IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

Surprise - not! Unattractive as I find Nathan, someone has to procreate with him. These two have been all over each other since the beginning so an announcement was only a matter of time.

Good for them, I suppose, for not announcing at Lawson’s wedding. Though I’m sure they’ll be fielding a lot of congratulations and sucking up attention the fame whore bride and groom would rather reserve for themselves. 

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Wow those photos… Nathan sure is punching above his weight isn’t he?  😂😂

This makes no sense to me but I really hope it’s not fat shaming, because that’s nothing but disgusting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I’ve always been attracted to men Nathan’s size. I just like bigger guys. But his being unattractive to me is his constant fake smile (I hate fake looking smiles) and his sexist attitude towards women. 

• Upvote 17

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve always been attracted to men Nathan’s size. I just like bigger guys. But his being unattractive to me is his constant fake smile (I hate fake looking smiles) and his sexist attitude towards women. 

My husband is tall and large and basically a nerdy teddy bear. Nathan is...weird.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, postscript said:

Good for them, I suppose, for not announcing at Lawson’s wedding. Though I’m sure they’ll be fielding a lot of congratulations and sucking up attention the fame whore bride and groom would rather reserve for themselves. 

I've never understood this attitude. Is nothing supposed to happen in the four-week radius around a wedding? Do things need to be absolutely boring--no engagements or pregnancies--so that 100% of everyone's mind is on the bride and groom? What if someone gets sick, is that bad etiquette?

Perhaps it's because these couples are so young. I knew a 40-something couple who were delighted when a SIL became pregnant around the day of their wedding. It added to their joy. They didn't care at all if people said, "Did you hear Carol is pregnant? Let's congratulate her." There were still plenty of people congratulating the bride and groom.

These young couples are deluding themselves if they think everyone's mind is on them, anyway. I've never been to a wedding where I focused 100% on the bride and groom. Actually, usually I was glad when these events were over.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

The thing is, girls and women are always told that weddings are “their day” and “the best day of their life” and so on and so forth. When you read about planning a wedding, it’s all about doing things (general) you want. So I can understand that some people might get annoyed or upset if someone else announced something like an engagement or pregnancy. Although it’s different if the engagement took place on a separate day to the wedding; an actual proposal at a wedding is a well-known social no-no. 

Just because you’re not focused 100% on the couple at a wedding, doesn’t mean others are the same. You don’t sound like you enjoy weddings. Lots of people do. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

This makes no sense to me but I really hope it’s not fat shaming, because that’s nothing but disgusting. 

Punching above your weight is an Australian slang saying for an average guy who has a stunning girlfriend.. Nothing about weight at all. 😂😂😂

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 10

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

These young couples are deluding themselves if they think everyone's mind is on them, anyway. I've never been to a wedding where I focused 100% on the bride and groom. Actually, usually I was glad when these events were over.

But you've never been a fundie maiden! Whose life as a child existed in the prison of a fundie family until a glimpse of the light of freedom appeared in the form of courtship with a virile fundie headship! The pinnacle of all her hopes and dreams in the fundie wedding! The proof of her worth as a human woman in being selected by a fundie groom! And oh, the joy of blessing after blessing, each bump cradled in successive pics on facebook. This is all these girls have. This is why it's such a big deal to have their (one) day front and center.

• Upvote 5

Didn’t find Nathan attractive in the old “mud” photos with a 6 pack and don’t find him attractive now. I always feel like the smarm is oozing so badly it might leave my screen 🤢

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Didn’t find Nathan attractive in the old “mud” photos with a 6 pack and don’t find him attractive now. I always feel like the smarm is oozing so badly it might leave my screen 🤢

His racist, hateful beliefs really do shine through, don’t they. Of all the Bates Nathan seems to be the one who is the most openly awful. He has behaved so badly in front of cameras it is rather scary to think what he is like in private, because I’m sure he is worse.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

22 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Wow those photos… Nathan sure is punching above his weight isn’t he?  😂😂

100%. All I can think is that she must be pretty darn ugly on the inside to settle for Nathan.

• Upvote 16

22 hours ago, postscript said:

Surprise - not! Unattractive as I find Nathan, someone has to procreate with him. These two have been all over each other since the beginning so an announcement was only a matter of time.

he used to be cute but then he gained a whole bunch of weight and that made his baby face stand out quite more. he got a dad bod before he even got married, 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

100%. All I can think is that she must be pretty darn ugly on the inside to settle for Nathan.

Exactly. She has to have been okay with a whole lot of awful stuff to marry him. 

• Upvote 12

42 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Exactly. She has to have been okay with a whole lot of awful stuff to marry him. 

my mom always says it's not about looks but personality, if a guy can make you laugh he becomes a lot more attractive to you. 

so it's not all about looks plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2

20 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Punching above your weight is an Australian slang saying for an average guy who has a stunning girlfriend.. Nothing about weight at all. 😂😂😂

Specifically, it's a boxing reference! Boxing, like wrestling, divides competitors up into different competition classes by their weight in an attempt to make it more fair by pitting similarly sized people against each other. If you can punch above your weight, you can knock out someone much bigger than yourself; aka you are performing way better than expected. I think an American describing the average guy with a hot girlfriend phenomenon would be more likely to reach for "out of his league" which could have come into metaphorical usage from a variety of sports but personally I suspect baseball.... 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

27 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

my mom always says it's not about looks but personality, if a guy can make you laugh he becomes a lot more attractive to you. 

so it's not all about looks plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder

It's Nathan Bates. We know he has a horrible personality, which would suggest she too has a horrible personality.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

To me, her smile looks pretty fixed in the pictures.  It's probably reading into it - who knows how she is feeling, how many frames they've taken, etc - but I can envision anyone getting pretty sick of being married to Nathan.  "No, honey, the people in that warzone NEED your help."

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

To me, her smile looks pretty fixed in the pictures.  It's probably reading into it - who knows how she is feeling, how many frames they've taken, etc - but I can envision anyone getting pretty sick of being married to Nathan.  "No, honey, the people in that warzone NEED your help."

Quietly, that was also my theory. At least if this relationship is not all but both wanted to be Nathan can use the excuse of needing to fly all over the world with medical to put some distance between him and his wife.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

His racist, hateful beliefs really do shine through, don’t they. Of all the Bates Nathan seems to be the one who is the most openly awful. He has behaved so badly in front of cameras it is rather scary to think what he is like in private, because I’m sure he is worse.

He really does trigger me the most as Zack and Lawson have always looked good to me once they reached their 20s and we know they probably believe the exact same horrifying shit. And that is with all the preening and posing Lawson does 😂 I don’t find ears that stick out unattractive either and truly don’t think it is “features” based.  
100% agreed that he worries me the most behaviour wise behind closed doors! 

21 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

😶

My apologies for only posting the emoji, but like I said previously in the thread: boobs and face don't lie in pregnancy! It is most people's tell!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

He really does trigger me the most as Zack and Lawson have always looked good to me once they reached their 20s and we know they probably believe the exact same horrifying shit. And that is with all the preening and posing Lawson does 😂 I don’t find ears that stick out unattractive either and truly don’t think it is “features” based.  
100% agreed that he worries me the most behaviour wise behind closed doors! 

I also can't remember ever seeing a single redeeming quality from Nathan. A sense of humor, a genuine love of children, anything. All we see is the toxic beliefs and a huge sense of self-importance. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

I find that couple unattractive because she looks fake and he looks dumb.

This said, I hateee the expression "out of his league" or other expression like that. So a beauty can only date another beauty? Uglies can only date uglies? A fat one dating a slim one is worth a joke?

I know that if Nathan was a nice guy he would receive less commenta about his physical appearance, but as a "pretty" girl who had a "not handsome" boyfriemd for years, the comments make me sad. Because I know I was critisized sometimes for choosing him... Just because the looks. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Their future "gender reveal" is going to be soooo extra--and will no doubt involve an airplane.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I also can't remember ever seeing a single redeeming quality from Nathan. A sense of humor, a genuine love of children, anything. All we see is the toxic beliefs and a huge sense of self-importance. 

I wonder who dodged the bigger bullet when the courtship ended , Nathan or Ashley
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I find that couple unattractive because she looks fake and he looks dumb.

This said, I hateee the expression "out of his league" or other expression like that. So a beauty can only date another beauty? Uglies can only date uglies? A fat one dating a slim one is worth a joke?

I know that if Nathan was a nice guy he would receive less commenta about his physical appearance, but as a "pretty" girl who had a "not handsome" boyfriemd for years, the comments make me sad. Because I know I was critisized sometimes for choosing him... Just because the looks. 

Yeah, I don't think physical appearance should factor in at all and I also do think Esther looks fake and I don't find her all that attractive (especially compared to the other women in the family). I feel like Nathan and Esther are both awful, hateful people and probably well matched. 

23 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I wonder who dodged the bigger bullet when the courtship ended , Nathan or Ashley

Ashley's sister who would probably have been  expected to marry Trace 😂?

Honestly, I almost wish Nathan had married Ashley because they are both so awful. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic