IGNORED

Jana Duggar 13: I Don't Think She Will :(

nelliebelle1197

29 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

Yeah, thats been the one silver lining about this whole thing for me..... Emily D. Baker (lawyer on youtube for those who don't know) has said she estimates that Jim Bob probably spent a million dollars from when Josh first encountered law enforcement on these latest charges, (Joshgate 3) up to now.  JB is supposedly "rich" by most people's standards, but there's no way I can believe he's that rich rich, where he could be like "meh, whatever" about throwing a million bucks in the trash.  Especially not with all those dependents.   You know losing all that money just hurt him bad in the gut, and I'm enjoying that.

I know lawyers are crazy expensive, but a million? Wow. 

I have been wondering about this in regards to the appeal. I know "we're appealing!" Is just the knee jerk response of the defense after losing a case, but I really wonder if they actually will. I imagine JB is tired of setting money on fire for this. And Josh's guilt is pretty overwhelming. This ain't exactly the Sam Sheppard case. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

If I were Jana I’d be seriously tempted to say nope, no more babysitting. I’m going to enjoy my own life. 

(oops had a second thought and thought I’d be quick enough that it would merge with my first post.)

Edited by Karma
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I was coming here to post the Amy thing. Im

on the fence about this one. I’m not sure it was right of Amy to reveal this it reeks of her previous famy kind of style. 
I as a concerned cousin would be worried about saying something that could somehow interfere with the court case. 
I appreciate her support. But I don’t think it was her place to release the details.

what do others think. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Karma said:

If I were Jana I’d be seriously tempted to say nope, no more babysitting. I’m going to enjoy my own life. 

(oops had a second thought and thought I’d be quick enough that it would merge with my first post.)

That would be great, but that comes with being an adult and owning her agency and she's never given any indication to the public that she has any interest in that.

• Upvote 4

Can we take Michelle out of this? The Duggars, including the kids from Jackson on down were at the Bontragers' family camp then on the weeks long motorhome trip. Jana and Anna were presumably the only adults on the premesis. I think Joe and Kendra keep their distance for the most part. 

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

My own falling asleep story. 
One really hot day when OneKid was a toddler I fell asleep with her on the couch. 

We had been to the playground and grocery shopping and we were both dog tired after we got home and had lunch. 

She fell asleep on the couch while I was reading to her and before long I was snoring away.  

I woke up to find her sitting on the floor taking all of the covers my books. My niece did the same with the labels off cans. 

I’m not defending Jana or any Duggar however these things do happen. I suppose it can vary in how dangerous the situation.  

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I was coming here to post the Amy thing. Im

on the fence about this one. I’m not sure it was right of Amy to reveal this it reeks of her previous famy kind of style. 
I as a concerned cousin would be worried about saying something that could somehow interfere with the court case. 
I appreciate her support. But I don’t think it was her place to release the details.

what do others think. 

I think Jana and Amy both suck in their own ways so if Amy wants to burn it down I'm happy to watch.

Nothing she said here would hurt any court case.

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Can we take Michelle out of this? The Duggars, including the kids from Jackson on down were at the Bontragers' family camp then on the weeks long motorhome trip. Jana and Anna were presumably the only adults on the premesis. I think Joe and Kendra keep their distance for the most part. 

Do J and K still live on the compound or did they move into the new house with her parents or something?  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I'm not sure where Joken are these days. I was just adding them in case they still lived there as an option of adult supervision. 

Don't the Caldwells still live in the house meant for Joken? I wasn't aware of another house.

• Upvote 3

Is there a reason, with that many small children in their care over the years, they never bothered to put up a fence when living next to a two-lane highway?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Just now, meep said:

Is there a reason, with that many small children in their care over the years, they never bothered to put up a fence when living next to a two-lane highway?

Why spend money on safety features when you can just pray and save the difference.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 29
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Mother Dust said:

Jim Bob probably spent a million dollars from when Josh first encountered law enforcement on these latest charges,

Except someone said Josh the Perv put up property for his legal defense.  Anyone know the specifics?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, meep said:

Money and common sense. If you or I had volunteered to provide the funds and labor, the fence would be up, but left up to the Duggars, there’s no fence. Cheap and lazy, precious blessings be damned. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, meep said:

Don't they have a fence that goes across at least the front of their property?  We've seen it decorated for holidays and with flags. Also it  has a very large gate that we have seen Jessa drive thru.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, kachuu said:

Dying to know the details...

100% I doubt this is the publicity JB was looking for the day after Josh's conviction. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

Given that this family’s USP was loads of children they have always been breathtakingly careless with them. Barefoot kids crawling around, kids on kitchen counters, firearms lying around the living room, Jill showed us the ‘hack’ she learned from Michelle of balancing a car seat on a folding stroller, Jessa leaving dirty diapers lying around, Israel crawling among electrical cables. This is just the stuff they are happy to share.

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 2

So according to Cousin Amy, it was a little one that got away.  Jana needs the tell everyone "Screw all y'all. I'm not watching any kids any more" (especially if it was an M&M while Anna was with Josh ignoring her kids for the perv).

The thing that puzzles me is kids wander off everyday. Cops usually just give a warning.  Why was Jana charged?  Maybe an officer with a hard on for the family?

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

The thing that puzzles me is kids wander off everyday. Cops usually just give a warning.  Why was Jana charged?  Maybe an officer with a hard on for the family?

Yes, I was wondering this too. I wonder if people really hate the Duggars and are out to get them? In ordinary circumstances, I'd expect a warning from a police officer, with everyone just relieved the kid was OK

• Upvote 7

This fascinates me too, because just on this forum, a lot of parents have told their Houdini child stories-it is really common for a child to wander off, the police must be used to it and 99% of the time, it isnt the parents fault as such-even though we will blame ourselves! It makes me wonder if a complaint was made by the child's parent, or if it happened at camp (wasnt Jana a leader at JTTH?) 

I suppose we dont have long to wait for CSI Duggar Edition part 2. I wish Judge Judy was presiding (sorry but I LOVE her!)

• Upvote 6

Based on what I saw over on Reddit as well as here, Amy has made two posts , in throwing shade and a second one wit the too many kids to watch.  Personally, I don’t consider Amy a reliable source because it’s fairly clear they don’t share information with her.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Yes, I was wondering this too. I wonder if people really hate the Duggars and are out to get them? In ordinary circumstances, I'd expect a warning from a police officer, with everyone just relieved the kid was OK

I have to wonder if this wasn’t the first or second time something like this has happened and they finally decided to get more serious about it.  We’ve seen how totally negligent they are even when they know there are cameras on them, I have to think this isn’t an uncommon theme with them.

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

Emily D. Baker (lawyer on youtube for those who don't know) has said she estimates that Jim Bob probably spent a million dollars from when Josh first encountered law enforcement on these latest charges, (Joshgate 3) up to now.

Josh gets a million-dollar defense. I wonder what Jana will get. Is JB is willing to shell out for a pricey lawyer for Jana? I don't think I would be entirely surprised if JB told Jana she had to pay for her own lawyer or was put on some sort of payment plan to repay JB for the expensive lawyer. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Based on what I saw over on Reddit as well as here, Amy has made two posts , in throwing shade and a second one wit the too many kids to watch.  Personally, I don’t consider Amy a reliable source because it’s fairly clear they don’t share information with her.

Katie Joy has changed her story regarding Jana at least twice, so I’m guessing Amy’s first post was reacting to KJ’s initial story, which made Jana look pretty bad.  Apparently the source turned out to be wrong on several of the details.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

This fascinates me too, because just on this forum, a lot of parents have told their Houdini child stories-it is really common for a child to wander off, the police must be used to it and 99% of the time, it isnt the parents fault as such-even though we will blame ourselves! It makes me wonder if a complaint was made by the child's parent, or if it happened at camp (wasnt Jana a leader at JTTH?) 

I suppose we dont have long to wait for CSI Duggar Edition part 2. I wish Judge Judy was presiding (sorry but I LOVE her!)

Camp?  It was at the house.  Per the rumor (which who knows, Idk if Amy has inside sources and is just going off internet rumors) the kid(s) were found at the cross street which was a bit away.  Some of the grapevine says Marcus, most Maryella,, and some generic kids plural.

My gut is something more than the typical kiddo escape was up for the reasons you mentioned.  Also, she had to bond out, not on her own recognizance.  $480 isn't a fortune, but that they had her make bail at all is odd, but who knows how it works in Arkansas.

I have a couple thoughts about what could have made it rise to this, but pure speculation based on nothing. 

3 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

Josh gets a million-dollar defense. I wonder what Jana will get. Is JB is willing to shell out for a pricey lawyer for Jana? I don't think I would be entirely surprised if JB told Jana she had to pay for her own lawyer or was put on some sort of payment plan to repay JB for the expensive lawyer. 

Lawyers name is on her citation.  I posted it here somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Katie Joy has changed her story regarding Jana at least twice, so I’m guessing Amy’s first post was reacting to KJ’s initial story, which made Jana look pretty bad.  Apparently the source turned out to be wrong on several of the details.

I think it's funny that KJ acts like she gets intel from Amy when it's more likely IMO that it's the other way around.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Camp?  The main Duggar family may have been at Bontrager Family camp based on the ti,one of Instagram posts.  The posted screen shots of the legal dates clearly shows this was in Arkansas.  So the Duggar compound.  

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic