IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The last thing Esther & baby need are a passel of selfie-taking relatives around. There was zero reason for Lawson & Tiffany to go for the birth. (other than social media content)

Not to mention we’re now into peak RSV and respiratory virus season! An influencer I follow posted lots of stories of people visiting her brand new babe immediately after she gave birth, and then a few days later, babe came down with a respiratory virus and ended up hospitalized. She posted later about how they’re now limiting visitors and anyone who does come needs to wear a mask 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

I can't decide who Kenna looks like.  

Who all was in that room? I saw Kelly, Gil, Lawson, Tiffani, Addie, Jed, Jud, Abbie and John Duggar, and I'm not sure who the couple on the couch were. They're not worrying about germs. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, Keys said:

True! I mean if it makes them feel good and they are happy to do that, that’s one thing. But I just can’t imagine taking the time to do your hair and makeup like that immediately after giving birth - those first few hours are so precious with the snuggles, skin to skin, and breastfeeding (if they breastfeed). 

I had a c-section so I was pretty out of it. I did however the next morning, clean up my hair and put on some light make up. Its my thing. 

• Upvote 2

Based on the way Tiffany is drooling over that baby, she and Lawson are probably trying hard for one of their own. Be careful what you wish for, Tiffany. Babies are a lot of work when you can’t give them back after the photo op. Particularly when the male half of the couple apparently does very little. They will also cramp that constant traveling lifestyle. 

Nathan is very cylindrical. His head and neck are the same size all the way from top to bottom. It would be interesting to see a picture of him next to Tim Rodrigues, who is very pointy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

30 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I can't decide who Kenna looks like.  

Who all was in that room? I saw Kelly, Gil, Lawson, Tiffani, Addie, Jed, Jud, Abbie and John Duggar, and I'm not sure who the couple on the couch were. They're not worrying about germs. 

So I think the pictures might have been taken over a couple days but I saw:

Gil, Kelly, Jeb, Judson, Callie, Ellie and Addallee. 

Lawson and Tiffany.

JD and Abbie, Jeb and Katey, and Jer and Hannah Duggar.

Plus Gabbie and Andrew Patton and some other guy. Joy is the only real housewife missing. 

• Upvote 2

At least Callie finally got to get out of the house and go on a trip. Tiffany mentioned that Callie was traveling with them.

I agree though, too many people with the newborn, the germ and virus factor makes me cringe.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 4

My kids were born pre Covid but they were born in the fall and winter (so cold and flu season). And I was not keen on a bunch of visitors. I can’t imagine having that many people visit me in the hospital. How exhausting. 

BTW, I very rarely visit my friends in the hospital right after having the baby because I always assume they are tired. I usually wait a week or more before taking food or something to their house and see the new baby. Unless they insist I go to the hospital. But most people don’t. 

• Upvote 5

I was SO GRATEFUL for the covid visitor restrictions in the hospital after I’d given birth. Just my husband and my mom were allowed to be there. I would have been completely overwhelmed with anyone else there… the majority of our awake time was spent doing skin-to-skin, breastfeeding, hand-expressing and pumping. And I was also a hormonal exhausted mess. The thought of so many people coming and presumably wanting to hold the baby would have stressed me out so much. I love my family, but for them it’s the norm to wait in the waiting room while you’re in labour and come into the delivery room intermittently and definitely as soon as babe is out. No thank you!!! I had preeclampsia, so we were there for 3 days after I gave birth. Honestly for the next baby(ies), we’ll probably tell the family either that there’s still a visitor restriction in place or that we aren’t having visitors until after we are home. 

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 6

No one could wait in the waiting room for my second birth. It was in the middle of the night and labor was less than 2 hours. No one knew I had been in labor until it was all over. 

• Upvote 4

With my first I was in the hospital for less than 48 hours from start to finish and my mom and bff were my only visitors. With my second, I was home within 12 hours of giving birth and had no visitors. With my third, she was a preemie and i had a c-sextion and the hospital stay for me was longer and then she was there for 3 weeks. 

I had a couple friends visit and all my husband's siblings and their spouses visited my daughter during her stay (plus my mom). 

With my first two, we were fine with visitors right away and had tons of company but with my third I was so burnt out after 3 weeks in the NICU plus her heart issue that we asked for a few weeks to settle in with her before we had many visitors and we only saw my mom, stepdad and bff. 

• Love 2

I’m really not used to letting people know you are in labor. Most people around me will only tell once the baby is born. Maybe the mothers mother will know if she wants her present but mostly it’s a thing for the new parents.

I would really hate it if I knew people were waiting and/or we had to update them.

The new grandparents will visit within a day, aunts and uncles somewhere in the next week and friends will not come over until at least 2 weeks after the birth.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 5

It looks like they went out to dinner for their anniversary. I remember being less than a week post delivery. I was still a disaster. My boobs were leaking constantly. I was still wearing giant pads. I had stitches that were uncomfortable. My baby had his days and nights mixed up so I was very tired. I’m always amazed at how well other people adjust after birth. I always use my own situation and assume everyone else is like me. Nope. Some people probably feel good a few days after birth. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like they went out to dinner for their anniversary. I remember being less than a week post delivery. I was still a disaster. My boobs were leaking constantly. I was still wearing giant pads. I had stitches that were uncomfortable. My baby had his days and nights mixed up so I was very tired. I’m always amazed at how well other people adjust after birth. I always use my own situation and assume everyone else is like me. Nope. Some people probably feel good a few days after birth. 

I was surprised by how good I felt physically after birth. Really no pain around the stitches or anything. The only really painful part was the engorgement when my milk came in 3 days after delivering. Emotionally, though, I was a total disaster. Crying multiple times per day for really no reason, feeling anxious, sad that the pregnancy had come to an abrupt end (I had preeclampsia). I had a phone appointment with the maternity counsellor when babe was about 10 days old, and I remember hardly being able to speak on the phone with her at all because I was just crying! I’m sure the profound lack of sleep, hormones, and our stressful situation around the delivery were all contributors. Would definitely have not been up for going to a restaurant either! 

• Love 13

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was a mess too. I had back labor and my back spasmed for about a week at random times. I had a low milk supply and a hospital overly invested in everyone breastfeeding unless they'd had a double mastectomy, so feeding was nonstop drama. Baby had been readmitted for dehydration on days3-4 because of it, and his poor gut took awhile to get the hang of full feedings.

Yeah, we weren't going anywhere. I get wanting to celebrate your first anniversary, but that's why birth control is a beautiful thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

What’s funny is that right after I gave birth I felt great! I guess it was that rush of endorphins. But then a few hours later I crashed and I was exhausted. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

We went away on an anniversary trip to Napa Valey with our newborn (1st baby) when she was 16 days old. We stayed in a Victorian hotel and my husband picked up burgers for us. I was made for pregnancy (easy) and c-section recovery (easier). It was the birthing that was the problem. As I recall, the trip consisted of lots of walks outside. It was June-

• Upvote 2

I was a HOT MESS postpartum for about 10 weeks.  I remember going to visit my work at week 6 because my husband went back to work and she spit up all over me like 3x there and I just put wiped it off with a towel like it was nbd and I'm not even convinced I changed after I got home.

I was a mess before, though, because I think after a certain point in my labor I would introduce myself to each person who entered the room and then say "are you here for my cervix?" or something like that.  Not an ounce of shame.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

2 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I was a HOT MESS postpartum for about 10 weeks.  I remember going to visit my work at week 6 because my husband went back to work and she spit up all over me like 3x there and I just put wiped it off with a towel like it was nbd and I'm not even convinced I changed after I got home.

I was a mess before, though, because I think after a certain point in my labor I would introduce myself to each person who entered the room and then say "are you here for my cervix?" or something like that.  Not an ounce of shame.

With my first I was bleeding for 8 weeks after having him. I went to the doctor and she was like, you’re still bleeding? Turns out I had retained placenta. I was such a mess who just tends to suck things up. So I just went on with life for 8 weeks even though I was bleeding that whole time. I’ve gotten better about not just sucking things up until they get really bad. I will ask for help nowadays. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 18

I felt great after giving birth…physically. Mentally/emotionally, I was a mess, thanks to hormones, and compounded by lactation struggles. The smallest thing would trigger inconsolable crying. Thankfully, after a few days, I was better. I certainly remember I did not want to see anyone other than my son and my husband, and medical professionals, in those days. My mom visited after 10 days and stayed for a few months, and it was wonderful. I’m ever grateful to my partner who was there holding my hand in those first few days when I felt the most vulnerable.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Not sure if I'll ever have children but if I do I have a feeling I'll be crying a lot after birth cause damn I cry when I read books (especially childhood best friends to lovers stories) and cry at the end of TV shows. The series finale of Derry Girls made me cry recently 😆😅

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Not sure if I'll ever have children but if I do I have a feeling I'll be crying a lot after birth cause damn I cry when I read books (especially childhood best friends to lovers stories) and cry at the end of TV shows. The series finale of Derry Girls made me cry recently 😆😅

I cry at any kind of processional. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

A weird thing that happened to me after giving birth is I can’t tolerate watching anything on TV anymore that involves murder or people getting hurt, and I used to LOVE crime shows. It makes me so uncomfortable and anxious now, for some reason! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

me too Derry girls is lovely

I balled at the end of the last series too 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I cry at everything but after birth I did not. Too much adrenaline.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic