IGNORED

Maxwell 51: Empty Nesters, Empty Vesters? End of an Era

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

They even have a Jinger!!!

ETA: Ooops, sorry - I just that it's already been mentioned. But what are the odds?

I'd bet pretty high in fundie land. 

They have a J theme, just like the "famous Duggars". Their Jinger was 5 at the time of their about page - and the last blog post of 2017 looks current for the time. Meaning the kid was born well after Duggar "fame", probably around 2012;, before the scandals, when the Duggars were probably in the middle of the peak fundie adoration. 

Some random Jinger born before the Duggars became fundie big wigs / tv whores, the odds would be pretty low, I think. But, in this case, I think their choice had a likely inspiration.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I'd bet pretty high in fundie land. 

They have a J theme, just like the "famous Duggars". Their Jinger was 5 at the time of their about page - and the last blog post of 2017 looks current for the time. Meaning the kid was born well after Duggar "fame", probably around 2012;, before the scandals, when the Duggars were probably in the middle of the peak fundie adoration. 

Some random Jinger born before the Duggars became fundie big wigs / tv whores, the odds would be pretty low, I think. But, in this case, I think their choice had a likely inspiration.

I agree that it was probably inspired by the Duggars. Lots of people get name ideas from tv and movies. The Willis Family has a J theme. They have 4 kids with the same name as the Duggars. Which isn’t surprising. But they have a Joy Anna. I don’t think that’s a super common name combo like Mary Ann. Therefore I think that it is possible it was inspired by the Duggars since she was born a couple years after their first special. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that it was probably inspired by the Duggars. Lots of people get name ideas from tv and movies. The Willis Family has a J theme. They have 4 kids with the same name as the Duggars. Which isn’t surprising. But they have a Joy Anna. I don’t think that’s a super common name combo like Mary Ann. Therefore I think that it is possible it was inspired by the Duggars since she was born a couple years after their first special. 

My name was inspired by a one hit wonder in the 60's. And it's just as, um, interesting as "Jinger". 

I have a cousin named Tara & her cousin was named Erika - born in the 70's to mother's who were fans of....a soap opera I am currently drawing a blank on. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

My name was inspired by a one hit wonder in the 60's. And it's just as, um, interesting as "Jinger". 

I have a cousin named Tara & her cousin was named Erika - born in the 70's to mother's who were fans of....a soap opera I am currently drawing a blank on. 

All My Children stars Erica Kane. 

The only soap I ever watched was Days of our Lives. Starting back in the early/mid 90s.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only soap I ever watched was Days of our Lives. Starting back in the early/mid 90s.

Yes, and she and Tara (Martin I think?) were adversaries for a man's love on the show back in the early 1970's.   Tara won his love, and she married the man.  Jeff, I think his name was. They killed Tara off shortly after they got married.   Not sure why.

And the person who played Tara, Karen Lynn Gorney, starred in Saturday Night Fever opposite John Travolta.

And now I'm really embarrassed that I know all this. :embarrassed:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2021 at 12:48 PM, Austrian Atheist said:

Just dropping this here: https://abc.edu/5k/

Anna had a great pace and Mary a nice stroll with company.

BTW: who are all those J-named Stalnakers?

Girls are allowed to beat males in this race?! :faint:   Won't that hurt their masculinity? :pb_rollseyes:

Seriously, glad the Maxwell ladies are getting out there away from the home borg. 

• Upvote 14

On 11/17/2021 at 3:18 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Seriously, glad the Maxwell ladies are getting out there away from the home borg. 

They are individuals now, just like Seven of Nine.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

On 11/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, Loveday said:

I don't know, but I counted seven, and if they're all students I can't begin to imagine the tuition bill! 😳

I am pretty sure the race was open to the greater abc community. I saw a few pictures with little kids running with their parents.

So, Anna's time was 27min 28sec and Mary's was 58min 47sec? I would have thought their times would have been closer but maybe Mary deliberately slowed her pace so as to not outrun Mr. Hock?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 11/17/2021 at 5:15 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only soap opera I ever watched was The Young And The Restless.  I was home on maternity leave and I became absolutely addicted to it.  Even my baby loved the theme song.  Of course I taped it after returning to work. I watched it for 15 years and then just suddenly stopped.  I was sad though when Catherine Chancellor Sterling died for real.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

So, Anna's time was 27min 28sec and Mary's was 58min 47sec? I would have thought their times would have been closer but maybe Mary deliberately slowed her pace so as to not outrun Mr. Hock?

I pictured Mary and Mr. Hock walking the 5k.  I'm sure they can't ever be alone together, so it was probably nice to walk and talk together for almost an hour, and still be around other people so as not to cause scandal. :pearlclutch:

• Upvote 14

So whose stalking the Maxwell site with me for Thanksgiving next week? There's bound to be a new post with pictures. Mary & Anna will definitely be home for Thanksgiving 🙂

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

So whose stalking the Maxwell site with me for Thanksgiving next week? There's bound to be a new post with pictures. Mary & Anna will definitely be home for Thanksgiving 🙂

Hmmm, and surely young Mr. Hock won't go all the way home to Uruguay for Thanksgiving--so why not a trip to Kansas?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

I think Steve is going to be VERY stingy with us on the updates. He’s mad mad sour grapes, and Sarah slammed the door when she left, in terms of her updating anything. (Which, obviously, YEA Sarah!!)

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, kpmom said:

I pictured Mary and Mr. Hock walking the 5k.  I'm sure they can't ever be alone together, so it was probably nice to walk and talk together for almost an hour, and still be around other people so as not to cause scandal. :pearlclutch:

I agree. Mary's time is a walking pace for a 5k. 

• Upvote 8

On 11/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, Tangy Bee said:

I just checked their blog for the first time in ages. No Thanksgiving post! 😮

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I just checked their blog for the first time in ages. No Thanksgiving post! 😮

Yeah—that’s something Sarah would have done, and she’s officially noped out.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I'm not too surprised there isn't a Thanksgiving post just yet (if there is one).  I would expect they might enjoy their weekend together and THEN consider posting.

I also won't be too surprised if they never post again, though I'm hoping for something like a quarterly update.  I'd love to see Christmas pics of the littles, hear how college is going, and so on.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

12 hours ago, daisyjane1234 said:

I'm not too surprised there isn't a Thanksgiving post just yet (if there is one).  I would expect they might enjoy their weekend together and THEN consider posting.

I also won't be too surprised if they never post again, though I'm hoping for something like a quarterly update.  I'd love to see Christmas pics of the littles, hear how college is going, and so on.

I would love to hear about Sarah's new home and find out how she is doing. It has to be a major adjustment for her to live on her own.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I would love to hear about Sarah's new home and find out how she is doing. It has to be a major adjustment for her to live on her own.

Did she save enough over the years to buy it on her own? If so,  she is really independent.  Sort of.  Does she have an income/salary/benefits working for Swift Otter? 

Windy? Brandy, Sweet Caroline?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Did she save enough over the years to buy it on her own? If so,  she is really independent.  Sort of.  Does she have an income/salary/benefits working for Swift Otter? 

I don't think anybody here knows. The Maxwells just suddenly announced that Sarah had moved out. They did not provide many details, except that she has been working for her brothers.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic