IGNORED

Jana Duggar 13: I Don't Think She Will :(

nelliebelle1197

Question for those who have been involved here longer than me: is this Duggar unraveling really the glorious demise it appears to be? Is there any way for JB and M to come back from this or is it just too far gone? Has anything on this scale (pedo charges, an unexpected endangerment charge, children speaking out against family) ever happened in fundieland before?

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, SamanthasMom said:

Everything we know about the Duggars makes me not want to minimize this. Yes, it could be an unbuckled child or one that wandered, but many people have mentioned having these types of incidents happen with their children and they received warnings or a fine for a missing car seat. I think the apple didn’t fall far from the tree when it comes to safely caring for children.

Excellent point. JB is trying to spin a "they're out to get me and my family because we're celebrities, they cancelled our show and now they're coming after our children!" narrative but where they live, it sounds plausible that for something especially minor a pretty white girl would get a warning rather than a formal court charge.

• Upvote 15

6 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Question for those who have been involved here longer than me: is this Duggar unraveling really the glorious demise it appears to be? Is there any way for JB and M to come back from this or is it just too far gone? Has anything on this scale (pedo charges, an unexpected endangerment charge, children speaking out against family) ever happened in fundieland before?

Holding my breath hoping so....but they've never been held accountable before so I don't know what to think...and can't look away. 

Surprised JB wasn't powerful enough to get this one quashed. 

The citation record is clear, nothing to do with a vehicle.

There is a witness Jason Hart,  

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 6

11 minutes ago, Smee said:

Excellent point. JB is trying to spin a "they're out to get me and my family because we're celebrities, they cancelled our show and now they're coming after our children!" narrative but where they live, it sounds plausible that for something especially minor a pretty white girl would get a warning rather than a formal court charge.

Also I looked up Arkansas law and a child not being properly restrained in a vehicle is a $25 - $100 fine. So this isn’t it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 7

It’s hard to say not knowing exactly what Jana has been cited for, but I did wonder if LE in NWA is sick of JB Duggar and his antics. Personally, I abhor people who are hypercritical of everyone else and think they have an express ticket to heaven and who aren’t afraid to Lord if over everyone else, YET at the same time do not think the rules and regulations of society apply to them and their family very infuriating. Hypocrites.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

I have heard of so many unsafe situations where people are given a warning. It makes me wonder if this is a repeat happening for the Duggars?  Maybe it was a situation where you usually would get a warning but the Duggars refused to cooperate or let the responding agency ask the kids any questions. 

• Upvote 23

18 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Also I looked up Arkansas law and a child not being properly restrained in a vehicle is a $25 - $100 fine. So this isn’t it. 

The citation indicates this has nothing to do with a vehicle.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

I have heard of so many unsafe situations where people are given a warning. It makes me wonder if this is a repeat happening for the Duggars?  Maybe it was a situation where you usually would get a warning but the Duggars refused to cooperate or let the responding agency ask the kids any questions. 

I’m sure the truth will come out, but that’s what I’m guessing in the meantime - this maybe wasn’t the first incident of its kind, whatever happened. Or the minor was actually injured. 

It’s entirely possible that the responding officers are also stricter than what many of us have experienced in our own areas. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It’s hard to say not knowing exactly what Jana has been cited for, but I did wonder if LE in NWA is sick of JB Duggar and his antics. 

This is my thought, too. Maybe the police have had numerous complaints over the years that they've written off as not worth looking into but they're (again, purely speculation) getting more heat from people (or other authorities) and are tired of just looking the other way. 

Hopefully their house of cards is crumbling. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

This is my thought, too. Maybe the police have had numerous complaints over the years that they've written off as not worth looking into but they're (again, purely speculation) getting more heat from people (or other authorities) and are tired of just looking the other way. 

Hopefully their house of cards is crumbling. 

I hope many skeletons fall out of Jim Blob and Mullet's closet. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

I am a little curious what this could be about (and whose kids were involved) that Jana - the baby sitter - would get the blame for as opposed to the parents, themselves.  And if I was Jana I would be pissed that she has been forced to watch her parents and siblings kids and now is in legal trouble.

Oh, how I love to see this Tinker Toy house of cards fall!

• Upvote 17
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3

This how I would look to judge true demise or another roadblock.

First, I would wait on Jim Bob’s election results but it probably to much of a fast reaction to clearly judge.

Second, where the family at in a year from now. No new show… then a less foggy view. On camera interviews from multiple kids, Book deals, magazine’s covers, etc (even such coming out of the Dillards/Jinjer camp). Any of the 18 kids that became influencers lose less than 40% of their sponsorships. Then I see it as a possibility to climb out.

Third, where they are in 3 years. The family rarely have interviews. Maybe one or two cover stories/blur after the first year. The kids who are influencers maintained 75% of their endorsements after the initial drops. And/Or they are able to get new endorsements often. That several kids got book deals and new book deals still are rolling in. Then I doubt they have made it to the bottom of their demise pit.But if only one of them managed to get a book deal and published said book then I think that they hit the the bottom or are at least touching the bottom of the demise pit.
  • Upvote 7

If they are on the Fundie speaking circuit in 2022 will be another indicator. We can’t forget that they want fame, political power and religious clout.

Edited by Mrs Ms
Damn autocorrect! 2 sentences in my mother tongue and you garbled my post to that!?
  • Upvote 18

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I am a little curious what this could be about (and whose kids were involved) that Jana - the baby sitter - would get the blame for as opposed to the parents, themselves.  And if I was Jana I would be pissed that she has been forced to watch her parents and siblings kids and now is in legal trouble.

Oh, how I love to see this Tinker Toy house of cards fall!

She is a 30 year ol woman. No matter if she is a sitter, sister or aunt, if she is in charge of a minor, she is responsible. Being in a cult is not an excuse, because she can travel, has a car, has a smartphone, can understand laws and regulations etc. Many grandparents and relatives are somehow forced* to look after grandchildren/nephews and nieces and being "forced" it is not an excuse to put them in danger.

*forced because poverty (parents cannot pay for sitters or daycare), long work shifts, parents who are sick or tired and need help etc.

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I doubt she will be vilified by fundies. They will see it as the police telling fundies how to take care of kids. We know fundies hate when anyone tells them how to parent their kids. 

FIFY 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

6 hours ago, Freejin said:

I think that that outside of certain fundie circles they are probably toast. The only family I can think of who could survive something like this and retain a more mainstream following is the Bates. 

• Upvote 10

My prediction is she left a young child alone. Because that’s what those charges usually tend to be. It’s usually something to do with leaving a child unattended- like in a car, or home alone, or allowing access to something dangerous. Sometimes it’s giving them alcohol or weed or something. But I don’t see the latter with her. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Freejin said:

Aside from the Bateseses I don’t think any other fundie families are well known enough and climbed high enough to fall from grace as spectacularly. There have certainly been scandals and families that have split over said scandals. But also, in my view, the fall of the Duggars has been slow, and may continue to be. Ratings had dropped long before Josh’s arrest and there was speculation the show would be cancelled before any of us knew why. Jill & Derrick broke away years ago and continue to go from strength to strength, while Jinger and Jeremy keep trying new ways to launch their brand separate from the main borg (and keep failing to make any money off it). JB and Michelle were desperately trying to cling to some limelight but being the grandparents of a few babies doesn’t grab the attention the way being parents of a dozen little kids does, they’re obviously past their fertile years and the focus had long ago moved to the 2nd generation. After the way they handled the previous scandals it feels like there have been more snarkers than fans, along with a decent chunk of people who are just like “who? Oh yeah I vaguely remember catching a bit of that on tv one day when there was nothing else on”. Put it this way, with the possible exception of a few actual Duggars, I doubt there will be people leaving the cult because of what’s happening in their family now.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, amendgitan said:

My prediction is she left a young child alone. Because that’s what those charges usually tend to be. It’s usually something to do with leaving a child unattended- like in a car, or home alone, or allowing access to something dangerous. Sometimes it’s giving them alcohol or weed or something. But I don’t see the latter with her. 

I agree. We've seen time and time again how neglectful laid back this family has been around child safety. 

They always expect Jesus to pick up the slack for their shitty childcare practices and looks like Jesus had enough of them. 

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think that that outside of certain fundie circles they are probably toast. The only family I can think of who could survive something like this and retain a more mainstream following is the Bates. 

Interesting.  You think the Bates could maintain following with one of their kids doing what Josh did?  

Gil and Kelly are human vermin for the coverup of Gothard abuse, but I bet most of their mainstream fans have no idea who he is or what IBLP is.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Interesting.  You think the Bates could maintain following with one of their kids doing what Josh did?  

Gil and Kelly are human vermin for the coverup of Gothard abuse, but I bet most of their mainstream fans have no idea who he is or what IBLP is.  

I think they are very conscious of how they appear to normal folks and would from the start not be as supportive. Also, no way Gil is paying for defense attorneys. It would be hard, but if anyone could survive a scandal like this it would be the Bates. They recently had one of their sons on camera screaming a horrifically racist remark while the rest of the family laughed and it doesn’t even appear they lost a single social media sponsor. They have done some pretty awful things with virtually no lasting backlash. They just learn how to cover the crazy up a bit better. I’m not saying they could survive a Josh scandal, just that out of all the fundies they are the ones most likely to pull it off. 

• Upvote 11

I can't help but overanalyze their instagrams since early September. Absolute business as usual. Big smile on her face, they were in ATL for a minute so she can travel (within reason, I assume). I doubt this will cause any rift amongst the siblings. She will certainly be trusted again with the kids in the family.

Dying to know the details...

• Upvote 9

I don't follow Jana close enough to know, but has the timing of this incident coincided with the lack of Steve Wiseman sittings?

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic