IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Are we sure John David isn't pregnant? - that's a huge belly on him.

What does body shaming have to do with any of this?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

For a second, I thought that was Joy's daughter wearing the little elf headband/hat, but then I realized it was Grace.

Jana definitely seemed underwhelmed but the teenaged girls and younger seemed genuinely happy.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I know a few people who’s kids are a little over a year apart in age. One is someone I went to high school with her kids are 363 days apart born in December of 2004 & 2005. Another one her kids are 13 months apart she didn’t think she could conceive her 2nd so quickly because it took her a long time to conceive her first child. 

For some women, once the body figures out pregnancy, it's all systems go. In my extended family there was a set of twins born via IVF. One year and 9 months after the twins were born their surprise brother (conceived the traditional way) joined the family. The mom had spent years dealing with infertility but since her body cracked the pregnancy code, she's been fertile on demand.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, shesinsane said:

For some women, once the body figures out pregnancy, it's all systems go. In my extended family there was a set of twins born via IVF. One year and 9 months after the twins were born their surprise brother (conceived the traditional way) joined the family. The mom had spent years dealing with infertility but since her body cracked the pregnancy code, she's been fertile on demand.

I would like doctors to actually study this phenomenon because it happened to me as well. I want to know the actual science behind why this happens. Not because I want more kids. But because I’m genuinely curious and maybe it could help others in the future.

1 hour ago, viii said:

What does body shaming have to do with any of this?

What’s sad is that the show broadcast plenty of body shaming that goes on in the Duggar family. Remember how they made fun of Josh gaining weight after marriage? I hate Josh but I don’t give a fuck about his weight. They may not openly body shame the Duggar women but they seem to very openly body shame the men. And they think it’s very funny. I personally don’t see the humor in it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Well they can always follow JB’s broth fasting ….

There’s plenty of unhealthy attitudes about body shape, nutrition, in fact everything, in that family.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can easily see Nathan wanting a ton of kids. Out of all the Bates sons, he will probably have the most kids if Esther doesn’t object. 

I object! They seem so mismatched.

It shouldn’t be a surprise about Katy for us. Someone had found a pinterest board of hers where she had pinned stuff about announcing a baby at Christmas. This was just after Joy announced her pregnancy and detectives were on the case to see who #30 was. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Cam said:

I object! They seem so mismatched.

It shouldn’t be a surprise about Katy for us. Someone had found a pinterest board of hers where she had pinned stuff about announcing a baby at Christmas. This was just after Joy announced her pregnancy and detectives were on the case to see who #30 was. 

Oh I don’t think they are mismatched. She wanted to be a trophy fundie wife and he wanted a fundie trophy wife. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

Both of my (boomer) parents are “Irish twins”. I have uncles who are the same age as my parents for a month or two. Both my parents come from big boomer families, mom from a family of 7 siblings and dad a  family with 5 siblings.

Guess they didn’t want to recreate their childhoods for me as I am an only child.

• Upvote 3

So... if this baby turns out to be mystery #29, then we will know this whole announcement is staged and Jed (and the Duggar's) are lying liars who lie.  Wouldn't be a good look for any future political endeavors.  On the other hand, if Jessa or another Duggar turn out to be preggo with #29 then we will know the announcement was genuine.  Guess we may have to wait until May to solve this mystery!

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Are we sure John David isn't pregnant? - that's a huge belly on him.

I don't think that's all him. 

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

So... if this baby turns out to be mystery #29, then we will know this whole announcement is staged and Jed (and the Duggar's) are lying liars who lie.  Wouldn't be a good look for any future political endeavors.  On the other hand, if Jessa or another Duggar turn out to be preggo with #29 then we will know the announcement was genuine.  Guess we may have to wait until May to solve this mystery!

Before that if Jessa really is #29, and she has her baby in, say, April.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, shesinsane said:

There's someone I know online who struggled for years to get pregnant - they did IVF and could never manage to get past the 4-5 week mark of pregnancy... failed adoptions and then they adopted their first kiddo, she got pregnant naturally with their second kid as the adoption was going through, had that baby and got pregnant again with their 3rd kid, and then they've just had their 4th kid.... 4 under 5! No medicines or treatments. It's crazy!

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I don’t think they are mismatched. She wanted to be a trophy fundie wife and he wanted a fundie trophy wife. 

I see them as neither.

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can easily see Nathan wanting a ton of kids. Out of all the Bates sons, he will probably have the most kids if Esther doesn’t object. 

Even if Esther does object, he’ll have as many as he wants. 

• Upvote 6

On 12/17/2022 at 7:44 AM, nvmbr02 said:

We have a few Irish twins in my family.  Most are like 12 months apart, only short of the year mark by a couple of days. My BIL and SIL are 10.5 months apart; my SIL was four weeks early, which contributed to the spacing.

I have a set of Irish twins.  Mine are 11 months apart.  Everyone kept telling me how hard it was going to be, but, they are 25 and 24 now.  I'm still waiting for it to get hard!!  It was just how it was.... Instead of changing one diaper, you change two. 

• Love 8

1 hour ago, GutenbergGirl said:

I have a set of Irish twins.  Mine are 11 months apart.  Everyone kept telling me how hard it was going to be, but, they are 25 and 24 now.  I'm still waiting for it to get hard!!  It was just how it was.... Instead of changing one diaper, you change two. 

I think it is different for everyone. And some of it depends on the temperament of your children.  For myself and my family, I don't think it would have been the early years and diaper changes that would have been difficult. As you said, you just change another diaper or bathe two babies together or whatever. And with mine being 22 months apart, I did a lot of that too. For us, it would have been then teen years, buying two cars a year apart or getting 2 kids settled in college at the same time. As it is all three of mine are 3 years apart in school since my oldest skipped ahead a year. I feel like we have just gotten her settled in her apartment (she lived in a dorm for a year) and now we have to get everything set up for my son to leave for college next year. It just feels like we are bleeding money sometimes and they both work and contribute. And we still have one more to go.

But, everyone's situation is different and there really isn't a right or wrong. There are certainly some benefits to having children that are in the same stage of life. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I've said this before, but my parents had 5 under age 5, no multiples. When I was born, my siblings were not quite one, not quite two, not quite there, and not quite four. My father worked and was not involved with hands on baby care . . . never changed a diaper. My mom was home with all of us, no car. She was/is a wonderful mother. She's an angel of a woman.

She got on the pill after me.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 12

I wouldn’t be able to do two toddlers. My just turned three year old is fun but loud, never stops, loves the word ‘No!’ and is extremely strong willed. Two like that would do me in. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

So I watched the announcement video and have a question for you guys? Did anybody else notice that older boy in the blue-ish pullover? I think it is one of Anna's and Josh's sons. He was wearing what look like a kippah and I find that highly irritating. I mean it is the Duggars, but this comes across so inappropriate at least in my eyes.

You can check for yourself. It is around the 6min mark.

BTW this was the first Duggar video I watched in ages and damn that high pitched voice of J'Uterus just gives me such a headache.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I watched the announcement and there is a shot of Kendra almost at the very end. She looked as if she might have a bump! Could #29 be another child for Joe and Kendra?

3 hours ago, Angelface said:

I watched the announcement and there is a shot of Kendra almost at the very end. She looked as if she might have a bump! Could #29 be another child for Joe and Kendra?

I figured it could be her since she seems to get pregnant quickly. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Angelface said:

I didn't see Kendra in the video, but I kind of skimmed through so maybe I missed her. If you're referring to the group at the very end of the video, that's the MedicCorps group, and the one with the sizable bump is Hannah (Jeremiah's wife), not Kendra. She announced her pregnancy this summer and according to Duggar Data is due early January. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Jey-sus her poor uterus. I predicted they would have two kids by 2024, but not a 3 and 2 year old! They'll probably have number 3 by then. :my_sick:

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2022 at 11:10 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

My dad and my uncle are the only kids in their family and we’re born 1 year and 2 days apart. Apparently, a total accident as my grandmother didn’t realize she could get pregnant again so soon 🤷🏻‍♀️

My husbands paternal grandparents had 5 kids, in 6 years. 12/56, 12/57, 11/58, 11/60 and 10/61. She also had two miscarriages after. It's wild to think. And she was only 25 when she had the youngest in 1961.

• Upvote 1