IGNORED

Maxwell 51: Empty Nesters, Empty Vesters? End of an Era

Coconut Flan

On 11/9/2021 at 11:00 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those reversal sperms were all rebellious!

Well, they probably resented being cooped up all that time, before the floodgates opened again!

Spoiler

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if the couple at the top of the photo(lady in a dress, guy wearing a tie) are the chaperones /moderators of this group?  They look older than the balance. On second glance, maybe it’s their attire that ages them.

I’m embarrassed to say I looked around Facebook and I saw the couple to the right sitting next to Mary are an engaged couple. And then the black woman next to them is going to be a bridesmaid. She sings so she likely knows Mary’s gentleman friend through the college choir. They seem like a nice group of kids. I’m glad Mary has some new friends. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m embarrassed to say I looked around Facebook

You and me both. My excuse is only that I need a Maxwell fix. Yes, they were the plain unbuttered toast of the blogging world but now that they are largely gone, I miss reading their blog. I doubt any of them will be back on public social media other than a few photos here and there so I'm wondering if fan fiction will fill the hole. Perhaps some talented FJ'er can tell me a good story.

• Upvote 8

It's good to see a Maxwell in a relaxed setting with a genuine smile not set up by Sarah for the blog. I hope Mary is learning a lot at Bible College, and not just about the bible & missions. People. Human interaction. Real communication not dictated by daddy. Friendship. The world is not evil & will not steal your salvation so you do not need to be "protected" from it. You can have fun for the sake of fun and not be a lazy interloper stealing money from god. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

It looks like a regular home's living room to me.

The total lack of art on the walls (even out in the hall) feels dormlike to me.  ABC does have married student apartments--it could be the living room of one of those.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, browngrl said:

You and me both. My excuse is only that I need a Maxwell fix. Yes, they were the plain unbuttered toast of the blogging world but now that they are largely gone, I miss reading their blog.

Me too.  

By the way, I see that from young Mr. Hock's public Facebook posts that he likes to make and sell crocheted animals. So if see Mary suddenly cuddling a crocheted teddy bear, I'm going to get suspicious.  Also, I don't know his exact age, but he was 20 as of Sept. 2020, so he's at least 21 now.

PS You can cut plain unbuttered toast a pizza cutter, you know. Watch my blog for a future post.

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 23

On 11/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, HereticHick said:

Me too.  

By the way, I see that from young Mr. Hock's public Facebook posts that he likes to make and sell crocheted animals. So if see Mary suddenly cuddling a crocheted teddy bear, I'm going to get suspicious.  Also, I don't know his exact age, but he was 20 as of Sept. 2020, so he's at least 21 now.

PS You can cut plain unbuttered toast a pizza cutter, you know. Watch my blog for a future post.

Not going to lie. A fundie male who can crochet little animals is endearing. There can be some toxic masculinity in fundie land so his crocheted animals are refreshing. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 11/11/2021 at 5:38 PM, sableduck said:

But…but…they’re having fun. 
What’s next; five animal crackers?

And are they playing...CARDS? And an open bag of chips - NO ONE IS COUNTING THE CHIPS.  Pandemonium.  

On 11/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, SassyPants said:

I wonder if the couple at the top of the photo(lady in a dress, guy wearing a tie) are the chaperones /moderators of this group?  They look older than the balance. On second glance, maybe it’s their attire that ages them.

Dress shirt and tie, polka dot dress + a name badge.  A little older married couple keeping an eye on things? 

But this is SO WONDERFUL.  A normal evening, socializing, having fun, hanging out with peers. 

• Upvote 19

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

And are they playing...CARDS? And an open bag of chips - NO ONE IS COUNTING THE CHIPS.  Pandemonium.  

You and a member of the opposite sex could end up reaching into the bag of chips AT THE SAME TIME. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 29

I hope Anna is also having fun with a peer group as well. Of all the M girls, I hope she is the one who gets married and has a family. She seems the best suited for that life. I wonder, are there many older students at this school? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I hope Anna is also having fun with a peer group as well. Of all the M girls, I hope she is the one who gets married and has a family. She seems the best suited for that life. I wonder, are there many older students at this school? 

The pictures seem to show a lot of students are late teens and early 20s. However I have a feeling there are a lot of peripheral folks in these groups. Meaning older folks involved in the church and school that aren’t students. Basically I’m thinking that they might meet some other friends that are closer to Anna’s age. 

• Upvote 9

I think one of the good things we learned from the picture is that Anna and Mary aren’t expected to be with each other at all times. They can do things, and be with others, without having their sister with them. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

You and a member of the opposite sex could end up reaching into the bag of chips AT THE SAME TIME. 

Pshh, they've got bowls to prevent that! Also perhaps a bit of a safer option with covid still a risk.

• Upvote 2

Mary looks radiant in those photos! What a cute couple they make with her art projects and his crochet.  It will also probably take them a long time to save up to go to the mission field if they are both colouring and playing with yarn all day so that is a great consolation. 😂

I hope Anna is leaving Mary to be chaperoned by the college house parents and doing her own thing.  Anna seems to be more of an engineer like her dad. On the 'related links' on the blog whenever Anna is featured there are lots of posts of her doing useful stuff, including electrics in the house renovations, and she is a computer programmer as well I think? Even her balloon modelling is construction skills as much as art. She probably would be very useful in the mission field or any field she puts her mind to I imagine. 

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1

59 minutes ago, Austrian Atheist said:

Just dropping this here: https://abc.edu/5k/

Anna had a great pace and Mary a nice stroll with company.

BTW: who are all those J-named Stalnakers?

I don't know, but I counted seven, and if they're all students I can't begin to imagine the tuition bill! 😳

• I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I don't know, but I counted seven, and if they're all students I can't begin to imagine the tuition bill! 😳

There were some pics with kids. So maybe siblings of students or children of alumni took part in the run as well?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Austrian Atheist said:

There were some pics with kids. So maybe siblings of students or children of alumni took part in the run as well?

I hope so, for the family's financial sake, unless their parents are rich! LOL. Or maybe they're all there on scholarships and grants or something. Work/study, paying their own way. My daughter did that at her Catholic college; she had some loans, but nowhere near what she'd have had if she hadn't gotten some scholarships and an on-campus job. It was a pricey school. And we are NOT rich!😆

15 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

More currently, the Stalnaker father seems to be serving as a pastor at a church in WV: https://www.mabscottbaptist.org/about-us/leadership/

Here's some of the special music they have performed: https://www.mabscottchristianbaptist.org/stalnakers

Take a look at those weekly bulletins. 👀

Mabscott is quite close to Mt Hope. It makes sense these fundies would attend a Bible college so close. 

I can’t believe they also have a Jinger. 🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic