IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Congrats! Do you know the sexes yet? Or is it too early?

My gut is telling me boy/girl. It has a very strong boy inclination... 

I did the sneak peek blood test and should that back Monday. That obviously cant tell me the sex of both... unless they are both girls. It works by detecting male DNA in the maternal blood... so if there is a boy I'll get a boy result but if I get a girl result its two girls. I won't know for prob 2 months if it would be boy/girl or boy/boy

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 2/11/2023 at 4:11 PM, SassyPants said:

And boy, they really need to tell their trade secrets…who need junker lots were so profitable? Especially when your brothers also own them in the same town.

Isn't demand for used cars in the US still really high? 

As for Katey travelling, I think quiverful fundies believe in "normalizing" being constantly pregnant & taking care of kids-- women should be pregnant as much as possible, and its no big deal, so they should be able travel/ski/homeschool 12 other blessings at the same time.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Isn't demand for used cars in the US still really high? 

I’m assuming JB owns all the used car lots (or has fronted the money for such) and that they are all concentrated within a certain distance from the TTH. Oversaturation comes to mind. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I’m assuming JB owns all the used car lots (or has fronted the money for such) and that they are all concentrated within a certain distance from the TTH. Oversaturation comes to mind. 

How many lots are there? Jed! runs Champion, but are there more since Smuggar's "lot" shut down? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

How many lots are there? Jed! runs Champion, but are there more since Smuggar's "lot" shut down? 

How about Joe and the single, adult J young men? And Jerm? Josiah? JD? How are they all supporting themselves? Car lots and tow trucks and I guess some are in construction?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How about Joe and the single, adult J young men? And Jerm? Josiah? JD? How are they all supporting themselves? Car lots and tow trucks and I guess some are in construction?

Real estate. Several of them have licenses. I know Joe and Josiah do. Possibly Jer. Jason and James do construction. No clue what JD does. Jackson has barely been seen since he turned 18, no clue what he's doing, either.

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Real estate. Several of them have licenses. I know Joe and Josiah do. Possibly Jer. Jason and James do construction. No clue what JD does. Jackson has barely been seen since he turned 18, no clue what he's doing, either.

I didn’t know that Josiah has a real estate license. Joe and Jer definitely do. Joe was shown doing Jill’s backsplash tile so I assume he also does this as part of his job. Jer also flies planes and helicopters and I would think that’s not just a hobby. Under the spoiler is John’s bio from the MedicCorps website which is a year or so out of date. He has a few different things going on, but the company that he’s the CEO of has no online presence. As far as I can tell, there’s only one Duggar car lot at this time which is Jed’s.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.c85919a723ee1d8e4c408ea159463eed.jpeg

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

As for Katey travelling, I think quiverful fundies believe in "normalizing" being constantly pregnant & taking care of kids-- women should be pregnant as much as possible, and its no big deal, so they should be able travel/ski/homeschool 12 other blessings at the same time.

Reminds me of how Kelly Bradrick almost died after being dragged around Europe on a Vision Forum tour at 11 days post partum.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7

On 2/15/2023 at 10:44 PM, indianabones said:

Reminds me of how Kelly Bradrick almost died after being dragged around Europe on a Vision Forum tour at 11 days post partum.

Whatever happened with her?  Did she remarry and/or have more kids?  What about the ex?

• Upvote 2

On 2/15/2023 at 10:44 PM, indianabones said:

I didn’t give birth to my son (adoption) and he spent his first month in the NICU but OH MY GOD I did not comprehend “tired” until he came home. I didn’t have nine months of my body not being mine, wasn’t recovering from actually delivering a human but oh sweet Rufus I was sooo tired when he was home. The thought of going on a trip 11 days after he came home? When I remember just wanted a shower and a coffee that was hot from top to bottom? That makes me so sad (and angry) for her.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 8

17 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Whatever happened with her?  Did she remarry and/or have more kids?  What about the ex?

We do know that she remarried after her divorce. And I believe it was reported she was seen with a baby. But that’s all we know for sure. Because she went private a long time ago. 

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

Anyone else watch their new video of going to Italy? The summary is they are dumb Americans who do no research whatsoever ("what's the parthenon? Some kind of dome? We're going to the catacombs but not sure what they are, some kind of tunnels") and pack a carryon suitcase of snacks but then have their actual luggage lost - maybe should have packed an extra outfit in the carryon instead of snacks! Jana and James were there too, next they're going to Israel where Jed has already complained preemptively about seafood.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 6

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Bates not the Duggars but Kelly Bates just revealed that Trace and Lydia told her about their baby some time before their official YouTube Reveal and I really do think that Jed and Katey did the same thing and that they have always been #29. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

This is the Bates not the Duggars but Kelly Bates just revealed that Trace and Lydia told her about their baby some time before their official YouTube Reveal and I really do think that Jed and Katey did the same thing and that they have always been #29. 

One or both likely told the family before they had a due date, so Katey being due a day later wasn't known yet. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

But JB did react like he did not know yet in the video from the Christmas party.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I think it’s pretty normal to tell parents before you tell a lot of other people. My mom knew long before a lot of other people in my family. She did hate keeping that secret. 

• Upvote 6

I still think mystery #29 is Lauren. People have seen a registry and supposedly the mailing address is to a Josiah in Rogers. It's due date is the first or 2nd week in May. There was also a poster I think in Pickles group who saw Josiah and Lauren and some of the others a few days ago at Market Days and said Lauren looked pregnant 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• 1 month later...

The US just released the top 1000 names for the year 2022. Truett rose 171 spots #743. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Discipleship Summit seems to be associated with Fort Rock. A lot of FJ fundies seem to attend. I can’t imagine listening to Jed and Katey. They seem so boring. What would they say that hasn’t been said a million times before? 

218F2063-AF10-4096-A4FE-EF3F7DE482F3.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Discipleship Summit seems to be associated with Fort Rock. A lot of FJ fundies seem to attend. I can’t imagine listening to Jed and Katey. They seem so boring. What would they say that hasn’t been said a million times before? 

218F2063-AF10-4096-A4FE-EF3F7DE482F3.jpeg

I'm just baffled by my old youth pastor getting involved with these IBLP types. It seemed like he had been making some moves in a better direction and then this. . . .

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

On 2/15/2023 at 6:36 PM, HereticHick said:

I’ve been through one pregnancy, and honestly, that’s a horrible year of my life I’ll never get back (yes, a year, because I was miserable from start to finish AND it took another 2-3 months after the birth to even remotely be able to function again). And the remainder of the first year after the birth is just a blur.  Between feeling awful, sleep-deprived, constantly pumping milk, it pretty much sucked. The mere thought of having to go through that again… and again… and again… is making me feel nauseous.

It’s great to normalize pregnancy in a way that women are not treated differently or excluded from doing things as long as they feel good and healthy. But what about the women who are miserable?

I guess not everyone is hit as hard by pregnancy as I was, but still, even women who generally feel good throughout their pregnancy must feel worn out (physically and mentally) at some point with pregnancy after pregnancy on top of dealing with an ever-growing number of older kids.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

13 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

I’ve been through one pregnancy, and honestly, that’s a horrible year of my life I’ll never get back (yes, a year, because I was miserable from start to finish AND it took another 2-3 months after the birth to even remotely be able to function again). And the remainder of the first year after the birth is just a blur.  Between feeling awful, sleep-deprived, constantly pumping milk, it pretty much sucked. The mere thought of having to go through that again… and again… and again… is making me feel nauseous.

It’s great to normalize pregnancy in a way that women are not treated differently or excluded from doing things as long as they feel good and healthy. But what about the women who are miserable?

I guess not everyone is hit as hard by pregnancy as I was, but still, even women who generally feel good throughout their pregnancy must feel worn out (physically and mentally) at some point with pregnancy after pregnancy on top of dealing with an ever-growing number of older kids.

We adopted our son shortly after birth (he came home to us from his one month stay in the NICU) and OHMYGOD I have never been that exhausted in my life. Pregnancy aside - caring for a newborn is HARD work, covered in baby yak and ... other substances, not getting a shower - ugh - add to that recovering from giving birth and then hurrying up and doing it again so soon? UGH. hard pass.

• Upvote 13