IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

I  too think it will solve the  accomodation problems when Anna and the Ms come to visit Josh.

It is a 2021 model,  pretty modern, with a big bash on the side- but will house lots of Ms. It's a trailer camper that you pull along so can be parked at the side of the house and used for visitors.

God did well!  Estimated retail value $36,000

20220717_172611.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 4

On 7/16/2022 at 8:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems like so many fundies have campers/RVs. The Rods, Duggars, Bontragers, Maxwells, and others all had them at some point. I’m wondering if they will use it mostly for family conferences. It seems like the cheapest way to do Big Sandy. 

As others have pointed out, I think big fundy families also use them as extra guest rooms when family and friends--like Anna and all the M's-- come to town. And when your kids get to marrying, they might use the camper as a first home (I believe at least two Bates couples did that, and didn't Joy and Austin live in a camper while renovating a house?)

Campers/Caravans/RVs work best when you live in a rural/semi-rural area with few zoning requirements. Which is what fundies seem to prefer anyway. 

I live in a townhouse association that doesn't allow RVs to be parked. They have to be stored elsewhere--so they won't work as extra guest space.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

As others have pointed out, I think big fundy families also use them as extra guest rooms when family and friends--like Anna and all the M's-- come to town. And when your kids get to marrying, they might use the camper as a first home (I believe at least two Bates couples did that, and didn't Joy and Austin live in a camper while renovating a house?)

Campers/Caravans/RVs work best when you live in a rural/semi-rural area with few zoning requirements. Which is what fundies seem to prefer anyway. 

I live in a townhouse association that doesn't allow RVs to be parked. They have to be stored elsewhere--so they won't work as extra guest space.

It reminds me of Irish travelers. 

• Upvote 8

On 7/15/2022 at 1:06 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

David and Cil posted a video on Instagram and it’s so funny in a ridiculous fundie way. Cil is talking to all the children about god answering prayers and how he always listens. And she said he’s answered our prayers and it’s outside! They all go outside and Destiny yells, “god gave us a camper!” Yes, god gave the Pecans a camper. Not the parishioners that tithed 10% to the church. No, it was god. Only in fundieland….

I vote ''God-given camper'' as the next thread title. 😆

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 4

Watching the video of Pricilla speaking on hospitality is… awkward and painful. god bless her. I don’t know whether to be thankful she has David to help her along or sad he pushes her out there when she plainly is uncomfortable in the camera and it hasn’t gotten better over the years. I’m… torn on my feelings. I’m happy she has been able to somewhat create a life with her kids and David but… I think Pricilla could have used some interventions to help her along that weren’t available to her and I’m sad her options are/ were so limited although she seems blissfully unaware and happy… uncomfortable watch.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8

26 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Watching the video of Pricilla speaking on hospitality is… awkward and painful. god bless her. I don’t know whether to be thankful she has David to help her along or sad he pushes her out there when she plainly is uncomfortable in the camera and it hasn’t gotten better over the years. I’m… torn on my feelings. I’m happy she has been able to somewhat create a life with her kids and David but… I think Pricilla could have used some interventions to help her along that weren’t available to her and I’m sad her options are/ were so limited although she seems blissfully unaware and happy… uncomfortable watch.

She could benefit from speech therapy to learn the tongue on the bump & all the other tricks of the trade to teach kids how to properly enunciate their words.  Priscilla can get therapy now & it will make a world of difference.  I wish Pecan would get her help.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

30 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

She could benefit from speech therapy to learn the tongue on the bump & all the other tricks of the trade to teach kids how to properly enunciate their words.  Priscilla can get therapy now & it will make a world of difference.  I wish Pecan would get her help.

There’s other issues besides speech in my opinion but yes this would help. She avoids eye contact or simply doesn’t connect and understand it. Maybe that’s just with a camera. She seems to lose train of thought and not be able to grasp the right words. Perhaps this is all nervousness in front of the camera and that’s the only way we’ve ever seen her (obviously)… but then why push her in front of a video? I suspect this is just how Pricilla is which is lovely and all, but again I just think she could have benefited or could benefit from some speech and OT and before now some academic help/ accommodations. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

I think Pricilla could have used some interventions to help her along that weren’t available to her and I’m sad her options are/ were so limited although she seems blissfully unaware and happy… uncomfortable watch.

She definitely needed educational assistance as a kid. 

I don't think she's unaware of her limitations. She's said in the past that Anna had a much easier time when they were homeschooled and that she struggled with things Anna found easy. And we know Anna is of low-average to average intelligence at best. 

I like Pris. I hope I'm wrong, but I worry that The Fabulously Perfect Mr. David Waller is unkind or at least impatient with her. The creep decided on her because he figured he'd never have to worry about her not being subservient to him. She seems to try so hard to please.  

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 8

I don't know.  I think he used to be impatient and make Priscilla nervous when they first married.  I think in more recent years he's appeared to me to have adjusted and realized that Priscilla needs some assistance and he's settled to usually providing it.  

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't know.  I think he used to be impatient and make Priscilla nervous when they first married.  I think in more recent years he's appeared to me to have adjusted and realized that Priscilla needs some assistance and he's settled to usually providing it.  

Waller is no dummy. I think he married her because he fully understood she was more childlike than any of the other women in his orbit. Much easier for him to fully control someone like that. And she's very pretty. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 11

On 7/17/2022 at 11:38 AM, Sops2 said:

God did well!  Estimated retail value $36,000

:D and :D and :D :D some more!  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

RVs:

Paines

Balkas

Forsythes

Wallers

Did I miss anyone?

Nathan and Esther Bates, right?

• Upvote 5

Jed! and Katey first  borrowed one, then bought one.

Nathan and Esther live in one full time, rather than a house.

All of them are RVs except the Waller one which does not have a cab, but is towed along.

You can fill your RV with kids for a journey, but David and Prisc  will have to fit the kids or the Ms in the back of a large car or people carrier to get them from one place to another. 

Some of the campers like the one they have bought had triple bunk beds at the back( a bit like shelves) for kids to sleep in.

(Dare we mention the Rodrigues RV, Nathan and Nurie's RV, the one that Timmie lives in or are we keeping quiet about them)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I’m almost positive the Bates family had an RV years ago and would pile into it when they went to Big Sandy. 

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

There’s other issues besides speech in my opinion but yes this would help. She avoids eye contact or simply doesn’t connect and understand it. Maybe that’s just with a camera. She seems to lose train of thought and not be able to grasp the right words. Perhaps this is all nervousness in front of the camera and that’s the only way we’ve ever seen her (obviously)… but then why push her in front of a video? I suspect this is just how Pricilla is which is lovely and all, but again I just think she could have benefited or could benefit from some speech and OT and before now some academic help/ accommodations. 

I suspect that anxiety plays a huge role in Priscilla's speech difficulties. IBLP is a recipe for creating anxiety and if she is by nature, shy or more nervous, the brainwashing would have finished the job. In a calm, loving, gentle home Pris would have received the academic support she needed and be built up to have confidence in herself and her goodness. I feel so badly for all kids raised IBLP

I know that I sound like I have cognitive delays when I get anxious. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

I hate to speculate on anybody who may or may not have a disability, but I believe she might.  The reason I say that is I have seen the way she has reacted in certain a episode (the one I am thinking about is when they go camping with Anna the he who must not be named).

7 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

So we aren't gonna talk about the fact that she is homeschooling her children??

I think David must help a lot. I have a feeling this family might be like the Maxwells. Teri was often dealing with depression and sometimes couldn’t teach. So instead of getting her therapy, he just homeschooled the kids when he got home from work while Teri locked herself in her room. I bet David does a lot of the homeschooling that Pris is unable to do. It may work better now that he’s a pastor. His hours might now be better for helping with homeschooling. 

• Upvote 7

Yes, I don't get the sense David would allow his sons to be undereducated, at least not as far as the fundie world goes. He certainly wouldn't want them going to Texas A&M, but they'll need to do well enough to be pastors. Because what the hell else is there to be? 

Priscilla can educate the girls on how to be sister moms and prepare for a life of servitude. 😞 

• Upvote 9

It would be easy enough for Pris to connect up with another homeschooling mom; then Pris can watch the infants and toddlers while the other mom teaches the older kids. I agree that David would make sure his kids got a basic education. I can’t believe that people in their church would give them an rv but would not offer to help Pris with the children. Maybe they see David as the prick that he is, but they can’t help but love his wife and their passle of golden-haired children. (She reminds me of Goldie Hawn in her flower girl skits on Laugh-in back in the day. For the best evidence see the video of Pris “explaining” spring.)
  Pris’s delay may not be global; it might be primarily speech and dyslexia. Anything else can be ascribed to the fundie restriction of her world. Think of Anna with a speech delay and performance anxiety—she’d sound like Pris, right?

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 9

The younger Spiveys must be home schooled by Hilary.

Both families live in Cresson, and David mentioned that they were going to live in the "compound" which I think was an in joke about a gated area of the town. Perhaps they share a bit of the home schooling, with Pris doing the babies and toddlers

• Upvote 1

Only the oldest three have needed any real homeschooling so far. They are 9, 7, and 5. I wouldn’t be surprised if David could handle their homeschooling himself while Pris did everything else around the house plus all the childcare of the youngest 3. I imagine he can make his own hours outside of the regular church services. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic