IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

They did not even wait a full 90 days after the wedding, did they?

Edited by Destiny
correct spelling error
  • Thank You 1

• Destiny changed the title to Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon
On 10/4/2021 at 11:33 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

They did not even wait a full 90 days after the wedding, did they?

I'm not sure what this is referring to. 

The announcement was after 90 days. They were married April 3 and the announcement was September 5. On the other hand, she may have been pregnant before 90 days, but it's not a honeymoon baby like Jill/Derick, Joy/Austin, Kendra/Joe, etc. had. She's due in April according to their announcement.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The announcement was after 90 days. They were married April 3 and the announcement was September 5. On the other hand, she may have been pregnant before 90 days, but it's not a honeymoon baby like Jill/Derick, Joy/Austin, Kendra/Joe, etc. had. She's due in April according to their announcement.

Heck, I had them confused with another pregnant fundie couple. There are too many.

• Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

On 10/6/2021 at 5:41 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There timing is more like Jessa and Ben/ Josh and Anna. Due right around the first anniversary 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MamaMia02 said:

There timing is more like Jessa and Ben/ Josh and Anna. Due right around the first anniversary 

Anytime a fundie is due after their first anniversary, I’m like, “oh thank goodness. They got a whole 4 months to themselves😒

• Upvote 20
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 7

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

What did the person’s bumper sticker say? I can’t find it in the comments on that thread.

"drive carefully, there is no heaven"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23
  • Thank You 6

What's weird is that the tract was for Paul Caldwell's church, Lighthouse Baptist. I thought they moved to Gospel Light Baptist with the rest of the family. Jed plays softball for GL. 

So yeah, no clue why Katey would have a tract for LB. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

What's weird is that the tract was for Paul Caldwell's church, Lighthouse Baptist. I thought they moved to Gospel Light Baptist with the rest of the family. Jed plays softball for GL. 

So yeah, no clue why Katey would have a tract for LB. 

Lighthouse Baptist is in Fayetteville and Gospel Light is in Rogers; where did she leave the tract? But yeah, it’s weird that she has them at all, since she married into the family after they left Lighthouse Baptist.

• Upvote 1

Haha. I'm still waiting for someone besides my parents to say something about my Darwin fish on my SUV. They came to visit shortly after I put it on and I just get asked out of the blue "do you believe in evolution"? 

I said yes but "believe in" is the wrong thing to say because it's true regardless of your belief. I then asked if they believed in gravity.

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 5

Maybe Kendra gave the tracts to Katey? Kendra is still her sister-in-law. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

I feel a little bad snarking on a pregnant woman, but wow is that a terrible outfit on Katey. 

Screenshot_20211223-143840.thumb.png.70f95213bb96ae298658b3a7e57fa607.png

Carlin Bates is about the same gestation as Katey and she wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit and always manages to look cute (and make sure we know she is pregnant) 

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 9

Other than the strange insistence on wearing a long skirt over leggings, I don't see an issue with what Katey's wearing. She looks appropriately warm, she has reasonable shoes on for an amusement park, and she looks comfortable. If it were me, I'd much rather be comfortable than look perfectly cute, especially when walking around and amusement park and pregnant. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8

What with the frill at the shoulders, I don’t think this would look good on anyone. (I can’t wear bold horizontal stripes at all—they make my head look small.)

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I think skirts only can suck when you’re pregnant. I would only wear super stretchy skirts if I was a pregnant skirts only fundie. Her skirt is so boxy. If she was just wearing leggings and a sweater, it would look cute. But putting a boxy sweater with a boxy skirt will never look pregnant or not. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

Other than the strange insistence on wearing a long skirt over leggings, I don't see an issue with what Katey's wearing. She looks appropriately warm, she has reasonable shoes on for an amusement park, and she looks comfortable. If it were me, I'd much rather be comfortable than look perfectly cute, especially when walking around and amusement park and pregnant. 

That sweater is hideous and it looks worse with that skirt. 

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin Bates is about the same gestation as Katey and she wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit and always manages to look cute (and make sure we know she is pregnant) 

I hate to be rude, especially to a Canadian, but this may just be one of the most ridiculous, leg-humpy things I have ever read in all my years on FJ. The day Carlin Bates is the arbiter of good taste is the day that JRod wins an Oscar for best make-up design and Jim Bob's BBQ tuna is featured on the cover of Bon Appétit.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

25 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I hate to be rude, especially to a Canadian, but this may just be one of the most ridiculous, leg-humpy things I have ever read in all my years on FJ. The day Carlin Bates is the arbiter of good taste is the day that JRod wins an Oscar for best make-up design and Jim Bob's BBQ tuna is featured on the cover of Bon Appétit.

Carlin can be annoying and loud and weirdly addicted to the color beige, but she is well put together? I side-eye the outfits she makes poor Layla wear, but she always dresses herself well. She has been wearing a simple beige/tan (of course) coat this pregnancy that I actually think would have looked nice on Katy, would have gone better with Laura and Jana and made the awful skirt less boxy. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 2

The boxiness of the skirt is what makes the outfit appear as unflattering as it is. Jeans would look sleeker. But, fundies.

Is Katey skirts only?

• Upvote 2