IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

4 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I feel like this is something Nathan Bates would do.

1DBA4B31-8D26-4A1A-9A42-C8C158AC3841.jpeg

Yup. The word he's looking for is "Fremdschämen", btw - literally "stranger embarrassment ". So very useful!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

On 3/19/2022 at 3:31 PM, CarrotCake said:

I see some people referencing to Ukraine as ‘the Ukraine’ but I was always told that this is not preferred because it was used during Sovjet times.

Correct, because calling it "The Ukraine" implies that it is just a geographic region, not a sovereign country. Like "The Midlands" or "The Delta"

I bet Lawson is jealous that he isn't there cosplaying a hero.  Although he did get to hang around the Philippines for MONTHS ostensibly arranging for one little girl to get surgery in America (something he had zero qualifications for), so I guess its Nathan's turn.

I guess the silver lining is that Esther can't get pregnant as long as Nathan is gone.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Or he already did his duty and now she can deal with it on her own. Wondering if a bad first trimester is actually more bearable without him around….. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

I find it odd that her husband is allegedly overseas in a war zone & she hasn't mentioned it on Instagram

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I find it odd that her husband is allegedly overseas in a war zone & she hasn't mentioned it on Instagram

Possibly she has a little more sense than he does, and she doesn’t want critical comments. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder if she acts like she's a soldier's wife, patiently waiting at home and praying for him. It would probably suit someone as Michaela, but I highly doubt Esther is fine with that. I know they are fundies, but I hope she is going out a lot with friends. Or looking for a job. Or both.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Or he already did his duty and now she can deal with it on her own. Wondering if a bad first trimester is actually more bearable without him around….. 

Just as I’m sure everything in life is more bearable without Nathan around.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I wonder if she acts like she's a soldier's wife, patiently waiting at home and praying for him. It would probably suit someone as Michaela, but I highly doubt Esther is fine with that. I know they are fundies, but I hope she is going out a lot with friends. Or looking for a job. Or both.

She seems to have a pretty close circle of friends in Arkansas and she has posted about girls nights. 

• Upvote 4

Maybe it had just hit her she married a douche canoe and she is glad he has ducked off. Lol

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Maybe it had just hit her she married a douche canoe and she is glad he has ducked off. Lol

Especially now that she doesn't get to be a reality tv "star". Nathan has always come off as the most unpleasant Bates son, I wonder if his new wife is beginning to realize that. 

• Upvote 11

Wonder if he love bombed her all through the dating stage and now he's refusing to let her put her hair up or whatever asshole controlling behavior he can get up to.

• Upvote 9

I can’t help but get fundie princess vibes from Esther. She grew up in a huge fundie family and probably wanted attention that she never got. She saw a possibility of the attention she thinks she deserves in marrying a Bates boy and getting to be a Christian reality tv star. She had her big attention whoring wedding but whoops, the show got cancelled. That’s got to be a huge blow to her. Now what does she do? She probably wants Nathan to go to Ukraine because he will get more attention that she can bask in herself. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

At least she got her fairytale princess wedding out of it. I wonder how long it will take until she starts shilling things on her IG page? Or if there's any brands that's willing to send her stuffs? I bet she was gunning for the "Christian influencers" lifestyle, but now the show is no more before she got her chance to bathe in limelight, I doubt she'll get anything significant. 

• Upvote 6

He's back. There's a short clip in Lawsons Instatgram stories with Esther and Nathan visiting Lawson and Tiffs new house. 

27FD27B0-44CC-4F97-BA87-17AB1A7C0FEE_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, adidas said:

Link please?

No link. Spidey senses. Since I saw her a few months ago I just had a feeling and that pic above confirms it. Boobs and face don't lie.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4

7 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

No link. Spidey senses. Since I saw her a few months ago I just had a feeling and that pic above confirms it. Boobs and face don't lie.

I think she is too. 

Also, she has stopped wearing pants since she got married. She used to wear jeans but I went back and checked all her posts since marriage and she is skirts-only. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

34 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think she is too. 

Also, she has stopped wearing pants since she got married. She used to wear jeans but I went back and checked all her posts since marriage and she is skirts-only. 

Actually she wore short cut off shorts and tank tops in the past. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Actually she wore short cut off shorts and tank tops in the past. 

I am not sure she has done that since marriage either. It seems weird she is cool with bath pics but can no longer wear pants. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I doubt it will last. Remember when Whitney tried to fit in at first with her skirts to the knee? I’m sure Esther will get tired of it and start wearing pants and shorts again.

• Upvote 3

If she is pregnant - and we have no proof that she is - she could be wearing skirts not to impress her in-laws, but because her pants are tight.

• Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

I’m no fan of the Bateses, but I’m still curious: why do many people here think (speculate? know?) that Nathan is controlling and unbearable?

Sure, I can imagine someone who grew up in the patriarchal IBLP cult might turn out to be anything but pleasant, but that would be true for all Bates men and sons-in-law. So what is known about him that’s especially negative? 

8 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I’m no fan of the Bateses, but I’m still curious: why do many people here think (speculate? know?) that Nathan is controlling and unbearable?

Sure, I can imagine someone who grew up in the patriarchal IBLP cult might turn out to be anything but pleasant, but that would be true for all Bates men and sons-in-law. So what is known about him that’s especially negative? 

He was the one who criticized one of his sisters over how she was going to style her hair at her wedding. He was a real jerk about it. He is also the one who made that horrific statement about George Floyd. Just from that instance alone it is clear he is a cruel asshole. Throw in how he cosplayed as a dentist, doing untrained work on vulnerable children, Nathan seems to be the one who is openly the most awful Bates son. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

He was the one who criticized one of his sisters over how she was going to style her hair at her wedding. He was a real jerk about it. He is also the one who made that horrific statement about George Floyd. Just from that instance  it is clear he is a cruel asshole. Throw in how he cosplayed as a dentist, doing untrained work on vulnerable children, Nathan seems to be the one who openly the most awful Bates son. 

Yep. He was also really critical of Michaela's wedding dress choices and there is a clip of an ask the Bates game where Josie and Katie call him the most critical. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic