IGNORED

Jana Duggar 13: I Don't Think She Will :(

nelliebelle1197

6 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

To be fair, the wiseman family band was pretty busy performing in early July, mid-August, and all of September. And Jana traveled for the home show thingy and the conference at mcauthurs church in California. 

The wissman blog is still private. 

yay I am happy to be back on the speculation bus.... yes I have a boring life. I look forward to people here and on reddit ferreting stuff out. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

I think something happened between Jana and Stephen in August.  Maybe Stephen was ready to get engaged and Jana wasn't.  I'm wondering if she has some strong fears of actually leaving home and change in general. I checked some extended Wissmann family instagrams when the rumors about them first started and several people were following her and not other Duggars.  Now all of those people have stopped following her.  I don't see her ever agreeing to leave Arkansas either and I feel like Stephen would want to stay in Nebraska.  I think she stays at home because it's what she knows and is used to.

Edited to add that by staying home she never has to overcome her comfort level.

Edited by fundiefriday
Additional information
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

I think something happened between Jana and Stephen in August.  Maybe Stephen was ready to get engaged and Jana wasn't.  I'm wondering if she has some strong fears of actually leaving home and change in general. I checked some extended Wissmann family instagrams when the rumors about them first started and several people were following her and not other Duggars.  Now all of those people have stopped following her.  I don't see her ever agreeing to leave Arkansas either and I feel like Stephen would want to stay in Nebraska.  I think she stays at home because it's what she knows and is used to.

Yeah true the unfollowing is quite telling.... Unless they did it because they wanted to distract us.

• Upvote 4

I don’t think Jana has any problems happily submitting to her husband and move wherever he seems fit. I believe Steven pulled the plug because he and his family don’t want to be in laws to the Duggars - especially with the newest scandal around Josh.
It might not be fair to Jana, but from all we now she is completely in line with her parents and will not shun her family even if they support Josh forever.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

believe Steven pulled the plug because he and his family don’t want to be in laws to the Duggars - especially with the newest scandal around Josh.

But Jeremiah and Hannah are still together. If anything I would think his family would be more concerned about a Duggar headship than Stephen becoming a headship of a Duggar. Whatever the reason, it’s not fear of being associated with that family. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Didn’t Jana say once that whoever she married would need to be willing to move to Arkansas? Or am I making that up.

I believe she somewhat recently redacted it and said she'd move for the right match.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Didn’t Jana say once that whoever she married would need to be willing to move to Arkansas? Or am I making that up.

She did, but I believe when she got a little older she said her standards had changed and she’d be willing to move. 

The unfollowing on Instagram may or may not mean anything. For example Ruth Wissmann (can’t remember what her married name is) is still following Jana but not Jeremiah, she’s also the one following the Hannahduggar account. Beth wissmann Beasley is also following Jana buy bot Jeremiah. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Perhaps they're just waiting until the trial is over, get that out of the way. They may be just coming up on a year based on what we know and some in the getting to know, courting and then engagement have taken that long or longer (when the true timeline is figured out).  What is usually quick is from the engagement to wedding. For the most part that seems to be 3 months max, except for a few.

Pus, it seems strange that if it's off they would still have their previously public blog on lockdown. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Perhaps they're just waiting until the trial is over, get that out of the way. They may be just coming up on a year based on what we know and some in the getting to know, courting and then engagement have taken that long or longer (when the true timeline is figured out).  What is usually quick is from the engagement to wedding. For the most part that seems to be 3 months max, except for a few.

Pus, it seems strange that if it's off they would still have their previously public blog on lockdown. 

I think everything's on hold until the trial happens. Maybe they'll have multiple announcements after a guilty verdict comes down to divert attention away from Josh

• I Agree 2

10 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I think everything's on hold until the trial happens. Maybe they'll have multiple announcements after a guilty verdict comes down to divert attention away from Josh

I can see this. JB probably still thinks he can grab a TV special with Jana’s wedding, pity party over Josh (Michelle dabbing fake tears) and throw in a brother and courtship too. I don’t think he’s ready to give up on the money and attention just yet.

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I can see this. JB probably still thinks he can grab a TV special with Jana’s wedding, pity party over Josh (Michelle dabbing fake tears) and throw in a brother and courtship too. I don’t think he’s ready to give up on the money and attention just yet.

Even without any of that, I could see wanting to wait for a wedding until things are settled. Nobody, let alone somebody who has been in dozens of weddings, plans weddings, and has waited a long time for their own —- is going to want their wedding overshadowed with a zillion whispers and questions about your horrid brother and the really vile thing he did. And speculation about if Anna is/isn’t leaving. And how do the M  kids look, poor things. That will ALWAYS be a shadow on them. But once his trial is over and things settle a bit it probably won’t be an all consuming storm. 

My personal opinion is she and Stephen had a break up, or a break, this summer, she went all out makeover and have some fun. Maybe they’ll work it out, maybe not. She definitely doesn’t seem like someone willing to settle or feel desperate for a husband. 

• Upvote 9

One advantage to waiting until after the trial - no question about if and how Josh can attend. If he’s convicted, he doesn’t attend. If there is a wedding soon after, people might have enough pity and self restraint to politely ignore the elephant in the room. On the off chance he’s acquitted, then he can attend without any restrictions and the family gets to boast about their blessings.

• Upvote 4

So jer and Hannah have gone public as dating, no engagement yet. So I think timeline wise, then Stephen and Jana could be similar but I am not sure Jana would want to announce just dating, so I think they could still be together. I'll accept their over if there is no announcement after Josh's trial. 

15 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Even without any of that, I could see wanting to wait for a wedding until things are settled. Nobody, let alone somebody who has been in dozens of weddings, plans weddings, and has waited a long time for their own —- is going to want their wedding overshadowed with a zillion whispers and questions about your horrid brother and the really vile thing he did. And speculation about if Anna is/isn’t leaving. And how do the M  kids look, poor things. That will ALWAYS be a shadow on them. But once his trial is over and things settle a bit it probably won’t be an all consuming storm. 

This. Jana has waited a long time for this, it is completely understandable that she wouldn't want it overshadowed. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 10/12/2021 at 3:39 AM, CarrotCake said:

I saw this TikTok the other day with a woman mentioning her 10-year anniversary with her boyfriend. Almost all comments were something like 'no ring yet?', 'it's not going to happen anymore', 'find someone who wants to commit' etc.

I was so surprised reading that. First of all, they were still very young, they probably got together in high school. So even if they want to get married it is still not strange they aren't. I got engaged after 8,5 years but I also have friends who did after 10 years. It really depends on what age you start dating.

Secondly, so many people I know do not get married at all. I know more people in my generation that have kids without getting married that do after getting married. Even in my parents generation I can name at least 5-10 couples that never got married. I am pregnant at the moment and when people talk to me that don't know my situation they will always say 'your boyfriend' when asking about something. I think at this point at least half of the kids here in the Netherlands are being born to unwed parents.

My sister and her now Husband never even got engaged. They started dating in 2002 and dated for years and years with  no intention of getting married. Had two kids. Were living their lives but after my sister opened her own business it made more sense for them to get married. So in 2018, they just went to the courthouse one day and got married.  

• Upvote 4

So now I think Jana and Steven aren’t together, after seeing the other twin with Hannah I realised Stephen may feel icky dating a chicky babe who looks like his sister lol. Other twin doesn’t seem to mind though. Hannah reminds me so much of janna in those pics. 

23 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Stephen may feel icky dating a chicky babe who looks like his sister l

That hasn’t stopped anyone in Duggarland so far…

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

So now I think Jana and Steven aren’t together, after seeing the other twin with Hannah I realised Stephen may feel icky dating a chicky babe who looks like his sister lol. Other twin doesn’t seem to mind though. Hannah reminds me so much of janna in those pics. 

I don't think she looks anything like Jana. I do think the Wissman sisters all look alike.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I don't think she looks anything like Jana. I do think the Wissman sisters all look alike.

Fundie females kind of blur together same dress style same hair style same posing style just sameness 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Speaking of fundie couples who look like brother and sister… Marjorie Jackson’s sister and her husband look like twins. I swear if we face swap it wouldn’t be a huge difference.

51DAEA79-720A-4174-AC67-70196A54C82B.jpeg

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Speaking of fundie couples who look like brother and sister… Marjorie Jackson’s sister and her husband look like twins. I swear if we face swap it wouldn’t be a huge difference.

51DAEA79-720A-4174-AC67-70196A54C82B.jpeg

Maybe that's why he wore the beard xD

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

My sister and her now Husband never even got engaged. They started dating in 2002 and dated for years and years with  no intention of getting married. Had two kids. Were living their lives but after my sister opened her own business it made more sense for them to get married. So in 2018, they just went to the courthouse one day and got married.  

My cousin and his now wife did this. Ten years together, living together for eight years, no plans to get married. Then they needed to move for a job opportunity, and since they lived in cousin’s house and girlfriend’s name wasn’t on the deed, the company wouldn’t pay for the move. They could add her to the deed or get married, and the courthouse wedding was the easier/cheaper/faster option.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic