IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

Delurking... my husband's mother had 4 babies in 18 months, 2 sets of twins. She put all 4 of them in a catholic orphanage, but never consented for adoption, just let the home raise them. She had other kids before them, and other kids after them. The father also had other kids. 2 parents, 2 step parents, multiple siblings and half siblings, but those 4 were in that home until they were 18. I'm glad it's different now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 22
  • WTF 2

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

So I watched the announcement video and have a question for you guys? Did anybody else notice that older boy in the blue-ish pullover? I think it is one of Anna's and Josh's sons. He was wearing what look like a kippah and I find that highly irritating. I mean it is the Duggars, but this comes across so inappropriate at least in my eyes.

You can check for yourself. It is around the 6min mark.

I watched a TikTok on this and yes he is.  She identified him as Michael.  It's so grossly inappropriate for him to wear that, especially to an ugly sweater party.  They probably think that he is honoring Judaism by doing it.  WTF.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

On 12/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would like doctors to actually study this phenomenon because it happened to me as well. I want to know the actual science behind why this happens. Not because I want more kids. But because I’m genuinely curious and maybe it could help others in the future.

Similar thing happened to me. Infertility struggles. Got pregnant and had a loss. Took 3 years and 9 rounds of IUI to get pregnant with my son. Then got pregnant just on my own when he was one, had a loss at 12 weeks and got pregnant with twins two months later. After that I tied my tubes because clearly my body figured it out and I didn't want to use birth control because it makes me crazy lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

There's an Indian actress called Debina Bonnerjee, who just gave birth to her second daughter 7 months after the first. It took years of trying and IVF for her to have the first, and then her body obviously went, "oh, that? That was what you wanted me to do? OK then!" and did it again. Second baby was delivered a bit early, so now she has two babies at the same time who are not twins.

• WTF 6

15 minutes ago, Ausje said:

There's an Indian actress called Debina Bonnerjee, who just gave birth to her second daughter 7 months after the first. It took years of trying and IVF for her to have the first, and then her body obviously went, "oh, that? That was what you wanted me to do? OK then!" and did it again. Second baby was delivered a bit early, so now she has two babies at the same time who are not twins.

You know, I get that people in that kind of situation wouldn't use contraception because they just don't expect to get pregnant so quickly. What I'll never understand, though, is how anyone would want to have sex immediately after having a baby. I mean, maybe it's different with C sections, but it took me a very long time until I felt ready for action again after giving birth. Ah, well. Different strokes, I guess...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

You know, I get that people in that kind of situation wouldn't use contraception because they just don't expect to get pregnant so quickly. What I'll never understand, though, is how anyone would want to have sex immediately after having a baby. I mean, maybe it's different with C sections, but it took me a very long time until I felt ready for action again after giving birth. Ah, well. Different strokes, I guess...

Oof, I know! Wouldn't have been on the cards for me either!

• Upvote 5

Tori Spelling also had kids 9.5 months apart and was hospitalized due to significant complications because of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Tori Spelling also had kids 9.5 months apart and was hospitalized due to significant complications because of it. 

I remember that happening to her. 

• Upvote 2

The horrific thing about babies born that close together, when we are all saying we wouldn’t be up to sex yet, is that it is very possible the mother wasn’t either. Spousal rape is a thing, even if fundies don’t believe in it. 
Of course some women are outliers and rearing to go, I just don’t believe most of them are.

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

The horrific thing about babies born that close together, when we are all saying we wouldn’t be up to sex yet, is that it is very possible the mother wasn’t either. Spousal rape is a thing, even if fundies don’t believe in it. 
Of course some women are outliers and rearing to go, I just don’t believe most of them are.

Yes, I know someone who likely was not willing when she got pregnant just a few weeks after giving birth. I say that because the husband is currently in jail for related type charges. And she lost the pregnancy. It’s hard to say if it was due to being too close together or just a spontaneous miscarriage that would have happened anyway. 

• Sad 9
  • WTF 1

11 hours ago, JMO said:

I watched a TikTok on this and yes he is.  She identified him as Michael.  It's so grossly inappropriate for him to wear that, especially to an ugly sweater party.  They probably think that he is honoring Judaism by doing it.  WTF.  

I'm not surprised. Evangelicals in the last few years seem to be ''appropriating'' a lot of Jewish cultural and even religious practices. This and the unwithering support for the state of Israel is the core component of modern Christian Zionism. Christian Zionists believe the creation of the State of Israel and the return of the Jewish population to the Holy land is a sign of the Second Coming of Christ. All of this is apparently predicted in the Bible.

Evangelicals are using a culture and religion to simply prove their millennialist beliefs. I am not even Jewish and I find this deeply offensive.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

I'm really curious to see the Duggar Data analytics after this most recent announcement. That's a super fast turnaround from birth to announcing the next baby.

I realize these people have been raised in the spotlight and those with unannounced babies have the right to stay quiet, but for the sake of Duggar Data, I wish we had more details. Especially if Kendra is one of the people, because I'd be interested to see how it affects her procreative pace.

Also, this discussion title is leftover from when Katey was expecting Truett. I wonder if these two are boring enough to still have this same thread when she announces #3 in another year or so.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 7

22 hours ago, Ausje said:

My son is adopted and has a brother who is 10 months older than he is. Both were born early. But mine was about 7 weeks early. 
His birth mom didn't even realize she was pregnant with my son until she was about 4-5 months along (assuming after having a baby, your body is all kinds of confused etc).  Had she kept my son - she would have had a new born and a rolly polly ALMOST walker to contend with (he was the rolliest polliest noodle too - I met him when I met her) 

• Upvote 2

I know someone who  had 11.5months between children.  But 1st child was super premature.  Doing the maths, 2nd child who was born at term would have been conceived while 1st was still on NICU.

• Upvote 1

I think I've told this story before, but one of my friend's was pregnant with her first when her husband's leukemia returned from being in remission. He started the process of chemo and everything and was told he was sterile. She found out she was pregnant with number two before her baby was three months old. Sadly, he passed away when she was 7 months pregnant with that second child. 

• Sad 14

On 12/19/2022 at 2:51 AM, ophelia said:

So I watched the announcement video and have a question for you guys? Did anybody else notice that older boy in the blue-ish pullover? I think it is one of Anna's and Josh's sons. He was wearing what look like a kippah and I find that highly irritating. I mean it is the Duggars, but this comes across so inappropriate at least in my eyes.

You can check for yourself. It is around the 6min mark.

BTW this was the first Duggar video I watched in ages and damn that high pitched voice of J'Uterus just gives me such a headache.

While I still find it inappropriate, it was an ugly sweater/costume party. That may have been his costume. Again, I'm not sure that wearing a religious item as a costume is appropriate but it makes (slightly) more sense than just appropriating a Jewish custom. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

While I still find it inappropriate, it was an ugly sweater/costume party. That may have been his costume. Again, I'm not sure that wearing a religious item as a costume is appropriate but it makes (slightly) more sense than just appropriating a Jewish custom. 

It was an ugly sweater/ Christmas costume/ anyone from the Bible party.  So a pretty chaotic mix of ideas.  

What a small crowd!  Very few of the married couples, at least while Jed and Katie filmed.  Noticed most of the M’s, didn’t spot Josie, the single adult boys seemed on their way in/out, but not hanging around. 

The baby girl one of the teens was holding ( Jordyn?) must be Kendra and Joe’s. Definitely looked like a Kendra 

As to the Surprise! Being real or not — I kind of got the feeling from a lot of them that they’d been speculating on if she was or not. Maybe JB counted that in? But I’m still thinking Kendra / Jessa / Jinger are the top contenders 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

Is the family aligned with Messianic Jews? Is this a shift away from Gothardism to a new, equally offensive form of Christianity? 
I didn’t see the photo; was he dressed as a Biblical character and saw this as part of his costume? 

Back in the old days, during 19 K&C some of the girls wore star of David necklaces. This is not new for this family.

22 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Back in the old days, during 19 K&C some of the girls wore star of David necklaces. This is not new for this family.

IIRC, that trend coincided with their (televised) trip to Israel. 

• Upvote 2

I was watching the video by Jed and Katey and in my suggested videos there is some clickbait title about sad news for Joy and they used this sad-filter on a picture of them for the thumbnail 🤣

Capture.PNG

• WTF 2
  • Haha 3

I finally watched the video. Is it normal for so many of the married kids to be missing from the sweater party? Jill, Jinger, and even Justin are to be expected, but no Jessa, Joy, Josiah, or Joe either?

i also didn’t see Josie but she must have been there since that’s where she lives.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They also don’t eat pork, which takes some effort in Arkansas.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Is the family aligned with Messianic Jews? Is this a shift away from Gothardism to a new, equally offensive form of Christianity? 
I didn’t see the photo; was he dressed as a Biblical character and saw this as part of his costume? 

He was wearing a Chanukkah sweater and a yarmulke.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

23 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

It was an ugly sweater/ Christmas costume/ anyone from the Bible party.  So a pretty chaotic mix of ideas.  

What a small crowd!  Very few of the married couples, at least while Jed and Katie filmed.  Noticed most of the M’s, didn’t spot Josie, the single adult boys seemed on their way in/out, but not hanging around. 

The baby girl one of the teens was holding ( Jordyn?) must be Kendra and Joe’s. Definitely looked like a Kendra 

As to the Surprise! Being real or not — I kind of got the feeling from a lot of them that they’d been speculating on if she was or not. Maybe JB counted that in? But I’m still thinking Kendra / Jessa / Jinger are the top contenders 

Someone on another thread identified the baby Jordyn is holding as Madyson. And spotted Anna. So mostly the kids who live at home, Anna and her brood with Jed and JD and families as the only married off participants. Of course it’s quite possible other people came later. But makes me wonder if those talks about friction between Anna and most of the sibs is true. Probably not enough to avoid all the gatherings, but maybe enough to find reasons to be conveniently busy a lot. 

• Upvote 1