IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

13 minutes ago, Markie said:

Could one of the Secret babies born last year been a set of twins? Perhaps Lauren has twins? 

Let’s hope not! I hope not a single Duggar has twins or triplets. Ever. There are plenty of Duggar singletons as it is!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8

Maybe I’m being naive but imo multiples would be leaked, even if it were nothing more than JB & M posting a vague “first set of twins!” or something without any additional info. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Could one of the Secret babies born last year been a set of twins? Perhaps Lauren has twins? 

Lauren didn't have twins. There was a gift marked for her whole family and it listed four people: Lauren, Si, Bella (born 2019) and Daisy. 

I also think twins/triplets would be announced.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 2/2/2023 at 5:40 AM, Cam said:

Yeah, there’d be some bragging about twins or triplets. 

My bet is that it'll be Abbie and JD that have a set of twins.

Her family has a history of them too, and if they keep their current spacing, she'll be 33 when she gives birth next. There were almost three years between Grace and Charlie.

Even with a set of twins, they're on track to only have six kids, which in a fundie family seems manageable. She herself is one of eight. If they have all singletons, she'll likely never have more than one in diapers at a time, her boobs will actually get a decent break from breastfeeding each time, and her body overall will have a decent amount of time to recover from each pregnancy.

JD skeeves me out, and I would shoot myself before marrying him, but she definitely seems far more cared for than the rest of the marrieds. Even Jill -I feel like Jill's getting to attend therapy and otherwise become more "worldly" has more to do with Derrick worrying about wanting a presentable wife vs. actually caring about her. 

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

My bet is that it'll be Abbie and JD that have a set of twins.

Her family has a history of them too, and if they keep their current spacing, she'll be 33 when she gives birth next. There were almost three years between Grace and Charlie.

Even with a set of twins, they're on track to only have six kids, which in a fundie family seems manageable. She herself is one of eight. If they have all singletons, she'll likely never have more than one in diapers at a time, her boobs will actually get a decent break from breastfeeding each time, and her body overall will have a decent amount of time to recover from each pregnancy.

JD skeeves me out, and I would shoot myself before marrying him, but she definitely seems far more cared for than the rest of the marrieds. Even Jill -I feel like Jill's getting to attend therapy and otherwise become more "worldly" has more to do with Derrick worrying about wanting a presentable wife vs. actually caring about her. 

I’ve never gotten the impression that most of the Duggar women breast feed for any length of time. Jill and Jessa yes, but the rest, I don’t think so. With Kendra, once one evacuates the uterus, another fills the spot, so I can see why she doesn’t BF. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I think Abbie’s twin sisters are identical. Which isn’t genetic. Only fraternal twins are genetic. Because releasing multiple mature eggs in one cycle can be passed on. So the only people in the Duggar family with a possible genetic predisposition to releasing more than one egg in a cycle are the daughters of Michelle. I don’t think any of the Duggar wives have fraternal twin siblings. But maybe there are fraternal twins further back in their family and we don’t know it. 

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Abbie’s twin sisters are identical. Which isn’t genetic. Only fraternal twins are genetic. Because releasing multiple mature eggs in one cycle can be passed on. So the only people in the Duggar family with a possible genetic predisposition to releasing more than one egg in a cycle are the daughters of Michelle. I don’t think any of the Duggar wives have fraternal twin siblings. But maybe there are fraternal twins further back in their family and we don’t know it. 

You know I was thinking about that, but... My money is still on her to have the twins. I don't entirely know why, because they're all likely to give birth at "more advanced maternal ages," which also correlates with twins.

Just now, CaptainFunderpants said:

You know I was thinking about that, but... My money is still on her to have the twins. I don't entirely know why, because they're all likely to give birth at "more advanced maternal ages," which also correlates with twins.

That is true. Advanced maternal age (past 35) does raise your chance of twins. I remember when I was pregnant using IUI  (I took clomid too during that cycle) and I looked up all the things that make your chances go up for twins. I didn’t want twins and I was afraid clomid would raise my chances a bit. The things I found when looking it up showed advanced maternal age, being African American, and having a history of fraternal twins in your family. Thankfully I had singletons. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

I get that he's a bit skeevy - but at the same time, I do kind of like that he didn't seem to play into the family nonsense. He didn't pine for her (that we know of) and go into a closet to ask someone's permission to hold her hand or whatever. He simply (appeared) to bring her home and be like "Hey everyone - this is my girlfriend." Now - that's all how it appeared so who knows - but I did appreciate that he didn't get all wrapped up in the circus of "will you enter a courtship with me?" like all the rest of them did. 
And she does seem genuinely loved. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

I get that he's a bit skeevy - but at the same time, I do kind of like that he didn't seem to play into the family nonsense. He didn't pine for her (that we know of) and go into a closet to ask someone's permission to hold her hand or whatever. He simply (appeared) to bring her home and be like "Hey everyone - this is my girlfriend." Now - that's all how it appeared so who knows - but I did appreciate that he didn't get all wrapped up in the circus of "will you enter a courtship with me?" like all the rest of them did. 
And she does seem genuinely loved. 

Truth be told, he was a near 30 YO man at the time. Certainly different than barely 18 Justin entering a courtship and quickly tying the knot.

• Upvote 5

Screenshot_20230210-170958-694.png.d6e4da8f58f120efff44a422d237fd1a.png

Looks like Jed and Katey are in Rome with James. I think that's a baby carrier next to her, so I guess they brought Truett with them.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20230210-170958-694.png.d6e4da8f58f120efff44a422d237fd1a.png

Looks like Jed and Katey are in Rome with James. I think that's a baby carrier next to her, so I guess they brought Truett with them.

Why in the world are any of them on this trip, but especially Jed and Katey (Truett has no choice)?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I cannot imagine wanting to travel overseas to sightsee pregnant and with a baby. Not fun at all. But this is probably the condition Katey sees herself in for the next 15 years or so, so maybe it’s the easiest it’s going to get right now.

I’m not sure why people here don’t think the Duggars should travel in general.

• Upvote 15

5 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Why in the world are any of them on this trip, but especially Jed and Katey (Truett has no choice)?

I swear the Duggars, Bateses, Bontragers, Braggies, and Rods travel more than anyone I know. Too bad I am not a Christian fundie. I could have lived my life traveling and living off of my extremely narrow view of religion. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I cannot imagine wanting to travel overseas to sightsee pregnant and with a baby. Not fun at all. But this is probably the condition Katey sees herself in for the next 15 years or so, so maybe it’s the easiest it’s going to get right now.

I’m not sure why people here don’t think the Duggars should travel in general.

I think most people think that when families or couples travel together, they do so for pleasure/vacation time. Yes, some people travel for business, but then they usually do not always take the family or spouse along. Since these folks seemingly do not work, and have tiny children,  I can’t figure out why they would be taking international vacations or business trips. 

• Upvote 2

I think it’s pretty established at this point that the Duggars have money. Either they’ve earned it or they were given money from the TV show. Jed has a business. I wouldn’t have wanted to take a trip like this if I was Katey, but maybe she’s feeling good and Truett is an easy baby. James is in his early 20s, an age in which a lot of people like to travel. It looks like they’re on a regular vacation. I’m not sure what there is to figure out.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I think it’s pretty established at this point that the Duggars have money. Either they’ve earned it or they were given money from the TV show. Jed has a business. I wouldn’t have wanted to take a trip like this if I was Katey, but maybe she’s feeling good and Truett is an easy baby. James is in his early 20s, an age in which a lot of people like to travel. It looks like they’re on a regular vacation. I’m not sure what there is to figure out.

And we’ve come full circle back to my #1 question. I want to see the money trail. I want to know how a 17 and 18 YO were able to legally amass this huge pile of cash without the help of anyone else, all while procreating like rabbits, and while being seemingly unemployed for large stretches of time.

FWI, I’m about 10 years older, have never been unemployed (am retired now), same goes for my husband. We have had professional careers and only 2 kids, and are 100% financially secure, and can show the steps along the way.

I want to see how they did it, step by step. I am sure many others would love to see how they did it too. That would make a far more interesting TV show or lucrative book.

• Upvote 8

On 2/6/2023 at 1:39 PM, SassyPants said:

Truth be told, he was a near 30 YO man at the time. Certainly different than barely 18 Justin entering a courtship and quickly tying the knot.

Justin entered into a courtship at 16. They announced when he was courting was 17. They announced his engagement the day after he turned 18 and he was married a few months later.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

Who's running  Jed's junker lot while he gallivants through Italy? 

And boy, they really need to tell their trade secrets…who need junker lots were so profitable? Especially when your brothers also own them in the same town.

• Upvote 3

On 2/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is true. Advanced maternal age (past 35) does raise your chance of twins. I remember when I was pregnant using IUI  (I took clomid too during that cycle) and I looked up all the things that make your chances go up for twins. I didn’t want twins and I was afraid clomid would raise my chances a bit. The things I found when looking it up showed advanced maternal age, being African American, and having a history of fraternal twins in your family. Thankfully I had singletons. 

I took letrozole, another similar drug to clomid, in December to try and get pregnant and ended up pregnant with likely fraternal twins. The 2-3% chance caught up with me 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 12

46 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I took letrozole, another similar drug to clomid, in December to try and get pregnant and ended up pregnant with likely fraternal twins. The 2-3% chance caught up with me 

Congrats! Do you know the sexes yet? Or is it too early?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And we’ve come full circle back to my #1 question. I want to see the money trail. I want to know how a 17 and 18 YO were able to legally amass this huge pile of cash without the help of anyone else, all while procreating like rabbits, and while being seemingly unemployed for large stretches of time.

They flip houses and cars. Real estate was very inexpensive in NW Arkansas prior to covid, and most of the unmarried Duggar sons (and Jana) were buying houses or random buildings like Jana's tattoo parlor and church to flip. It's not a secret or anything; they've consistently posted about it on Instagram and it was talked about on the show. They buy beat up cars at auctions and fix them up to sell at their car lots.

Edit: I totally believe that Jim Bob is pulling some shady financial stuff that's going to catch up to him, but I think his kids' sources of income is pretty obvious.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2