IGNORED

Jana Duggar 13: I Don't Think She Will :(

nelliebelle1197

12 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Perhaps it has happened more than once? 

Or maybe the child was gone for a long time without anyone noticing.

• Upvote 27

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or maybe the child was gone for a long time without anyone noticing.

I once found a toddler in the middle of the road in my rural neighborhood. I parked in the middle of the road and put my hazard lights on to protect me and toddler from any cars and got out of the car. (Visibility was very good there.) I decided I should call 911 to alert the sheriff that I had found a toddler and didn't know her family. About ten seconds later a hyperventilating man showed up saying "we just took our eyes off her for a moment!" Her family was visiting her grandparents.

• Upvote 42

4 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Well this is interesting. Wonder if it was a sibling or a neice/nephew? 

All her siblings are at the age that they'd be allowed to wonder off alone.  Its Josie's 13th Birthday today - Happy Birthday Josie!  In the summer she'd have been 12.  12 year olds are allowed to be out and about alone depending on where.  A 12 year old wondering off would be blamed on the 12year old, not their caretaker.

• Upvote 18

So Jana, the person without any kids, is the person charged with endangering kids? Whose kids? Her parents’? Her brother’s? God you can’t make this crap up.

5 minutes ago, imokit said:

All her siblings are at the age that they'd be allowed to wonder off alone.  Its Josie's 13th Birthday today - Happy Birthday Josie!  In the summer she'd have been 12.  12 year olds are allowed to be out and about alone depending on where.  A 12 year old wondering off would be blamed on the 12year old, not their caretaker.

Josie is 12 today.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Nutella Ace said:

Doesn’t the timeline for the charge also kind of coincide with the hypothetical end of the courtship with Stephen?

I was just wondering this, too. 

• Upvote 4

My first thought is poor Jana. Seriously she's always taking care of the young kids and if it was one of the M's then maybe others should be helping. Where's meech and jboob? Or the older Duggars still living at home? Nobody was helping? 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Wow.  Wonder that the deal is - even the freaking Nauglers lost a kid and no charges were filed - well, the second time.  And the only reason it happened the first time was because they wouldn't let the officers talk to her after she was found.   Who would file on her?  Wonder if the M's are under CPS care and they did??  Wild assumption on my part.  

• Upvote 14

If it’s wandering away I have a terrifying real story. My daughter was mad that I didn’t take her to the store with me, this was middle of 2020 like… maybe October… so she was 4 almost 5… my husband was in a meeting in the next room over and she slipped out the BACK door and he didn’t notice for like 5-10 minutes that he no longer heard her crying about not getting to go to the store… so he called and asked if I changed my mind (I was taking one kid out at a time practicing mask etiquette and just being generally anxious about any exposure) of course we both panicked I immediately turned around he immediately went outside he walked around the block first but then got in the car… we found her - she was following our walking path towards grandma and grandpa’s… a nice lady and her dog.,. And then the police all stood with her till we got to her. Although she does know her address and name she got very scared and wouldn’t talk… and she peed her pants. I’ve never get more scared, sad for her and also angry at the same time. Thank God this whole thing was less than 20 minutes the police could tell we panicked and immediately tried to find her… thank god she was safe… 

I didn’t even realized we could have been charged. We had extensive talks about safety, we re installed child locks… she hasn’t tried to do that since… 

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 31

I don't feel the slightest bit bad for her-- the shittiness of everyone around her is irrelevant, if you agree to watch a kid you have to watch them. She's in her mid 30's not some young thing. She should know how to watch a child.

That said I do find this highly ironic as there are definitely other fundies who are actually parents and deserve this far more than her, including her own parents.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 14

I don't think a person would actually file the charges - wouldn't that be the police?  Maybe someone called 911 to report a young child wandering alone on a busy road.  If the child was so young that he/she couldn't tell the officer their name or where they live, maybe the cops had to take the child to Child Protective Services temporarily?  Is it still rumor that a child in Jana's care wandered off the property, or is that unverified?

I have an severely autistic niece.  One time when my sis and BIL (and niece) were visiting from out of state for a family get-together, with a somewhat large group at my parents' home in the country, my niece did wander off.  However, her absence was noticed very soon and we immediately went out in search of her - some going one way, others going another.  She was found, safe and sound, about a half mile up the road, just walking along.  But until then, we were all frantic.  

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

If it’s wandering away I have a terrifying real story. My daughter was mad that I didn’t take her to the store with me, this was middle of 2020 like… maybe October… so she was 4 almost 5… my husband was in a meeting in the next room over and she slipped out the BACK door and he didn’t notice for like 5-10 minutes that he no longer heard her crying about not getting to go to the store… so he called and asked if I changed my mind (I was taking one kid out at a time practicing mask etiquette and just being generally anxious about any exposure) of course we both panicked I immediately turned around he immediately went outside he walked around the block first but then got in the car… we found her - she was following our walking path towards grandma and grandpa’s… a nice lady and her dog.,. And then the police all stood with her till we got to her. Although she does know her address and name she got very scared and wouldn’t talk… and she peed her pants. I’ve never get more scared, sad for her and also angry at the same time. Thank God this whole thing was less than 20 minutes the police could tell we panicked and immediately tried to find her… thank god she was safe… 

I didn’t even realized we could have been charged. We had extensive talks about safety, we re installed child locks… she hasn’t tried to do that since… 

Up voting because I had a wanderer who got away from us at a beach boardwalk at about the same age. We had our friends 3 plus our 2, and my son slipped away and into another shop. Instant, panic.

As Someone above mentioned, these people, for the most part, enlist unsafe parenting practices. We all know that. I am sure that when they are gathered together, the kids are truly never watched or monitored. Sometimes you get lucky and other times you get caught. 

• Upvote 13

This is interesting, she had to have lost one of her sibling's kids (if that's what happened)

I'm a nosy bitch. I need more details. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 11

My first day of preschool (this was late 60s), my mom brought me in and told me she would pick me up after and would be just across the street at the shopping center, a very busy street in Chicago. I missed her and left at some point to go find her at the store. I remember to this day that a couple, the woman had long hair and round sunglasses found me in the school parking lot. They asked me who did I belong to etc... and I told them I was going to go see my mom at the store across the street. They brought me in, the school was able to get a hold of my mom. She was irate that I was able to walk out the door just like that!  I never went back to preschool again. 

If this would have happened now, she could have brought charges against them. I was not a runner or a kid would would try to get out. I just wanted my mom. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Kids wandering off happens all the time, it literally only takes a second. So I'm curious (and nosy) about the details of what actually happened. How old was the kid? Whose was it? Exactly how many kids was Jana in charge of right then? 

Daycares have limits on number of kids per adult. I imagine there are times Jana (or other fundies) go way over that limit.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 5

I  have a vision of Jana taking care of her younger siblings and the M kids. I just wonder if there were other kids from family friends and she was surrounded? 

Edited by libgirl2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic