IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

David learned to hide and cover that is all.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

David learned to hide and cover that is all.

I figured he had learned that long ago working for Gothard for so long.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, SisterCupcake said:

Where is the apology posted?

"Fairpark Baptist Church affirms that racism and slavery are wrong, sinful and violate the scriptures. As a part of our faith we would never condone slavery, or tolerate any kind of prejudice against people of color." 

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/fort-worth-church-apologizes-comments-duggar-family-service/

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

22 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

"Fairpark Baptist Church affirms that racism and slavery are wrong, sinful and violate the scriptures. As a part of our faith we would never condone slavery, or tolerate any kind of prejudice against people of color." 

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/fort-worth-church-apologizes-comments-duggar-family-service/

Add to the list of things that frustrate me if what I imagine (so all ISB) the conversation around this being OMG people are so sensitive these days, and while we stand by our message we have to be "politically correct" because others view it as racist. I feel there will be no accountability and more it viewed as an act of Satan challenging them or whatever they claim when they do something wrong and get called out on it. 

• Upvote 8

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

figured he had learned that long ago working for Gothard for so long.

If he had truly learned that, the sermon would never have been posted publicly.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

If he had truly learned that, the sermon would never have been posted publicly.

It was livestreamed. He only took it down after "getting caught." 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Exactly, if David had learned to cover nothing would ever have been live streamed, posted, or otherwise. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I hope David’s starting to feel the heat from being such a “high level” supporter of Gothard. No matter how painfully squeeky clean his “family man” image is, he knew what was going on behind the scenes with Gothard and continued to support him! Not only that but David Waller supported the convicted child predator Joshua Duggar during the trial that had even seasoned detectives saying how evil what Josh was looking at was! IMO David Waller is not safe to be around children and should not be around them, even his own!

I’m very curious as to why Waller continued to support Gothard. I can understand that he had little to no power over Gothard when working at headquarters and would have been fired if he had objected to how Gothard treated women but was he so sold out that he felt trapped and couldn’t speak up? Was he okay with what was happening? Did he think it would be wrong for others but was okay for Gothard? What was going on in his brain? Now that he has daughters, how does he feel about it? Basically, I’d like to sit him down and interrogate him. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

Exactly, if David had learned to cover nothing would ever have been live streamed, posted, or otherwise. 

Well, now that he's announced that future sermons will possibly be edited before posting makes the point moot. The Pecan is probably seething. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Well now how are we suppose to know the family gossip when Priscilla shares the prayer requests. (Sarcasam) Seriously glad they are going off line.  They should have started when they found out people were using the service to get gossip.  Nothing David says is video sharing worthy, even if he thinks it is.  
I do wonder if Jill Rod would have ever shared about the miscarriage if Priscilla didn’t spill the beans.  Wait….Nevermind 

I noticed at least one news outlet that picked up the apology didn’t mention Mikes relationship to David, just to Anna.  I didn’t click the one that was posted, so maybe that one did.  I did find another that said David was Mikes son in law.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Now that he has daughters, how does he feel about it? Basically, I’d like to sit him down and interrogate him. 

Pretty sure David had all or all but one of those daughters when he penned his letter to the court of behalf of Josh Duggar.

Even if we're to assume he thinks Josh is innocent of the crimes that sent him to prison (hard to assume, because he sat through all the testimony), it's an indisputable fact he sexually assaulted little girls.

He may be wrapped up in a shiny happy package, but David Waller is a piece of shit. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Not sure where to post this, but Washington Post has an article about a book that was pulled then reinstated in Katy, TX:  But then, in late 2021, Craft got word: A school district in Katy, Tex., had pulled “New Kid” from circulation after a parent petition claimed that the book contained harmful content involving critical race theory. “New Kid” was reinstated after a 10-day review — when a committee found no inappropriate content — but not before Craft’s Zoom appearance there had been postponed. According to the PEN America organization, a nonprofit that defends free expression for authors, “New Kid” has also been challenged in at least two other Texas school districts, as well as in districts in Florida and Pennsylvania.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/comics/2023/04/08/jerry-craft-new-kid-school-trip-book-ban/

• Thank You 1

On 7/6/2023 at 8:14 PM, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Well, they've just added lying to their sins. The bolded is not true. Saying that the bible condemns slavery is one of the "we believe it all except when we don't" games that fundies play.

Some just say something like the above, and assume people don't know any better. Some claim it's exclusively an "old testament" thing (it's not). Some  claim that it was all just temporary indentured servitude (it was not).

Non-believers and contemporary believers can simply acknowledge that slavery was an accepted part of the ancient world, that we can now condemn because we know better, and that everything in the bible isn't applicable to our lives.

But, just like they do with everything else, fundies have to tie themselves in knots to try to explain how all scripture is perfect and wonderful.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

On 6/30/2023 at 1:39 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Pecan has always come across as the squeaky clean fundie man of god. We know better of course. So I’m very glad this all went down at his church and it’s his father in law. 

Sometimes Karma does turn up just where it should. 

On 7/7/2023 at 2:13 AM, marmalade said:

Well, now that he's announced that future sermons will possibly be edited before posting makes the point moot. The Pecan is probably seething. 

Which is a lot worse. Hiding their evil church from outsiders. Being secretive. Exactly how bad things happen for so long and Josh Duggar’s are made.  If their church sermons were true biblical honest sermons they would t have to be edited. David Waller is a twat.  He can fuck off. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

On 7/6/2023 at 8:13 PM, Expectopatronus said:

m very curious as to why Waller continued to support Gothard. I can understand that he had little to no power over Gothard when working at headquarters and would have been fired if he had objected to how Gothard treated women but was he so sold out that he felt trapped and couldn’t speak up? Was he okay with what was happening? Did he think it would be wrong for others but was okay for Gothard? What was going on in his brain?

I don't think there's much mystery here.  The entire Gothard outline has to do with submission to authority -- it wasn't just women submitting to men - it's everyone submitting UNTHINKINGLY to the person in authority over them and the parallel demand of No Bad Reports (no gossip, no criticism). In this setup, Gothard is next to God and can't be criticized. 

Everyone knew that Gothard had a preferred type. He  molested young teen girls in their nightgowns by showing up for "hugs" just before they went to bed. He asked these same young teen girls sexually explicit questions. Gothard was a pedophile (and foot fetishist) operating in plain sight, and he had groomed his followers to accept this

Anyway, David's in the room with Gothard and assumes that WHATEVER is going on is somehow OK and totes normal  because he was educated in a way to stunt any critical thinking skills - unquestioning submission to authority. 

One woman (can't remember if she was a Gothard victim) believed that the entire IBLP structure of submission was created by Gothard as vehicle to enable his pedophilia. Mind blowing to consider this but it seemed entirely possible when I read it.

Remember: Gothard is a pedophile,  one of his brothers was/is a sexual predator.  Another brother was sentenced to prison in Florida for swindling the elderly out of their money. The level of pathological dysfunction and sociopathy in that family is staggering. So yeah, it didn't seem to be a reach to think that Gothard used his evil genius to set things up (submit to authority and send your pure daughters to me at Headquarters!) to get an unending stream of vulnerable teens to enable his pedophilia. 

As a Baptist preacher, David Waller likely does pastoral counseling. He's never been to college (that I know of) and certainly not seminary.  I cannot imagine what his counseling is like if he's counseling women in a troubled marriage or single women, teen girls. 

Side note: This entire thing with Gothard's brother sexually abusing women at the Northwoods location did blow up and those trying to be whistleblowers got the word out using the tools at their disposal:  mimeographs,  US mail and I'm sure phone calls. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

On 7/6/2023 at 9:35 PM, KWLand said:

I do wonder if Jill Rod would have ever shared about the miscarriage if Priscilla didn’t spill the beans.  Wait….Nevermind 

Who had a miscarriage? 

30 minutes ago, JMO said:

Who had a miscarriage? 

David Waller was preaching at his church and I believe his wife Priscilla (Keller) Waller mentioned during prayer requests Jill Rodrigues had recently miscarried. Jill's daughter Nurie (Rodrigues) Keller is married to Nathan Keller, sibling of Priscilla. What is surprising is Jill Rodrigues had not mentioned she was pregnant yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

On 7/7/2023 at 7:40 PM, gustava said:

Not sure where to post this, but Washington Post has an article about a book that was pulled then reinstated in Katy, TX

Side note that Katy, TX is the home of Rick Shrader (John Shrader's dad).  Katy, bisected by a major highway, is one of those very small sleepy towns with a railroad and rice farming heritage that is becoming a suburb of Houston. 

• Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic