IGNORED

Jana Duggar 13: I Don't Think She Will :(

nelliebelle1197

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

There wasn’t an exact time when it was assumed to be called off. People just noticed that there weren’t any more sightings of them together. 

Also Hannah (Stephen's sister) is paired up with Jer Duggar, so I don't think something like this would put the Wissmanns off. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Iburneddinner said:

My first thought is poor Jana. Seriously she's always taking care of the young kids and if it was one of the M's then maybe others should be helping. Where's meech and jboob? Or the older Duggars still living at home? Nobody was helping? 

no one will marry her now. 

• Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, nst said:

no one will marry her now. 

I doubt she will be vilified by fundies. They will see it as the police telling fundies how to take care of kids. We know fundies hate when anyone tells them how to parent their kids. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

That would have been a violation of his pretrial terms and noted by the judge. I think.

He would have been taken into custody prior to trial for this. It was a condition of his pre-trial release that he not be around his children unsupervised. And honestly, they would have come after Anna for that too.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

With that many small kids I’m her care for that many years I hate to say it but I’m not surprised. She’s effectively raised her brothers and sisters and has certainly been caring for the Ms the last couple of weeks. All in all that like twenty plus years of caring for other people’s children, and not just one or two at a time, five plus would be the standard. After that many years I’m not entirely surprised someone wandered off. 

now if only someone had been pressing these charges on the parents twenty years ago…

• Upvote 26

1 minute ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

With that many small kids I’m her care for that many years I hate to say it but I’m not surprised. She’s effectively raised her brothers and sisters and has certainly been caring for the Ms the last couple of weeks. All in all that like twenty plus years of caring for other people’s children, and not just one or two at a time, five plus would be the standard. After that many years I’m not entirely surprised someone wandered off. 

now if only someone had been pressing these charges on the parents twenty years ago…

There are daycare providers who have been providing care for that many children for 20 years. I would not find one of them wandering off acceptable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, justoneoftwo said:

There are daycare providers who have been providing care for that many children for 20 years. I would not find one of them wandering off acceptable.

Daycare providers also typically have other workers around and aren’t watching the kids all day every day. I didn’t say it was acceptable, I said I wasn’t surprised something like this happened. How many times have they been filmed being negligent? 

• Upvote 20

22 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

If she took the plea it will be a fine also will never know what happened

Jana is an adult and plea agreements don’t typical result in sealed records for adults. She’ll avoid jail time, which is completely normal and appropriate for this type of charge, especially a first time offense. Anyone with the time and interest can request official records related to the matter. I expect at least one tabloid has submitted the request already, and will happily post a partially redacted police report soon. It might take a little longer than usual because I’m sure the clerk processing requests will be extra cautious in light of the lawsuit over the release of Josh’s molestation records.

• Upvote 19

Congratulations to Jana!  I didn’t know she had kids!

oh wait…no…she doesn’t?….those weren’t her kids?…she fell asleep because she was exhausted from watching other people’s kids her entire life…oh yeah, definitely charge THAT Duggar with child endangerment.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 2

Wasn't this about the time she returned from her trip to Vegas and L.A.? Some sites are suggesting she may have fallen asleep (possibly WOACB?). That would certainly be possible with jet lag. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

I once found a toddler in the middle of the road in my rural neighborhood. I parked in the middle of the road and put my hazard lights on to protect me and toddler from any cars and got out of the car. (Visibility was very good there.) I decided I should call 911 to alert the sheriff that I had found a toddler and didn't know her family. About ten seconds later a hyperventilating man showed up saying "we just took our eyes off her for a moment!" Her family was visiting her grandparents.

When I was around 14 I was biking down the street from my grandparents house and saw a toddler in the middle of the road. Luckily I knew whos her family was, put my bike at the side of the road and took the toddler and brought her to her home. Only her oldest sister were there and I said "Hi there, your little sister was wandering on the road and so I took her off the road and here she is". The sister thanked me but didnt seem concerned at all. She was maybe 12 herself. I did not think too much of it at the time but now looking back, kind of concerning that the oldest sister did not notice at all but also, that her parents left their 12 year old daughter alone with 3 young siblings, one of them being a toddler. I am glad I was there to save the little girl cause who knows what could have happened. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

Congratulations to Jana!  I didn’t know she had kids!

oh wait…no…she doesn’t?….those weren’t her kids?…she fell asleep because she was exhausted from watching other people’s kids her entire life…oh yeah, definitely charge THAT Duggar with child endangerment.

If nothing else this highlights The importance of caregivers getting four consecutive hours of sleep at night. Sleep deprivation is as dangerous as being drunk while caring for children.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

WOACB is claiming that Jana was charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Minor back on Sep 10th and has a court date scheduled for January 2022. Apparently she verified the info with the Elm Springs District Court, but I don't see anywhere this info could be found without contacting them directly. If this is made up, she's about to get her butt sued. If not... there goes the whole "Jana didn't get married to protect her younger sisters narrative.

Edit:

Looks like Duggar Data was able to confirm the charge.

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/670210060662849536/but-turns-out-you-can-search-online-for-your

I wonder if she was driving with one of the younger kids and didn’t have them in proper car seat or, no seat belt. 

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Driving charges, including no seat belts/car seats are almost always going to a traffic type fine - unless the adult was driving under the influence, evading a cop, that sort of thing. I’ve never heard of an endangerment charge just for the kid not being restrained (former social worker / California, so don’t know about Arkansas, but I’d be very surprised - unless she was driving with a baby on her lap, smoking a joint )

That’s the interesting part —- none of Jana’s siblings are young enough that “wandering off the property” should be an issue. Or really much of anything that a child endangerment citation would involve. Maybe she had some of the tweens use really dangerous power tools and they got injured? Or she bought them some alcohol? Otherwise it must be the littler nieces/ nephews. And as others have said - if a kid just wanders off - generally people do a frantic search and that’s it.

very, very curious! 

We’ve had endangerment charges for not using proper child restraints. We’ve also had them for drug use around kids, improper supervision, not providing medical care, etc. I’m in NY. It might be a state to state thing. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

Jana Duggar, 31, has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child and taken a plea deal | Daily Mail Online

Jana has entered a plea deal and is expected to appear in the Washington County District Court on January 10, the clerk said. The 31-year-old has no children of her own and is the eldest unmarried Duggar child. 

If convicted, she could face 30 to 90 days in jail behind bars or fines.  

Jana Duggar, 31, has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child and taken a plea deal | Daily Mail Online

For what it's worth

ETA: It is everywhere online. No details. 

In my professional opinion. As a first time offender with no risk factors that we know if she will likely get an ACD or a short term of Probation. No way she gets jail. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

53 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Just out of curiosity, what religion and sect are you referring to? I’m picturing Orthodox Jews but could be wrong and would like to know. 

Yep.  That's right. I live in a region with a huge Hasidic population along with other ultra-Orthodox Jewish sects. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, VintageLibrarian said:

Wasn't this about the time she returned from her trip to Vegas and L.A.? Some sites are suggesting she may have fallen asleep (possibly WOACB?). That would certainly be possible with jet lag. 

I am just watching WOACB last livestream, she has showed legal documents and there it says the road the incident happened, it is a road near the Duggar house. She also showed who the witness that called police was...i guess a neighbour? i know anyone can ask the court for this documents and surely by now the Duggars are aware who it was, but still feels shity to expose the witness to the wide public.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, atheistjd said:

My first thought was she broke the terms of Smuggar’s visitation and left an M kid with him unattended…

WOW - jinx emoji23.png

Of that we’re to happen and she was charged, 100% he would have had his pre-trial violated.

• Upvote 4

This will NOT happen, but it would be hilarious if the terms of her probation were that she could not be a child-care provider until probation was complete.    

(Like Sullie06 said, as a first time offender this is going to be minor consequence.  Oddly, if she were an actual parent/guardian she would likely have to take a court ordered parenting class, but she isn't.)

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Freejin said:

How do we know she took the plea? What is third degree specifically?

She pled not guilty. Hearing is in January.

Definition from the Arkansas Code is below. 

Spoiler

5-27-207. Endangering the welfare of a minor in the third degree.

(a) (1) A person commits the offense of endangering the welfare of a minor in the third degree if the person recklessly engages in conduct creating a substantial risk of serious harm to the physical or mental welfare of a person known by the actor to be a minor.

(2) As used in this section, "serious harm to the physical or mental welfare" means physical or mental injury that causes:

(A) Protracted disfigurement;

(B) Protracted impairment of physical or mental health; or

(C) Loss or protracted impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.

(b) Endangering the welfare of a minor in the third degree is a Class B misdemeanor

• Upvote 1

People saying Jana's pleading not guilty, didn't the clerk say she'd got a plea deal.

This probably counts as what JB is campaigning against - the state interfering with child rearing and parental authority (deputised to Jana by whoever's owned the kids she was minding at the time)>

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

People magazine article on it. Not the headline I was expecting.

https://people.com/tv/jana-duggar-charged-with-endangering-welfare-of-minor/

Click bait. The article talks more about Josh than Jana. And I need to retract my statement about her plea. Jana pled not guilty and ha$ hired an attorney. Cha-Ching, JB. Why can’t these people ever be honest and admit their transgressions? Major character flaw, IMO. Thou shall not lie. It’s in your good book Duggars. You can read, right?

• Upvote 16

KJ from WOACB claims to be the one who put in a FOIA request. I’m not saying she is telling the truth I’m just the messenger. 
I don’t want to out right call her a liar, I’m just not sure how reliable she is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

You know what I want more than anything? I want JB to exhaust all of his money on digging his kids and himself out of every jam that they have gotten into by thumbing their O So Superior noses at the rest of humanity and society at large. I hope every single one of these Covidiots have to endure and walk through the process that Dillards are currently undertaking, except with the added responsibility of a self and/or family supporting job for those over 18 and not in school.
-No more grifting, no more free rides, no more loafing around the TTH on Duggar Time or flying airplanes that they really can not afford or likely are not skilled enough to safely command, and no more procreating children for someone else to support and care for.

Get in the real GD world and follow the rules the rest of us live by and then try to tell the rest of us how your way and approach are better!

• Upvote 16
  • Confused 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic