pics of her kids at the farm, she made the comment that she didn't take too many pics or videos because she was wanting to be present in making memories and not just behind the camera/phone (paraphrased). 

At the time, it felt like it was against Carlin who does video and photograph everything. However, you could also say it was against Alyssa who does the same and even her mother (who several of the kids have commented about taking pics). I have noticed that Kelly Jo can be quite obnoxious with the camera. She is literally standing there with a camera crew and has her phone out to shoot video of the latest birth. She's one of those who steps in front of the professional photographer at the wedding to get the shot on her phone that will probably be oversaturated and out of focus. 

I guess what will be the culmination of the speculation for me will be the birth of baby 5. Erin loves a crowd at her births. If protocols are relaxed, will she have bleachers set up in the delivery room or will she be more private about it? If her involvement or mindset has changed regarding her siblings and focus on her own children, it will be interesting to see who gets an invite either to the birth (if allowed) or comes by their house afterwards. I would add in Carlin's birth plans as a sign too, but since Erin is due first it would not be as indicative.  

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I doubt their sustainability as a business. These aren't women who know anything about business from the perspective of pricing. Yes, they earn a few dollars per dress with the mark ups. However, they are now renting a relatively large location that has space sitting empty. They are heating and cooling that space, running to local convenience stores and fast food for snacks, meals, etc. They have hired people to pack, ship, do social media, photograph, etc. Their equipment such as shelving and all seems to be standard retail type that you would buy off Amazon, Home Depot, or other place. 

Those dollars they make on a dress start dwindling when you talk expenses. Then there is the idea that originally it was just the sisters and the husbands "helped" on larger projects. Splitting the profits three ways gets complicated if Zach, Evan, and/or Chad were getting paid too. 

There is a big difference in keeping your head above water in a business and making it a profitable venture for all involved. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Dbm said:

who do you think she's going to look like ?

to me she looks like Everly and Holland 

Hide contents

692538149_Screenshot2021-11-26at1_25_07pm.thumb.png.e6c89869b9acce7629bd7ff34db71241.png1949079172_Screenshot2021-11-26at1_25_17pm.thumb.png.f77bfa3678239277bf648d1f9c38e5ec.png

I think she looks like the eldest two. She is going to favour chad. Three for him. Two for Erin. Well Holland is a mix more Erin than chad but still a mix and Everly is the most Erin in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Erin's posts at Katie's wedding seemed really passive aggressive to me.  The video showed her with Tori. Then the picture of her with Tori and her sister in law, proclaiming they were her best friends. I think there was tension at that wedding. 

• Upvote 8

Erin has always referred to Tori as her best friend though, plus she posted before the official pictures went up (so no shots of Katie's dress). I think she posted at all because there was be specualtion if she didn't. 

• Upvote 2

When is Erin’s baby due? I think I read somewhere that it is due in January but wondered if that accounts for Erin delivering early (as she invariably does). If not, then the baby could arrive this month. Goodness, squeezing five children into that tiny cottage will be a challenge. No matter how pretty it is I’d be desperate for more space. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Erin has always referred to Tori as her best friend though, plus she posted before the official pictures went up (so no shots of Katie's dress). I think she posted at all because there was be specualtion if she didn't. 

Erin calls everyone her best friend. Her mom, Carson, Chad, Tori, everyone basically. I don’t think Erin understands the definition of “best.”

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic