IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Collingsworths are singing in Kentucky. These two couples have 7 kids between them and they are driving to Kentucky for a concert? Who is watching the kids? Fundies have more date nights than me and my husband. And we only have two kids. 

4FAF5BA0-E9F0-4E5E-916E-4A6B23AAEF41.jpeg

My guess is Michael.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

My guess is Michael.

“Hey Michael, since you having been dealing with infertility for the lat 5 years, I was wondering if you wanted to watch our 7 young children for no free. K thanx bye!”

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

On 10/28/2021 at 9:59 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Oh no I wasn’t joking. Alyssa did a Insta post saying how one of the girls came back with her from the wedding and that they are having a “Pyjama day” scrubbing bathrooms and scrapbooking.  Yep nice little time with her sister come over and scrub my loo, I’ll give you a break from homeschooling. Fuck if I lived in Florida and my sister came over bathrooms would be the last of my concerns, I would be like DISNEY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!! 

OMG i cant believe that. In her last youtube video Alyssa literally called her a "helper" but i though she would just have her babysitting. Having her scrubbing the bathroom is beyond mean. Poor Ellie.

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

My guess is Michael.

Her or Addallee. They seem to be the go to babysitters at the moment.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

How long of a drive is that? An overnight trip? 

Looks like about a 3 hour drive.  6 hours round trip seems like a bit much for a single day imo, but it could go either way I guess.

• Upvote 6

Pregnant Erin, who had covid twice, with very bad health consequences, is in an unmasked event. Nice.

I bet Michael got some of the kids and the others went to the Bates house. This said, it is possible that Carson and Brooklyn are no hard work for the auntmoms and they even help with their sisters. Erin is all happiness and smiles on IG, but she has "trained" children for sure. In addition, she has been very ill for a long time. In that situations, children learn to care for themselves a lot and they probably know how to do chores more than average kids.

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

I HATE it when Aunts get the kids dumped on them just because they haven't got any of their own (yet)! My brother regularly does that and it drives me nuts! "Oh, I ve got to go to a building site - here look after  one, two or all four of my kids , I'll be back in half an hour or so..... usually it is at least two.... Ok, I live in the same house  so it is convienient for him... but I might have different things planned for the day...  Of course Michael might always enjoy doing it (cant imagine that, however much you love kids) but on the other hand she has been raised to always have a "servants heart" and might not be able to say "no".... I wasn't raised that way and I find it hard eought to say "no" to my sibings.... 

• Upvote 9

19 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Pregnant Erin, who had covid twice, with very bad health consequences, is in an unmasked event. Nice.

I bet Michael got some of the kids and the others went to the Bates house. This said, it is possible that Carson and Brooklyn are no hard work for the auntmoms and they even help with their sisters. Erin is all happiness and smiles on IG, but she has "trained" children for sure. In addition, she has been very ill for a long time. In that situations, children learn to care for themselves a lot and they probably know how to do chores more than average kids.

Carson and Brooklyn? Aren't they 6 and 5?

They aren't infants, but even the best behaved 5 and 6 year olds need help and guidance. Can they take a shower without help, and wash their own hair? I imagine Carson can handle this, but Brookie? Can they tie their own shoes? Can they make themselves a snack? Find their coats and zip them up? Put themselves to bed? Can they be trusted around the Bates horses without supervision? 

I think there's still a lot to do with 5 and 6 year olds.

I don't see how they can help with a 1 and 3 year old. Carson and Brookie are far too young to change diapers, heat milk, prepare baby food in a cuisinart,  or bathe toddlers. They certainly can't be trusted to watch Evy/Holland and keep them safe. Even the Bates wouldn't put Brookie in charge of two toddlers and then go off to the store or take a shower.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

I admit my 6 year old needs to do more on his own. I let him get away with too much. He is often saying, “but I can’t do it!” So I will do it for him. My older son was more independent at the same age. I bet Carson and Brook can do so much for themselves because Erin cannot do things for them since they have 2 younger siblings and she’s pregnant. It’s just the logistics of having more than one kid. The older ones always have to learn to do things on their own because the younger ones need mommy’s help. But in large quiverful families, it’s this dynamic times 100. The older ones become parentified or made mini adults at a young age. And it’s unfair to them. 

• Upvote 10

On 10/30/2021 at 4:05 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Collingsworths are singing in Kentucky. These two couples have 7 kids between them and they are driving to Kentucky for a concert? Who is watching the kids? Fundies have more date nights than me and my husband. And we only have two kids. 

4FAF5BA0-E9F0-4E5E-916E-4A6B23AAEF41.jpeg

This pic is so shocking to me, all the unmasked (and probably unvaccinated, untested) people. Just looking at it makes me anxious. I know we've been in the pandemic for a while, but more than a thousand people a day are dying from covid in the US right now. No one I know in the US is going to stuff like this. Well, if they are they aren't posting it to social media. 

• Upvote 16
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

This pic is so shocking to me, all the unmasked (and probably unvaccinated, untested) people. Just looking at it makes me anxious. I know we've been in the pandemic for a while, but more than a thousand people a day are dying from covid in the US right now. No one I know in the US is going to stuff like this. Well, if they are they aren't posting it to social media. 

I know. I’m very lucky to live where I live. My mom lives in my small hometown that is trump country. She tells me no one wears masks. Then she comes to where I live and everyone wears masks indoors. Same state, different city. This pandemic has made me totally adamant that I will never live in a red county again. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same state, different city. This pandemic has made me totally adamant that I will never live in a red county again. 

Even living in a blue county isn't enough if you're in a red state. My best friend lives in Austin and Texas has mostly prevented them from instituting life-saving measures. Her whole family got covid despite being vaccinated and being as careful as they could and wearing masks everywhere, since everything around them was unregulated.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 1

Just now, lumpentheologie said:

Even living in a blue county isn't enough if you're in a red state. My best friend lives in Austin and Texas has mostly prevented them from instituting life-saving measures. Her whole family got covid despite being vaccinated and being as careful as they could and wearing masks everywhere, since everything around them was unregulated.  

I’ve also realized I will never live in Texas! I would love to visit Austin sometime. But the crazy shit they’ve done during the pandemic made me realize how fucked up their government really is. 

• Upvote 15
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve also realized I will never live in Texas! I would love to visit Austin sometime. But the crazy shit they’ve done during the pandemic made me realize how fucked up their government really is. 

And their abortion law has made them look backwards and horrible to the non fundie rest of the world. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

8 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

No one I know in the US is going to stuff like this. Well, if they are they aren't posting it to social media. 

I live in a very blue area, and crowds of people have been attending football games for months. Outdoors but unmasked, thousands together in a stadium. 

Most are vaccinated, though, so there's that. If you believe in science and the vaccine, it's not a terribly risky thing to do, though I haven't done it (more because I don't care for football).

OTOH, rules here are inconsistently applied. Costco and the malls were packed with shoppers last Christmas, but schools were still shut down. College basketball players could play unmasked, but you had to mask up for a local yoga class. 

A young relative is applying to college now, and she's finding the same inconsistency with college tours. As a general rule, it's "unsafe" for the school to allow vaccinated students and their parents to walk around outside with a tour guide to see the school. However, there are a special set of rules for those groups that the university especially wants to apply. Tours are allowed for those special groups of students. 

This is the sort of thing that makes people skeptical about following public health rules.

Erin and co, though, are being idiots since I doubt they are vaxxed and I'm sure the crowd around them are mostly unvaxxed also.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 6

Were the Collinsworths singing at the Ark Encounter? If so, that is about a 3-hour drive from the Bates.

Also, apropos of nothing:

Joy, Paine, Sunshine, Rain

• Upvote 1

I'm in NYC and have gone to MSG at least 6 times in the last 2 months. No one wears a mask anymore. I'm not sure why people in Tennessee would either. There's no mask mandate and everyone is mentally exhausted. We do need to present a vax card but I personally know a ton of people that got Covid after they were vaxxed. I know I'll get shit for this but even in the most liberal of cities people are done.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

People may be done with the pandemic, but pandemics are not done with us. Also, personally, I love how many fewer colds & flus I'm getting, wearing a mask. Vastly fewer. I'm following Asia's lead & the masks are now a permanent part of my leaving-the-house kit, like my sun hat, dark shades, phone, & purse.

• Upvote 20
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

I pretty much just go to the grocery store, but everyone there masks up. My university still requires masks in the classroom (I'm online but I see my professors wearing masks in every lecture posted still. On one hand I want this to be over with. On the other hand, winter is coming up and I don't trust people. 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Here in Barcelona masks are mandatory indoors (stores, schools, offices, etc) and it is supposed to be worn in crowded outdoors, too. Everybody is exhausted, but flu season is near, so we'll probably will still wear masks for a while.

• Upvote 12

Tired of hearing people talk about how wearing masks has hurt our immune systems because we haven't been catching colds. Fuck. I have had enough colds, I think I'm good if I miss a few.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

Whenever I go to the grocery store where I live, I'm always aghast at how many people aren't wearing masks since we currently have the second highest covid transmission rate in the country... Then I remember how it got that way. From all the idiots who refuse to wear a mask. And I'm in a blue county!

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

On 11/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, PinkGreyBrown said:

I'm following Asia's lead & the masks are now a permanent part of my leaving-the-house kit, like my sun hat, dark shades, phone, & purse.

Me too. I noticed two big benefits from mask wearing: fewer colds and my melasma is much improved (melasma is very sun sensitive and the mask nicely covers the area where the discolouration is the worst). I'm also done with shaking hands. I never liked it before covid and I'd much rather fist bump or better yet just give a friendly nod or wave to end/begin an encounter. 

NB I'm fully vaccinated (don't have the booster yet because it has not yet been released to my age/health group where I live)

• Upvote 11

My mind is just blown that masks aren’t required indoors in so many states. In my province, they are mandatory for anyone over two. Churches, theatres, restaurants are still at reduced capacity. The southern part of my province is very right wing, Evangelical and only has a 40% double vaxxed rate. The rest of the province is close to 80% double vaxxed. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 10/25/2021 at 6:14 PM, JDuggs said:

The name Finley is starting to grow on me. It’s easy to say, easy to spell. I don’t think Finley Paine will ever be embarrassed that she was given a trendy name for the times. It reminds me of Brittany, Ashley, Lindsey, etc.  None of those names are popular now. We (unfortunately) have a Supreme Court justice named Amy. In twenty more years, we could have a president named Ashley or Taylor. They are cutesy names, but can be carried off by professional women. Names come and go. Some make comebacks, some don’t. It doesn’t make them horrible names.

Taylor is actually my son's name. He is 8, it's a name I've wanted for a boy since I was 16 (and ended up having an abortion) but that was back in 2005. I don't know where I heard it but I've always liked it. Now its popular for girls, luckily most of them are slightly younger or I'm sure my son would complain that he has the same name as the girls in his class. 

• Upvote 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic