IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

18 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

You don't need any formal training to become a teacher.

You misunderstood my point, which was referring to why so people are wishing the Bates women would take some formal training in teaching.  But then again, I think you intentionally misunderstand a lot.  You seem perfectly smart reading a number of your posts but seem to like to play dumb just to see what happens..

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
more thoughts
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:53 PM, SamanthasMom said:

As a group, these families do not value education which is why they minimally allocate time and resources to it. I honestly have always thought homeschooling was more about the logistics of getting these mega-families out the door than teaching or avoiding any specific curriculum.

I met the homeschoolers when my daughter went to a private Christian school. They had a big P.E. program including another Christian school and the homeschoolers.

Holey moley, did I meet them: a lady who wrote her own curriculum for 7 kids, the Suzuki violin crowd (and believe me, families sacrificed a lot financially to keep kids in this) . We had children's theater in our town at that time, and they were all in that. Plus 4-H.

So their kid hit the ball out of the park in P.E., rushed home to play his big piano solo at the play plus act in it, then show his 4-H ribbons. 

And I had this kid who acted like Kelly Bundy. It was overwhelming.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, SassyPants said:

Of the fundies we most commonly discuss, the only person who seemed to have a decent homeschool education was AnnaMarie Maxwell. The rest just seemed to receive the minimum around babies, diapers, laundry, cleaning and open and dump cooking. For most, at best, a basic 4-5th grade education. Criminal is what that is.

I dunno. I think Erica Shupe, Beall Phillips and Lisa Pennington (just to name 3, there are more) have literate children.

• Upvote 2

I would never homeschool! I'm trained in how to teach middle and senior years kids but not early years. We were home Wednesday and Thursday due to a blizzard and I was exhausted trying to keep a toddler active, engaged and learning. We sang songs, read books, coloured pictures, did online dance classes, dyed eggs, played with dolls and did physical play, went outside when there was a lull in the snow and my kid still got into everything! Give me tweens and teens any day of the week ! I love my girl like crazy but I need help from others to keep her learning. Daycare reopens on Tuesday. Cue happy dance!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, byzant said:

I  think the issue is someone( Jackie3)  can be a delusional asshole who thinks their fan theories are fact but also no one else is entitled to have fan theories  and also is super aggressive about other folk drawing different conclusions for the same evidence without breaking any rules- a delusional and unpleasant dickhead but not bannable- I highly recommend the block feature 

I didn't realize I could block someone. I looked a while ago, couldn't figure out how to do it and sucked it up but that poster is now blocked. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

I homeschooled my oldest for a bit before we joined a co-op. It was only ever going to be the first 3 years. (The school we were set on was a looooong commute away involving bus, ferry and potentially a train, depending on the time of day which I didn’t want to inflict on a very young kid.)

The specific curriculum I opted for didn’t just have all lessons planned out, craft and music supplies included if wanted, but also had a MASSIVE folder on HOW to teach the lessons. Put together by experienced, qualified teachers. None of the other options I looked into had it and it was the only thing that gave me the confidence to homeschool! We ended up moving cross country before the 3 years were up and enrolled in a lovely school. 
During lockdown the folder came out again and was used heavily even with the school teacher providing the curriculum. It also was great help in thinking up stuff for the 2 younger ones who hadn’t started school yet! 

I can’t believe the hubris it takes to assume I can pop in a DVD/hand out a workbook and my eleventy children aged 2-17 will come out fully educated. Especially if I have no higher education or skills or experience! 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 4

In my class of just 8 kids, I could almost say that they all have different learning styles. Whiz kid #1 has lots of experience playing with other 3D programs and animation. He occasionally tries to argue with me about how to do certain things...until I pull the specs out. Whiz kid #2 needs a demo. The rest go between "leave me alone, I've got it" and "I have no idea what you're talking about". There's a reason I come home exhausted. I could not see anyone having the time, energy or ability to homeschool 6-10+ kids on different levels with different learning styles...just no. The true test will be in the fall when I have 24 middle schoolers twice a week for enrichment STEM activities...and yes, they're all homeschoolers. I have some former homeschoolers in my class and they are all on or above grade level (10th-12th) grades. 

• Love 4

Looks like the Paines will be attending the wedding, Carson is the ring bearer. Kaci and Khloe are flower girls. So far Alyssa is the only one sitting this wedding out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

20 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

You don't need any formal training to become a teacher. If you have it, that's great, but you don't need it any longer. You just need a BA. Teachers aren't spending years in child development classes.

Most states have alternative programs that allow anyone with a BA to teach. There's lots of other options that will qualify you for a certification (like going to the Peace Corps)

Not where I live.  You can get an emergency credential, but then you have to back it up by taking the classes and the certification tests.   Teachers haven't needed years of child development classes in the last 50 years, but they do need some training in child development, but more in pedagogy.  

• Upvote 9

Nothing to see here……I wasn’t communicating my point very well.

Edited by catlady

8 hours ago, Guanabana said:

Looks like the Paines will be attending the wedding, Carson is the ring bearer. Kaci and Khloe are flower girls. So far Alyssa is the only one sitting this wedding out. 

My guess is that Erin will go alone with Carson and the baby, just like she did for the shower. If all the kids were coming, I feel like Brooke would be a flower girl. But it is also easier to travel with a 6 year old and a baby than 5 kids and costs a lot less.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Posters that just annoy me I ignore, but this poster is toxic

Time for me to use ye olde ignore function...

On 4/17/2022 at 8:42 AM, Ali said:

I have not figured out if you hate teachers or if you are a troll.

Both?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2022 at 5:21 PM, Jackie3 said:

You don't need any formal training to become a teacher. If you have it, that's great, but you don't need it any longer. You just need a BA. Teachers aren't spending years in child development classes.

Most states have alternative programs that allow anyone with a BA to teach. There's lots of other options that will qualify you for a certification (like going to the Peace Corps)

Perhaps wherever you live it could be true, but teachers here must have a teaching degree and then undergo constant training for accreditation and maintenance in a cycle. And there are minimum standards for acceptance into teaching degrees at university.

https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/teacher-accreditation/teaching-qualifications/studying-teaching

I don’t see why you’re so hateful towards teachers. It says a lot about you (and it’s not saying anything good). 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic