IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

On 5/5/2022 at 6:55 AM, Meggo said:

that kid will NEVER find her name on a pencil at the store..... (yes - I know that's a petty and inconsequential thing - but it really really bothered 9 year old me) 

Mom will buy a cricut and personalise everything herself. Or order off Etsy. These days you don’t need a popular name for a mug or pencil or name plate for your bedroom door.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Smee said:

Mom will buy a cricut and personalise everything herself. Or order off Etsy. These days you don’t need a popular name for a mug or pencil or name plate for your bedroom door.

I know - but it never stops me from looking when I see the racks in stores... (or buying a ruler simply because it has my name on it!) 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I always look in stores for my name too. Force of habit left over from when I was a kid.  However you know you're done when your name, once one of the most popular and always sold out back in the day, has completely fallen out of favor (at least for the time being) and you don't even rate for a name spot on the display anymore.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Super rare name here - I'm used to never seeing my name anywhere, but I don't really mind. My brother once got me a mug with my name on it, though (he had it specially made, ages ago, when that wasn't really a thing yet), and I still treasure it to this day, because it was such a sweet gesture on his part.

For me personally, the worst part of having an unusual name is the constant need to spell it (plus the perpetual mis-spellings everywhere). It really is a bit of a pain.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Anyone watch the birth or want to watch the birth? There are two parts to the birth story both on youtube on their channel.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Anyone watch the birth or want to watch the birth? There are two parts to the birth story both on youtube on their channel.

I watched. Don't bother watching part 1. She shows off the nursery and explain that they're going to the hospital so she can be induced. Jed! makes a Mickey D's run before her midnight food deadline. That was about it. Part 2 chronicles her dilation. Three cm! Seven! Nine! Here we go! Push! Lather rinse, repeat. Katey's epidural is really good. She observes that she can't feel her leg. Baby is born, weighed, measured. The end. 😀

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 21

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jed! makes a Mickey D's run before her midnight food deadline. 

Don't you dare mention Mickey!  Don't you know they oppose the "Don't Say Gay" bill??  LOL

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

I watched. Don't bother watching part 1. She shows off the nursery and explain that they're going to the hospital so she can be induced. Jed! makes a Mickey D's run before her midnight food deadline. That was about it. Part 2 chronicles her dilation. Three cm! Seven! Nine! Here we go! Push! Lather rinse, repeat. Katey's epidural is really good. She observes that she can't feel her leg. Baby is born, weighed, measured. The end. 😀

I'm glad she had a routine and safe birth. It sounds like she got good prenatal care since she was induced. 

• Upvote 7

In the birth video, they seem to already be in the hospital and she is about to be induced. THey talk about what she'd like to eat and Jed pinches her cheek, and says ''If anyone knows Katey, she's all about the food''. WHILE pinching her cheek.

IF Mr. Music DARED say and do this while I was about to push a mini-human out of me, pretty sure the little pinch fingers would have come right off!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 18

I started my induction at 8pm, then my daughter was born via csection at 7:55p the next day (failure to progress) and I wasn't allowed to eat for another 12 hours.  I was ready to MURDER someone.  Funnily enough, I don't remember being that hungry until my epidural and then I was asking the nurse if I could PLEASE have a granola bar before going to surgery.  I packed snacks for my husband and I made him eat them in the bathroom.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

In the birth video, they seem to already be in the hospital and she is about to be induced. THey talk about what she'd like to eat and Jed pinches her cheek, and says ''If anyone knows Katey, she's all about the food''. WHILE pinching her cheek.

IF Mr. Music DARED say and do this while I was about to push a mini-human out of me, pretty sure the little pinch fingers would have come right off!

What I think is creepy about his comment is he’s not speaking directly to her. He’s speaking about her to the video camera, like he’s talking to an audience, like she’s not even there. It makes it seem like he’s angling to put together an audition tape to submit to any network or streaming service hoping they’d want to craft a reality show around them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

I agree with you. I wouldn't let him do that. I'd be pissed off if anyone made condescending jokes while I was in a hospital, especially a partner! It's really belittling and condescending. Also she's about to undergo a serious ordeal, I would expect more gravitas from her partner. If he's this flippant during the first birth, imagine how he'll be at the 7th or 8th, etc.

3 hours ago, Cam said:

What I think is creepy about his comment is he’s not speaking directly to her. He’s speaking about her to the video camera, like he’s talking to an audience, like she’s not even there. It makes it seem like he’s angling to put together an audition tape to submit to any network or streaming service hoping they’d want to craft a reality show around them. 

I would think this is worse if he hadn't grown up on television. He's been filmed since he was at least 9 or 10 years old that warps people. 

• Upvote 12

The Duggars started filming in 2003 when Meech was pregnant with Jackson. Jed! would have been 4! 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

The Duggars started filming in 2003 when Meech was pregnant with Jackson. Jed! would have been 4! 

And fun fact: Jed! Turns 24 this year, which is the same age you stylized him to be when the specials started 🤓

• Confused 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:59 AM, Vivi_music said:

I know I’m projecting my own experiences here but as someone who has struggled with eating disorders and poor body image including during pregnancy, and who only now recognises the abusive nature of my ex (when I picked the kids up on Saturday he asked me how much weight I had gained since last soccer season), that makes me feel awful for Katey. Their cult favours and protects controlling, coercive and straight up abusive men (a disproportionate number of whom seem to go into politics) so it’s hard not to see sinister behaviour everywhere.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 21

20 hours ago, Smee said:

I know I’m projecting my own experiences here but as someone who has struggled with eating disorders and poor body image including during pregnancy, and who only now recognises the abusive nature of my ex (when I picked the kids up on Saturday he asked me how much weight I had gained since last soccer season), that makes me feel awful for Katey. Their cult favours and protects controlling, coercive and straight up abusive men (a disproportionate number of whom seem to go into politics) so it’s hard not to see sinister behaviour everywhere.

Well, Smee, it sounds to me like you have gotten rid of an abusive asshole since the last soccer season. Next time he comments on your weight tell him you've lost 180lbs in the past two years (or whatever he weighs) and just enjoy the reaction.

May Katey eventually figure it out, and like you, may she dump his ass.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 6

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 10:26 PM, Cam said:

I just watched it (a little late to the game) and he talks like that throughout the video and a few times she seems to have a face of being annoyed but trying not to show it, keeping sweet and calm as much as possible. Or maybe it's just the epidural, she seems super chill with barely a small sigh while the camera is close up on her face for quite a while.

I think it's less a show audition though and more doing a bad impersonation of being a successful YouTuber, trying to get that influencer $$$.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, freethemall said:

I just watched it (a little late to the game) and he talks like that throughout the video and a few times she seems to have a face of being annoyed but trying not to show it, keeping sweet and calm as much as possible. Or maybe it's just the epidural, she seems super chill with barely a small sigh while the camera is close up on her face for quite a while.

I think it's less a show audition though and more doing a bad impersonation of being a successful YouTuber, trying to get that influencer $$$.

Yes, trying to be a successful YouTuber, I could see that. It’s probably more my age showing that I think of reality show rather than influencer.

• Upvote 4

On 5/6/2022 at 12:39 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

Super rare name here - I'm used to never seeing my name anywhere, but I don't really mind. My brother once got me a mug with my name on it, though (he had it specially made, ages ago, when that wasn't really a thing yet), and I still treasure it to this day, because it was such a sweet gesture on his part.

For me personally, the worst part of having an unusual name is the constant need to spell it (plus the perpetual mis-spellings everywhere). It really is a bit of a pain.

My name isn’t as unusual as it is rarely used. I’ve never found my name on things like keychains or mugs. 

When I go to places where they call out your name I just give a fake one.  I just got sick of having to repeat my name or spell it out only to have it come out completely wrong. 

• Upvote 6

I hope baby trundle pees in his face and some lands in his mouth.
Bunk bed jed is a jerk to his wife!

• Upvote 4

On 6/12/2022 at 10:23 AM, onekidanddone said:

My name isn’t as unusual as it is rarely used. I’ve never found my name on things like keychains or mugs. 

When I go to places where they call out your name I just give a fake one.  I just got sick of having to repeat my name or spell it out only to have it come out completely wrong. 

me too growing up with a twin sister who had a common name I hated her having keychains and magnets with her name on it and mine with none. Not only do I have a more unique name, it's a more unique spelling and I hate when people think I misspelled my own name because there's not an L on the end making it a very popular name. I also use a fake name at Starbucks and other restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very Cre8tiv spelling of my name.  I have literally never seen anyone with my name spelled the way I do.

So, I named my daughter "Katherine", nickname "Katie" because no one would ever misspell it.

Ask me how that went.  I blame the hormones.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

My name isn’t particularly common in the UK but it is more so in other countries. The first time I found my name on something was on a school trip to Germany, and I felt a little disappointed because I didn’t have the money. Now I’m not so bothered. I quite like unusual-ish names. My grandfather is called Brian, and he was one of seven in his class at school! 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

I have a very Cre8tiv spelling of my name.  I have literally never seen anyone with my name spelled the way I do.

So, I named my daughter "Katherine", nickname "Katie" because no one would ever misspell it.

Ask me how that went.  I blame the hormones.

My first name is so common that it’s almost never misspelled. If I had known you when you were naming your child I would have suggested my name 😂

I just met a woman whose name is pronounced “Terry”. When I asked her how she spells it (many variations, right?) it surprised me when she said: T a e r i e. She’s an older woman and said it’s a Gaelic spelling. I rather like it: Taerie

In this day and age of crafters, diy, etsy and more, you can get a lot of things personalized to your exact specifications. You just might not be able to walk into a convenient store gas station on a road trip and by that little license plate key chain with your correctly spelled name. The current norm seems to be for unusual spelling of names anyway. 

Yep, growing up with an uncommon name that I wasn’t always happy with but now am, I gave my son a “normal” name. When he was a teenager he wished he had something more unique. I don’t think it matters to him now. Honestly, I think the common name helps him in life, along with his education and other skills, of course. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2