IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

I think with the internet you are more easily identifiable with a unique spelling which can be a disadvantage. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Smash! said:

I think with the internet you are more easily identifiable with a unique spelling which can be a disadvantage. 

It’s funny because I realized this maybe a decade ago. I always hated having a very common first name and then an uncommon last name that was always misspelled and mispronounced. I remember thinking having the name Sarah Smith would make me almost invisible online. Because there are just so many Sarah Smiths in the US. But nope. I have the worst of both worlds. A very common first name and an uncommon last name. So I’m probably quite easy to find online. 

• Upvote 1

One of my math teachers in high school had such an unusual last name that she eventually realized that it was only her family with the same. She looked at the social security registry (or something, I don’t remember the details, it was many years ago) and whatever the number was of them in the entire US, she could count that many relatives who shared her last name… so it was only them! There’s no way she can hide on the internet!

• Upvote 1

My family is also the only one with my surname. Although I can’t pinpoint all because there is another branch from my grandfathers brother that we don’t really know.

Unfortunately our branch is dying because my father only has sisters and daughter. And both my sister and I did decide to stay traditional and give our kids the fathers surname.

• Upvote 2

I totally have an uncommon last name that pretty much anyone with the same sounding name even with a different spelling could very well be a distant relative.  

• Upvote 4

My extended and immediate family is the only one with our name/spelling, so I'm the only person in the world with my exact name.  I do kind of like that, although I have some real trash bag humans in my family that I wish hadn't sullied it.  (sex crimes against minors, family members, etc.)  I really went back and forth, but gave my daughter my husband's surname so she'll never be linked to them easily.  Besides, people struggle to pronounce/spell my surname and his is easy breezy.

• Upvote 7

Jed! has a new YouTube video out. They bought a used RV, and drove to TX to pick it up.

Sadly, we see more of Jed's personality. He's a chip off the old JB block, with a side of Smuggar...smug. I wanted to rescue Katey from him several times throughout the video. Very unpleasant.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

48 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jed! has a new YouTube video out. They bought a used RV, and drove to TX to pick it up.

Sadly, we see more of Jed's personality. He's a chip off the old JB block, with a side of Smuggar...smug. I wanted to rescue Katey from him several times throughout the video. Very unpleasant.

I lasted until Jed! opened his damn pie hole. He sounded too much like Smugger. 

• Upvote 8

Are voter records and address always public or can stuff like that be private? If private, a person could use a pseudonym for everything, except passport and social security? And be completely anonymous that way? 

And poor Katey, having to be married to Jed. It must be stressful with how he is always commenting on her food. He thinks he is the shit, but he is just coming off as smug. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 9

On 6/25/2022 at 11:46 PM, CarrotCake said:

My family is also the only one with my surname. Although I can’t pinpoint all because there is another branch from my grandfathers brother that we don’t really know.

Unfortunately our branch is dying because my father only has sisters and daughter. And both my sister and I did decide to stay traditional and give our kids the fathers surname.

You never know, one of your kids, or a grandkid, might pass on the family surname. My family surname isn’t either super rare or super common, but my dad was the only one to pass it on in his branch. He ended up with a great grandchild with it because the other generations of men were shit and Mama didn’t want to give her baby either the dads, or her dads name.  Plus Grandma had taken the family name back by then. Great grandpa was beyond thrilled. 
eta: the men involved don’t have to be useless, it can just be done as an honor.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4

On 6/25/2022 at 6:57 AM, Smash! said:

This is true. We gave our daughter a unique first name (in 13 years, we've only ever heard of one other person having the same name.) I love her name, and it's easy for people to pronounce, but I didn't anticipate then the risk I'd be creating for her online. We had to have a frank conversation with her about even just telling someone her first name would give them everything they need to find out who she is and where she lives. As much as I love her name, I might have made a different choice if I'd realized the privacy challenges it would pose.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

Lets not forget Jed comes of as bad in Truett's birth video as J'Felon did in the video where Anna was labouring and he went to go have a nap.  Jed thought it appropriate to mock his labouring wife's food choices (I personally think that's worse than napping. Napping means not supporting your wife.  Mocking food choices is not only not supporting, but actively provoking/being an extra level git.)

I can see why its looking likes he's being groomed as heir apparent.  He's the most smug Josh like Duggar male.  JD doesn't want it, Joe has as much charisma as a brick. Josiah wants a private life (good for Josiah).  Leaving Howlers and Jed is the most gittish of them all, he wants the fame and attention and wants to be a mini boob.

🤮

In case its not obvious, Jed is currently my most disliked non-incarcerated male Duggar spawn.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Who did they get to film and edit the birth videos? Feels like he has very own PR firm. Not surprised. 

• Upvote 1

Katey seems very comfortable doing these videos- she comes across as natural and pleasant- but she married a Duggar, so…..

Jed is very much channeling JB- talks rubbish, irritating know all and even beginning to look like him. He’ll be running for office again on his small business/guns/bible ticket.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I haven't watches any of their videos because in general all the Duggars have very poor speaking skills and it's frustrating to watch. But I suppose in a best case scenario maybe they have a running joke about her big appetite and she doesn't mind, even if the videos lack context. I would straight up murder my husband with lasers shooting out of my eyes if he said anything like that in a video for public consumption, though.

• Upvote 7

Jed! is so disconcerting because he has the worst traits of his father and oldest brother, down to sounding just like the latter. I find absolutely nothing likeable about him.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jed! is so disconcerting because he has the worst traits of his father and oldest brother, down to sounding just like the latter. I find absolutely nothing likeable about him.

Jed! and Katey sound and act so much like Pest and Smuganna it's scary.

• Upvote 7

On 6/25/2022 at 7:57 AM, Smash! said:

I lost touch with a dear, dear friend and no way to reach her. Remembered her daughter had a very unusual middle name and googled her first and middle names and Bingo! Only one in the whole country came up. Worked out great for us but probably not great if I was a stalker. 

• Upvote 6

I watched the Texas video. The baby is crazy good. I know they edited it down but the baby was asleep happily every time or just chilling in her arms. Jed looks and sounds a lot like his brother but Smuggar is definitely worse. Katey is very likeable,  much more than Anna. But knowing what crap they believe takes the shine off of her.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Who did they get to film and edit the birth videos? Feels like he has very own PR firm. Not surprised. 

They filmed it themselves (I think Katey's mom was holding the camera at one point.) It was pretty poorly edited, so I assumed Jed did it himself.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 12:41 AM, SorenaJ said:

Are voter records and address always public or can stuff like that be private? If private, a person could use a pseudonym for everything, except passport and social security? And be completely anonymous that way? 

I can't speak for other states, but I'm a Maryland election worker, and we have "confidential voters"-- judges, law enforcement officials, election officials, abused persons with restraining orders, etc.-- whose addresses are not visible in the registration database.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I can't speak for other states, but I'm a Maryland election worker, and we have "confidential voters"-- judges, law enforcement officials, election officials, abused persons with restraining orders, etc.-- whose addresses are not visible in the registration database.

Also true in Florida, and likely other states as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Also true in Florida, and likely other states as well.

Here in the UK, too - you can be on the public electoral roll or the private one. If you're on the private one someone could still track you down, but you would have to visit the Town Hall of the place where they're registered to vote, and you'd need to know their surname as a bare minimum, so good luck with that if you're trying to track down John Smith who lives in London. A lot of people are on the private roll because the public one can be accessed by anyone and it's bought by junk mail companies, among others.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fundies just clone themselves right? Had to double check this wasn’t Jinger.. happy birthday kate enjoy your day with smuggar 2.0 (attitude appearance etc, not god awful deeds). 
Edit to add she even reminded me of Anna in a few of the shots… 

3F6046D8-ADD2-432E-A158-487C2262342D.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 7